Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Information on how to reserve seats for the 2007 Candlelight Processional

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Right... that's why I'm asking if the reserved ones are clearly marked... don't want to wait in the wrong chair all day long

Thanks for the info darkbeer!
    Note, if you get there early, you won't be allowed to sit until after the 2nd parade.

The first parade will be at around 11 AM, and the second parade will be offered at 3 PM (approx).

It isn't until the second parade has passed the area that the "best" seats will be set up, as they are actually on the street (asphalt).

If you get there early, there will be an area set up for those waiting for the "free" seats, and once they are ready to allowing seating, they will bring the guests over, trying to preserve the order in which folks arrived and started to wait.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Kenny the Pirate

Re: 2007 Candlelight Celebration

Times for CP have been posted on Disneyland.com calendar

The Candlelight Procession & Ceremony
    5:30pm 8:00pm
    Kenny the Pirate
    AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
    Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
    Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
    Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

Re: Information on how to reserve seats for the 2007 Candlelight Processional (Merged

I'm nervous that I can't find it anywhere on tickets.com yet. It seems like the dinner packages are for sale really late this year. It'll be less than two weeks before. I thought there used to be a page on the Disney AP website. I can only find it on the master calendar now. Just nervous about the lack of official info.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Information on how to reserve seats for the 2007 Candlelight Processional (Merged

MousePlanet reported on Tuesday that Disney has decided to use their own website, but all the info on prices and the date to register is the same.

More info should be out shortly.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    MousePlanet reported on Tuesday that Disney has decided to use their own website, but all the info on prices and the date to register is the same.

More info should be out shortly.
    Please keep us posted. The tickets are selling on the Disneyland.com site??

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Please keep us posted. The tickets are selling on the Disneyland.com site??
    Here is what MousePlanet posted on Tuesday...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl071030xx

Disney's dining reservations Cast members have been given official information about the Candlelight Processional dining packages, and some of the details differ from the rumor we shared in last week's Disneyland Park Update. Tickets will be offered starting Monday, November 19 at 10 a.m. (PDT), but they will not be sold through Tickets.com as we previously reported. Instead, Disney will once again offer the tickets directly through www.disneyland.com/candlelight. (This link was not yet active at press time)

Disneyland Resort annual passholders who have registered their e-mail address through the Disneyland Web site will receive a link to the registration page in an upcoming e-mail newsletter.

To recap, three levels of tickets will be offered.
    • $75 per person, includes dinner at Storytellers Cafe or Hook's Point. ($25 increase from 2006)
    • $100 per person, includes dinner at Steakhouse 55, Vineyard Room or Yamabuki. ($25 increase from 2006)
    • $125 per person, includes dinner at Napa Rose, available to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders only. (Same price as 2006)
    All prices include nonalcoholic beverage, tax and gratuity. Diners must purchase their tickets in the same transaction in order to be seated together, and there is a limit of 6 tickets per transaction.

There is more info at the link.

$25 is a really big increase. I'm still going to try to buy though. Thanks for the update!

Cool Re: Information on how to reserve seats for the 2007 Candlelight Processional (Merged

Hello all:

I have been attending for the last 5 years since my niece sang there and I have never paid for seating. I usually arrive before 11:00 and sit on the curb directly in front of the Disney Main Street Theater. I usually just sit on the curb however twice after the show started I moved to the chairs. There is one thing to keep in mind to help you to make a wise desicion before you buy the overpriced tickets. The chairs you sit in are small white wooden chairs with cheep padding. They are packed close together and no leg room. Another note is the ticket is for seating only. You must buy admission into the park. The tickets go on sale Monday 11/19/07 on tickets.com at 10:00am. This is the fist time Disney has used the service. In the past it was on Disneys Site which last year it crashed when it was overloaded.

So that is my inside scoop. Bring a blanket, food, games, a book and make a day of it camping on the curb. *Note - If you are sitting on the curb you can stay there up to and through ot the show. I have never been blocked by the people sitting in the chairs. People sitting on the sidewalk must stand up about 1 hour before the show starts and remain standing.

Ok lastly about the extra chairs. I have never witness this or actually talked to anyone who has done this route. This is just what my sources have told me. People arrive at the park before it opens and wait in a line outside the gate. When the park opens and line moves into the park. At that time rather than having people stand in a line all day they hand out wrist bands. Enough to cover the extra seats. You must be in line to get the wrist band. A Castmenber will put the band on you. You cannot remove it or break the band. You are then free to eather spend the day in the park or leave and come back.
    The chair area is roped off all day and they usually don't set all the chairs up until like 3:00 or 4:00. Also a word of note. If your get there early in the morning and attempt is sit on a bench - don't. All the park benches from the entire area are removed.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Baloobear1959; 11-06-2007 at 05:39 PM.

Any confirmation on where these tickets are going to be sold? It's been relatively quiet on this..

It is confirmed the tickets will be sold on tickets.com on Monday 11/19/07 at 10:00am.

Does the Candlelight Processional affect any of the fireworks shows or the snow on Main Street?

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I don't recall it interupting any of Disney's planned event's other than the trains don't run when they're doing the CP because the stage backs right up to Main Street Station.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boolbear1959 View Post
    Ok lastly about the extra chairs. I have never witness this or actually talked to anyone who has done this route. This is just what my sources have told me. People arrive at the park before it opens and wait in a line outside the gate. When the park opens and line moves into the park. At that time rather than having people stand in a line all day they hand out wrist bands. Enough to cover the extra seats.
    Does anyone know if that is really true?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

It is confirmed the tickets will be sold on tickets.com on Monday 11/19/07 at 10:00am.
    Confirmed by who? Source please.
    Rick

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

There is one thing to keep in mind to help you to make a wise desicion before you buy the overpriced tickets.
    I was lucky enough to purchase four passholder exclusive tickets to Candlelight last year - the ones that included a pre-show meal at Napa Rose. Lu and I treated two of our good friends to an exquisite evening at the Resort. We had a wonderful meal at Napa Rose and were seated in the third row for the Candlelight performance. It was truly an evening to remember forever. Were the tickets overpriced? Perhaps to some, but frankly, I personally cannot imagine camping on the ground on Main Street for the entire day hoping to catch a glimpse of the show. To each his own.
    Rick

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast