Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• DLR Cast Member

Re: Information on how to reserve seats for the 2007 Candlelight Processional (Merged

Quote Originally Posted by Boolbear1959 View Post
    It is confirmed the tickets will be sold on tickets.com on Monday 11/19/07 at 10:00am.
    Please don't be offended, but I work in Guest Services at DLR, and sell the tour and parade seating, so we got the official notice from the main office. Tickets will be only sold at www.disneyland.com/candlelight --- NOT at tickets.com!!!

Please don't tell people the wrong information because then they'll start calling and screaming at me because they couldn't get tickets.

I had enough people screaming at me because they were Annual Passholders and they didn't buy tickets for Mickey's Halloween treat when they were offered them in April before they went on sale to the general public and once they were sold out, we couldn't sell any more. I have heard every excuse in the book now, and if you try and purchase at tickets.com, I will have no sympathy for you when Candlelight is sold out...

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Re: Information on how to reserve seats for the 2007 Candlelight Processional (Merged

Quote Originally Posted by Rixter View Post
    I was lucky enough to purchase four passholder exclusive tickets to Candlelight last year - the ones that included a pre-show meal at Napa Rose... It was truly an evening to remember forever.
    Tigerlily and I did the same thing. We were seated front row-center. It was sooooooo cool to hear the story of Christ's birth being told in my most-favorite destination on earth.

We've really enjoyed our complimentary wine glasses from the Napa Rose dinner.
    Last edited by Circarama; 11-06-2007 at 09:37 PM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by pattimelt View Post
    Please don't be offended, but I work in Guest Services at DLR, and sell the tour and parade seating, so we got the official notice from the main office. Tickets will be only sold at www.disneyland.com/candlelight --- NOT at tickets.com!!!

Please don't tell people the wrong information because then they'll start calling and screaming at me because they couldn't get tickets.
    THANK YOU for a seemingly accurate and actually helpful post.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

I had enough people screaming at me because they were Annual Passholders and they didn't buy tickets for Mickey's Halloween treat when they were offered them in April before they went on sale to the general public and once they were sold out, we couldn't sell any more. I have heard every excuse in the book now, and if you try and purchase at tickets.com, I will have no sympathy for you when Candlelight is sold out...
    Thank you very much for the "Official" news - we'll gratefully overlook the fact you aren't an "authorized spokesperson", and if anyone from TDA asks we'll all be sure to say you were never here...

(And if that doesn't work we''ll try the hand-waving and "These are not the droids you are looking for..." line - that one never fails. )

As others have said, the plans are usually long set in stone and announced by now. Please forgive the speculations and rumor in an information vacuum.

Can you please either comment on or check tomorrow about the stand-by system? Will they use wristbands, or reservation chits, or stand in line all day, or...

Oh, and something important about procedure: If they use a "Wait in line all day" system and a party wants to leave a 'designated line sitter' while others go off and eat, or {ahem} "visit the facilities", or ride a ride, or arrive later - What's the required ratio of line sitters to wanderers? One to one? Five to one?

People don't want to break the rules deliberately, so it really helps when we know what the rules are ahead of time.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    THANK YOU for a seemingly accurate and actually helpful post.
    I agree, pattimelt. And if you have an new information (it seems hard to come by), please let us know.

• DLR Cast Member

I will check when I go back to work on Friday, if that's ok?? This is my "weekend" and I'll be able to ask the "parade lead" for info then. I don't mind posting, and nothing I've posted is not available to anyone that calls me at work, so I don't feel that I could get into trouble for saying anything. But let me see what I can find out and I promise to let you all know what info I can..

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

I will check when I go back to work on Friday, if that's ok?? This is my "weekend" and I'll be able to ask the "parade lead" for info then. I don't mind posting, and nothing I've posted is not available to anyone that calls me at work, so I don't feel that I could get into trouble for saying anything. But let me see what I can find out and I promise to let you all know what info I can..
    You may be misunderstanding - we have no problems and realize it's all public information, etc. You're fine.

But there are people who get paid to deal with the press, and some have Severe Ego Issues - they get upset when their name isn't on the top of each press release, and their face announcing it on the evening newscast. I seem to recall that one Press Relations head Disneyland had about 10 years ago was... Well, let's just leave it at 'a real pistol to deal with'.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Annual Passholder website
    Your search for candlelight yielded 0 results.
    Modify your search
    Keywords:

Tips for better searches
    • 1. Try case sensitivity, e.g., Mickey Mouse, not mickey mouse.
    • 2. Use quotation marks to contain multi-word terms,e.g., "Haunted Mansion" attraction.
    • 3. If you are looking for an exact phrase (identical in phrasing, spelling, punctuation - everything but capitalization), enclose it in double quotes, e.g.,"365 TV-Free Activities"
    Now I see why everybody's staving for info...
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Posted today:

Give yourself a very special gift this holiday season! Enjoy a delicious meal and attend a classic Disneyland Resort holiday event! For over 45 years, the Disneyland Candlelight Ceremony & Procession has spread holiday cheer to everyone who believes in holiday magic. The festive event features a 600-member choir, the magnificent Disneyland Orchestra, and a guest celebrity narrator who tells the story of "The First Christmas."

Dates: December 1, 2007 and December 2, 2007
    Locations and Prices:
    • Hook's Pointe – $75
    • Napa Rose (Passholder exclusive!) – $125
    • Steakhouse 55 – $100
    • Storytellers Cafe – $75
    • The Vineyard Room – $100
    • Yamabuki – $100
    Check back here on November 19, 2007 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time for your chance to purchase tickets to this very special event!

Fairy Tale Fantasy
    The Call of Adventure
    Little Dreamers / Big Dreams
    Families with Kids
    Families with Teens
    1955 Experience

* Dining Packages do not include Theme Park admission; blockout days apply. Space is very limited; tickets are not guaranteed until payment is applied. Advance purchase is required; dining packages are non-refundable and non-transferable. Dining package tickets are only available online, e-mail notification will serve as your ticket to enter the event. Please exchange your e-mail notification to the restaurant for entrance into the dining experience and to receive your Candlelight Ceremony & Procession seating tickets. Candlelight Ceremony & Procession show tickets will be presented at the conclusion of your meal. All packages include tax and gratuity. Discounts do not apply. There is a limit of six tickets per person. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

You might find this link, originally posted by Darkbeer, helpful:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...URLCandlelight
    Rick

• In Mouse We trust

About how long does the ceremony last?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Ugh I wish I wish! LOL
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Wish they had menus so I had an idea what I would be spending my money on.. does this happen closer to the event?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatEscapist View Post
    About how long does the ceremony last?
    It probably takes the choir about 10 minutes or so to process from the castle down Mainstreet to the Trainstation, and then you're looking at about 35 - 40 minutes of music with narration. I'd say 45 to 50 minutes for the entire presentation.

A heads up, again, to any who don't have reserved seating. You can see the choir and narrator from only a hand ful of places around the perimeter of the entry area as the entire flag area will be roped off for reserved seating. As the CMs do their best to keep everyone moving, it is VERY difficult to find a place to stand and see. You can HEAR the performance from curbside on Mainstreet, but you won't see them as they will be behind the tree.

So....the tickets are on sale on Nov 19? I thought someone mentioned the 16th, but maybe that's when the holiday season officially begins. I just want to make sure I get my order in right away. Last year's ordering was a bit of a debacle as I recall.

• In Mouse We trust

Yes the Disneyland website on the AP site definitely says Nov. 19.

Thank you for the answer as to how long it goes.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast