Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• DL Nerd

What's your oldest Disneyland Souvenir

Topic pretty much says it all....

I really don't have any myself But I'm interested in what others may have.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Knight that says Nee!!

Re: What's your oldest Disneyland Souvenir

I have a menu from the Blue Bayou and one of the old Coupon (A-E) ticket rides from my first DL trip as a kid (1970). I also have an old DL flag (pennant) from one of my later childhood trips (1976 if I recall right).

• DisneyFan

I have the original "Decoder Card" for the Indiana Jones Adventure that I got when I was invited by a family friend to the Cast preview of the ride way back when it first opened.

I used to have a vinyl record of the music for Electrical Parade that I listened to all the time when I was a kid too.
    Last edited by RootBoy42; 10-19-2007 at 01:49 PM. Reason: to correct my terrible spelling

• Me and Tommy Kirk

My personal oldest souvie (and I still have it) is a small blue PVC Mickey Mouse. My parents bought him for me sometime in the early '70s. As I recall I thought he was going to be an eraser, but was disappointed when I found out (the hard way) that he wasn't.

The oldest Disneyland souvenier that I didn't personally receive but was in our family is a collection of 3 small painted souvenier plates with SB Castle, as well as the Matterhorn. My parents first visited Disneyland in 1958 and bought them at that time. You can find them on Ebay and at Disneyana shows, but mine are purely sentimental.

m y oldest thing that i own is a park map and Disneyland line from the 25th Anniversary, also a key that was given to cast members at the 1983 reopening of Fantasyland!.

The oldest thing I own from DL is the Haunted Mansion album that they had in 1969. The one with the record with Ron Howard. I absolutely LOVE the pictures...very scary to me.

The next oldest are my A - E tickets from the early 1970's.

Also from the early 1970's, I have a small hurricane lamp that my mom purchased for my Nana in Frontierland. It even still has the price tag on the bottom: $1.05. The price tag even has it all broken down: Price $1.00, Tax $.05, Total $1.05. Unfortunately, it's getting hard to read that price tag.
    Last edited by bloodnswash; 10-19-2007 at 01:59 PM.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

•   
    • So fetch

Donald Duck toy my dad bought me when I was 1. Wow, that toy is 25 years old.

• Resident Ghost

I have a Disneyland poster of before i was born from June of 1989.

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

I have my original autograph book from 1993, and I still get autographs in it. I think this December will be the last time it visits the park though, it is just about full and the binding is getting too loose for all the banging around in my pack. I alos have a blue satin mickey hat that I got that same trip. But my favorite is the autograph book.
    Christina

• "I Break Things"

Haven't dated it but it is a small piece of the petrified tree in Frontierland. I didn't break it off... but I have it.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Oh yeah, I have a hunk of bark from Fort Wilderness. I have no idea how old that is.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Some prop 'treasure' from the POTC Dead Man's Grotto 'Treasure Room' scene. Some coins, jewels, a candlestick, pearls, and a couple 'gold' bars. It's dated before the PC 1997 refurb. Who knows, it might be 'original' 1967.

• DL Nerd

speaking of Unusual souvenir's I did bring a water bottle full of PoTC Water home with me....

That water is CLEAN!
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Some prop 'treasure' from the POTC Dead Man's Grotto 'Treasure Room' scene. Some coins, jewels, a candlestick, pearls, and a couple 'gold' bars. It's dated before the PC 1997 refurb. Who knows, it might be 'original' 1967.
    That's great...what was your address again? And times that you wont be home? Just curious.

• Minion

I have a Frontierland puzzle from 1955. I bought it at a collectables store though, so I don't know if it counts.

My husband has a bobble head Pluto from the 70's that he got at DL when he was little.

Since I lived on the east coast when I was little my earliest trips were to WDW. I have two Tiki glasses that we got when we stayed at the Polynesian Hotel in 1972. I was only 4.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast