Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Former CM

Re: Lunching Pad / Radio Disney

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Well, remember that they have the Spirit of Refreshment, sponsored by Coca Cola, which features the "futuristic" technology of shooting the bottle of Coke into the CM's hands.
    It was so futureistic that it kept breaking down plus the CM had to manually load it just to launch you the drink that was just in their hand.

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Redd Rocket's is way too successful and one of the larger people-eating restaurants in the park. Few restaurants get people in and out much faster, and that says something. Even with a line out the door, it moves pretty quick. Hungry Bear and Club Buzz, while big, I find, are SLOW.
    I suppose that's pretty true

I'm still irked that this was an attraction that was litteraly turned into a resturant I think there are better ways to do things

heck wasn't Mission to the Moon one of the earliest attractions in Disneyland?

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

If they are no longer launching the sodas than having a rocket there looks kind of awkward...not to say I don't like the Moonliner!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyJCA
    Anyone else remember when they used to serve Twinkies there? I'm serious!

I DO, I DO!! My sister's first job at Disneyland was working at the Lunching Pad in 1981, so I was there a lot. Who remembers *Space Mist*, the future way of saying, fruit punch?

I would love to see that place re-open as it was before when the Lunching Pad was there. To me, it was like having a permanent ODV location, but was run better and out of the way!

• Layabout

Yes, they sold Twinkies, popcorn, ice cream bars, hot dogs, sodas and chips. At least, that's all I remember - I'm sure there were more items, but not much...

• Banned User

I personally think that they are going to use the radio disney booth to make a queue line for the new rockets and peoplemover. That is pretty much the only way to access the stairs to the platform now.

• Minion

Disneyfreak, that is the impression I have as far as what will happen to the radio booth, AS LONG as they do those two things (rockets and peoplemover), which we are all holding our breath over.

• Layabout

It's kind of a small area for a queue going in and coming out.

I wonder if it'd be less expensive building a "second-level" walkway from the Space Mountain promenade. There's all that extra space on the roof of HISTA. Do they still have the speedramp in the arcade going up the the second level? Maybe they can build a walkway so people access the Peoplemover and Rocket Jets that way. I remember seeing a drawing of something similar in the past - one of WDI's millions of ideas that get scrapped.

I think it might be cheaper than building a new entrance to PM, and another new elevator for the Jets.

• Former CM

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEars
    To me, it was like having a permanent ODV location, but was run better and out of the way!
    I do know that ODV is trying to get that place for them so they can get rid of some carts around there.

• Banned User

I was there.. looked.. no launching of sodas.. infact the cart was barely open... I would say open the old palce.. and get rid of the ODV carts.. maybe move it into empty space somewhere upstairs...... just not ruin the view...

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I think this area could be used as a covered queue for the Astro Orbitor if/when it is relocated to its old location.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12