Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• A Pirate's life for me!

Paradise Pier Hotel

We decided to stay at the PPH during our trip to the Resort two weeks ago. We haven't stayed there in a few years, but since they offered an AP rate of $129/night, we passed up on our usual stay in the Sierra Tower. That was a good move...

Upon check-in, the CM asked if we were there to enjoy a special occassion. When I told her that we were there for the Halloween Treat and for my two daughter's birthday's, she said that she had a surprise for us.

She upgraded us to the Concierge level! A room on the 14th floor. She also gave us two balloons and two High School Musical posters for the girls.

Awesome!

We have never stayed in the Concierge Level at the PPH before. What a treat! The Beach Comber Club is on the 2nd floor, and is the lounge for the Concierge guests. They offer breakfast, daytime and early evening snacks. Good stuff too! It is self serve, buffet style. Breakfasts included hot chocolate, pastries, fruit and veggies, cereal, OJ, and bagels. The daytime snacks included cookies, chips, pretzels, sodas, etc.. The early evening selection included mini-cheeseburgers, chips, veggie trays with dip, desserts, etc...

There was also a TV with Disney movies running, a computer desk with free high speed access and even a printer. A CM was there to assist you with any needs, including making priority seating arrangements for meals.

I don't think that we can stay there again unless it is on the Concierge Level! (hey, maybe Disney knows that just might happen...Mmmmm. hehe)

We enjoyed breakfast with Lilo and Stitch one morning. Very yummy! A great selection and omeletes to order. Lilo gave hula lessons, and Stitch wandered around keeping the kids happy. Minnie made an appearance and did a dance for all of us to enjoy. Great time!

The pool was terrific. The waterslide is a nice idea too. We also meandered over to the Neverland Pool one evening to enjoy some chicken nachos from Crocs while the kids swam there. Nice break!

We enjoyed the Halloween Treat at DCA friday evening. I'll post those pics in another thread.

One last thing. To all of the whiners that complain that PPH is too far of a walk to the Park, it is no big deal. Since we have stayed there numerous times before, I knew that it wasn't bad, but I still hear people complain. Or some that wonder how far of a walk it is.

I decided to time our walk to the Monorail entrance one morning. Walking from the rear lobby doors of the PPH to the Monorail entrance took us 4 minutes and 10 seconds. That's all! And that was taking our time with four kids (who BTW, walked faster than us), and my wife has had major foot surgery in the recent past, so we weren't "power walking"...

Compared to the walking that you will have to do all day long in the Park, walking an additional 4 minutes and 10 seconds to get into the Park is pretty much nothing. But to each his own...

We also walked to the Halloween Treat friday evening. I didn't time it, since we window shopped on the way, but it certainly was no big deal.

Enjoy the pics!
    Last edited by PirateMickey; 12-12-2007 at 10:35 PM.

Re: Paradise Pier Hotel

Here are a few more pics.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by PirateMickey; 12-12-2007 at 10:36 PM.

• In Mouse We trust

Very cool! Thank you!

Thanks for the report!

Did they indicate that going to the DLH pool was OK? When I was first planning for our (finished) trip, I saw on disneyland.com that it was OK between PP and DLH, but later I couldn't find that info, and people were saying that it wasn't allowed.

So it was 4 minutes to the monorail? That makes sense. Alas, it's that walk from the always-but-once-on-our-trip closed monorail to the esplanade that makes up the bulk of the walk! I must be one of those whiners (though on other sites), b/c man oh man I hated that walk! Once we left PP and went to HoJos, we could tell that it was shorter (and more straight forward AND without the eye candy for a 3 year old, LOL) than the whole walk to PP.

So lucky you were upgraded to concierge! And here I was feeling lucky that we were upgraded to a simple park view room from whatever low-end room we were supposed to have! They sure do know how to be nice for celebrations, though, we got a huge thing of balloons for our anniversary, and they threw in a couple for our son, too. Nice folks!

• Old Timer

I prefer staying at PP. The rooms are larger and the prices better. As those who know me are aware, I have a bad knee and I have never found the walk to be overwhelming. The one time I had a problem it was because I had purchased a folio-sized print from the late lamented Disney Gallery. And that time one of the nice young men in an electric car saw me and gave me a lift.
    Also Yamabuki is one of my favorite places to dine. They have the best crunchy rolls I've ever had.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Congratulations on your upgrade PirateMickey, what a treat! Beautiful view from your room too, thanks for the pictures. Hope the rest of your trip is just as enjoyable and Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Quote Originally Posted by hobbitfeet View Post
    Did they indicate that going to the DLH pool was OK? When I was first planning for our (finished) trip, I saw on disneyland.com that it was OK between PP and DLH, but later I couldn't find that info, and people were saying that it wasn't allowed.

They sure do know how to be nice for celebrations, though, we got a huge thing of balloons for our anniversary, and they threw in a couple for our son, too. Nice folks!

The balloons were a nice touch! And for your son, too! Cool!

Yeah, they (sometimes) even tell you upon check-in that you have the use of both pools if you would like to. The clincher is that the PPH room key works on the Neverland pool entry gates.

When we used to stay at the PPH on a regular basis, we would occassionally walk over to the GCH and use their pool. No one told us not to. But the pool there is small and usually crowded, so the novelty of being at their pool wore off quick.

We didn't even try going over there this past trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    Congratulations on your upgrade PirateMickey, what a treat! Beautiful view from your room too, thanks for the pictures. Hope the rest of your trip is just as enjoyable and Happy Birthday to your daughter!

Thanks! It was a pleasant surprise! And VERY MUCH appreciated.

I am an early riser, so I started out each morning by putting the chair next to the window and watching the sun rise. What a sight!

It was neat watching all of the workers buzzing around, the delivery trucks, and the CM's walking to work. I even witnessed a crash! A Prius got t-boned in the intersection in front of the Hotel. I heard the tires skidding and then the impact. Thankfully, no one appeared to be hurt. You never know what you might see when you stop to smell the roses...

I also had the pleasure of being able to enjoy sitting there each night after the kids went to bed to take in all of the glittering lights from DCA.

You couldn't ask for much more than that! VERY relaxing!

• Senior Minion

I'm so happy for you P.M! How special for you and your family!

We have never stayed at PPH, but I have met other MC folks there and have to agree, the walk isn't all that bad at all.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

How does one find out about AP rates? I've always wanted to stay at a Disney hotel but have never been able to justify spending $250+ per night to stay there. My birthday is next month and I'd really like to stay the night before.

• Rather Be At Disneyland

For the AP rates, is that for Premium AP holders only or for lower APs as well?

Any AP will get you the Hotel's AP rate.

They will have specials throughout the year that they will promote through the AP newsletter or the AP section of their website.

Or you can just call the Hotel and ask what the current AP special rates are.

I believe that they have a standard discount rate that is good all year long (10% I think), but that is just based off of the "rack rate", which is the high rate that you spoke of. As often as we stay at the Resort, we've never had to pay that high rate.

Of course, as they will tell you, AP rates are subject to availability. It's a good idea to make plans as soon as they announce the special rates.

Enjoy!

Sounds like you had a nice dream come true. Congrats!!!
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

Sounds like I need to try staying at Paradise Pier.

I've been told that when the Electrical Parade is running, that if your room is on that side, you can watch the Parade from the room. I was also told (not having ever stayed before)....that they pipe in the music.

I can only imagine what it will be when World of Color starts....I'm sure you'll be able to see that from the room.

Lilo and Stitch is an excellent breakfast, better than Plaza Inn's Breakfast in the Park, and better than Storytellers, I thought. Although it's been about 3 years since I've had Storytellers breakfast---so maybe that's an unfair comparison.

I can't wait to go back to Lilo and Stitch, though. It'll be my very first meal when I arrive at the Resort this December !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast