• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

DL's 1st 50th Event is WHERE?

Couldn't believe it when Disney announced that DL's 50th would be celebrated by all the Disney Parks.

Now here's proof from DisneyAuctions.com, that the 1st Official Event for DL's 50 will NOT even be at Disneyland in Anaheim, you remember, the Place where the magic began? Instead All the festivities will begin in WDW!

Information Directly from Walt Disney Auctions:

http://cgi.go.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=6510658271

I can hardly believe it myself!

It's Official folks!

Disneylands VERY 1st and OFFICIAL BEGINNING OF DISNEYLAND'S 50th Birthday Begins NOT in Anaheim, But at WDW in Florida!

WHAT is Disney Thinking?!?!?!?!?!?!?

In Disney's Own Words:

"May 2-6, 2005, the Happiest Celebration On Earth kick-off event at Walt Disney World"

HOW THE H E double hockey sticks does Disney think we can support this Celebration beginning in FLORIDA?

• Banned User

when it should begin in tokyo/hong kong then france, then WDW, then end where it the parks started.. DL.... (time znes...)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    when it should begin in tokyo/hong kong then france, then WDW, then end where it the parks started.. DL.... (time znes...)
    I agree it should be a time zone thing, like the countdown at New Years. But Eisner and Co. Want to Destroy Disneyland because DISNEYLAND is Walt's. Walt wasn't alive when WDW was opened to the public. Only Disneyland was. Eisner is sooooo ANTI-Disney that it isn't even funny. I believe Eisner is jealous of Walt, because when we think Disney, we think Walt, not Eisner. Maybe because after all DISNEY is the name.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Still lost in Neverland

It will also kick off here on May 5th as well. In fact, Disneyland will be closed on May 4th to get ready for the event on May 5th. I think this is just something to auction to somebody who has more money than they know what to do with anyway. My only worry is that on May 5th they will have the "Big" celebration and then come July 17th, there will be a few ballons, pins and maybe a special event at the Hub, which only the press will be able to see anyway, and that will be it.

The big celebration should happen on July 17th and it should be big, exiting, and accessible for all to see, not just the "Press Elite". I mean look at these press events in the past. They have all this press coverage that takes hours to do, and then on the 6 o'clock news, you get 10 seconds of footage and some anchor idiot (who has never been to Disneyland and knows nothing) makes some weak comment/joke and that's it. Why do they bother.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Is it really surprisng to anyone that Disney would want to capatilize on DL's B-day by making it a Worldwide celebration? As with any company, it's all about the revenues.

How quaint it would be to have a celebration, totally, dedicated to DL. Nothing happening at any of the other parks, only DL. But, that would not be a smart business move, now would it?

I agree that more focus should be on DL during this celebration, but they gotta go where the money is.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

There were plenty of chances Eisner had a making a Worldwide celebration, from, the Disney Co 75th Anniversary, to the Millenium, to Walt's 100th, which could have included advertising the opening of 3 Disney Parks Worldwide. ALL of those Celebrations would have made much more sense for a Celebration all around. BUT the main focus of those celebrations were all at WDW in Florida.

Now it comes time for DL to celebrate it's 50th, a celebration that should without any reasonable doubt should be at the park in Anaheim, yet EISNER decides that NO, the Beginning of this Celebration should be in WDW Before the much Touted 05-05-05 date, even mentioning that MORE things are being added at WDW than that "other" park.

In the words of a cute little Hawaiian Sally Brown type character

"THAT's AN ABOMINATION!"

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin

In the words of a cute little Hawaiian Sally Brown type character

"THAT's AN ABOMINATION!"
    Sally Brown with a little bit of Lucy Van Pelt.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Vehicle rotating backward

I've said it before, I've said it again: They're going to spend big money on this whole shebang, so they want to market all the parks they can. In the end, it's all just marketing. They want to advertise that they have something new at WDW, and a new Space Mountain at DLP, and new stuff at Tokyo, so they roll it all up into their biggest most expensive marketing campaign so that they don't have to throw out even more sheckels so that something more insignificant like Soarin' Epcot can get it's own ads.

I don't want to name anyone personally and upset anyone through accusations, but I've been smelling a lot of latent jealousy about the other parks coming through in these "Wah, why won't anyone remember it's about Disneyland?" threads. Maybe it's because they get all the cool toys or something.

• When Will It Return?

What...this surprises you?

-- Peoplemover "Another kick in the pants for DLR Anaheim, I'm getting used to it by now" Matt

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    My only worry is that on May 5th they will have the "Big" celebration and then come July 17th, there will be a few ballons, pins and maybe a special event at the Hub, which only the press will be able to see anyway, and that will be it.
    I don't want to add to your worries but... it's looking like that is pretty close to what is going to happen. Check out these links if you want to find out exactly what is going to happen on the 5th:

Jay Rasulo's Audio Anniversary Presentation

Jay Rasulo Anniversary Slideshow