Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ...TWO BITS!

Disney Villains Spook House

This is a ride idea. Now what if Disney totally redid MM with this indoor MACK-style wild mouse coaster? It's got a dark ride portion, stops, vertical lift, and rolls backwards. But of course with a different... let's say instead of putting the Disney Villains in CA Screamin' they go in this high tech mouse coaster and perhaps call it "Disney Villains Spook House"... inspired by the Spook House darkrides of the amusement park pier rides...

Here's "Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>

Here's the current "Mulholland Madness":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>

I think there was a never built concept called "Bald Mountain" which was to have Disney Villains attacking riders. The story could be riders stumbles into a Disney Villains headquarters and must get out before they are discovered (hence dark ride portion). Riders enter a vertical lift thinking they are near freedom. But at the top of the lift you confront the villains who push you backwards. Then they spin you around trying to confuse you. Riders go through a maze (zig zag portion) and confront a main Disney villain at each corner and must make a sharp turn to avoid them. Riders set off a booby trap that sends them into more chaos (coaster hills, etc) and experiencing close encounters. OR the coaster hills portion is completely pitch black with ghostly spirits floating and screaming by you. Finally you find an exit and try to get out before the villains find you... something to that extent.

The facade would look like a rundown Victorian pier structure version compared to the nice, clean themeing that will be represent on TSMM & TLM. May also have bits of rockwork & briar patch parts. I was thinking the vehicles could be themed to look like The Horn King from "The Black Cauldron". He's a Disney Villain but probably not well-known enough to be featured in the attraction. This would be a nice subtle nod to a great looking villain.

Individual villain show elements in the maze/zig-zag portion (not in any special order but effects may interchange so a different character is present & makes the ride more repeatable)

1) Capt. Hook/Ratcliffe shooting a cannon at you (smoke ring effect)
    2) Hades/Frollo setting the walls ablaze (flaux fire effect)
    3) Cruella/Medusa about to smash her car into you (blinding headlights & sound effects)
    4) Kaa/Jafar transforms to a snake & in the dark he spits water venom at riders
    5) Enter Maleificent dragon's mouth into green smoke & glowing yellow eyes
    6) orge and other minions shoot arrows
    6.5) OR Big Bad Wolf blows air at you and/or from behind you (blasts of air)
    7) Chernabog is at the end of the maze to send riders into a whirlwind of evil spirits (coaster section in darkness with spirits projected moving around)
    8) Perhaps Ursula has tentacles descending upon you (although she would also be represented in TLM ride...
    9) Maybe Queen of Hearts hurtles a ball at riders/Headless Horseman hurtles pumpkin.

Maybe instead of a vertical lift in a creeky cage, Maleificent finds you and sends you up in her yellow/green flame like in the movie when see transforms into a dragon.

OH, one of the best parts is we can have an excuse for a Disney Villains store!! So long Sunglass Shack!!

EDIT:
    Some more villain appearances:

1) Magic Mirror could be your host. Kind of like how he was the narrator in the Fantasyland Snow White show. He'll mostly pop in the beginning and end of the ride.

2) A room could be themed to rocks... and either Shere Khan or Scar pops up from the end of the room to pounce on you. They interchange to make this room different.

3) Witched Witch/Old Hag can pop-up however like in Snow White's Scary Adventure... I mean come one, she's scary looking and still freaks me out in that Fantasyland ride!!

4) Another interchangable room switches between Gaston and Clayton holding a hunting gun.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 10-21-2007 at 12:39 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Re: Disney Villains Spook House

That is a super awesome idea. Disney should be kicking themselves for not thinking of it.
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

• Rather Be At Disneyland

I really wish Disney would make a Villians Dark ride, it would be so awesome. The Villians are so unappreciated in the parks. I think it's a great idea, I just wish Disney would do something like that!

• Digging to Earth's center

This is one rare idea I actually agree with, even if it didn't fit the land's theme it's in! That's how mandatory this ride should be!! Thanks for suggesting this idea. Also, if I could contribute ideas, this is what I'd do...

The exterior would look like a worn-down Victorian structure (like you've mentioned), but more with a Phantom Manor look, rather than amusement park game look. You didn't mention the queue, but looking at your ideas, wouldn't it be cool to enter through the villain's lair with the Magic Mirror as your host (like in TDL's Mystery Castle Tour).

The Magic Mirror explains that villains reside in this "castle", their headquarters, and that they've been awaiting for your arrival. Just then, the doors open, and mist and fog pours in... then you must enter through this spooky queue that has torches as the only light source, and cobblestone floors and walls. We see some dungeons holding minor characters/villain sidekicks, and here they start laughing and betting (interactive technology) who among the crowd is or isn't going to make it out.

Your vehicle arrives, and you board, and the ride starts. It'd be cool if we could start the first scene with all the villains in their normal homes, plotting how to get back at the protagonists of their certain movies. Then we come to Sleeping Beauty's castle, where Maleficent is, and angered at your presence, she transforms into a dragon (audio animatronic human, but after green smoke and effects, a dragon's head comes through the fog)... and then your ride ideas come in.

Not only could you escape in the end, you could also include the ending show scene where you defeat the main villain (whoever is the most evil)... and you escape, yay!!

Wonderful idea!
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

• Around the World Cruisin'

That is a really great idea! Great thinkin'
    Rule #42: The Queen Always Wins.

• Dreams Do Come True!

Talking Re: Disney Villains Spook House

Wow thats an awesome idea!!
    I would love to see that come true some day!
    IMO it would be a success

• ...TWO BITS!

New names: Villains' Hideout, Villains' Hideaway, Villains' Lair

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

The scary part would be the exit--a villains gift shop.

But I would like to see this. I think it's cool idea!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Kenny the Pirate

Your fist video is missing.
    Kenny the Pirate
    AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
    Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
    Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
    Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

• Fancy that...

Wow, that is amazing! kudos man! you did what I couldn't do. I just love how this would diminish any possibility of getting that lame villians Screamin' retheme I think the concept should be just that it's a worn down victorian style fun house. Mabye I could draw you a picture for the outside of the ride? And I could use that in my Paradise Pier re-do thread(with your permission of corse) and of corse I'll give you all the credit for the ride concept/idea. would you mind?

• Disneyland TechnoWeinie

This is a really great idea for a ride, and I really liked the idea of Magic Mirror as a host. But it sounds like the "ride" version of Fantasmic! + Haunted Mansion, blended together. Not that that's a bad thing...

I think at one point (and mentioned in this thread) that the concept of the vehicle falling "backwards" was once considered for "Bald Mountain". The only problem with this is the vehicle has to be designed to protect the rider's necks in case of a sudden reverse stop. These days the Insurance Co. + Lawyers are as much involved in the design as anyone else.

Neat idea though, I like the thought processes.

That would Be an instant classic.
    it would make DCA a better place.

• A Weather Eye Open

i think MM would be much better suited to a villains ride than Screaming, and it could be completely covered! Great idea...
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    Wow, that is amazing! kudos man! you did what I couldn't do. I just love how this would diminish any possibility of getting that lame villians Screamin' retheme I think the concept should be just that it's a worn down victorian style fun house. Mabye I could draw you a picture for the outside of the ride? And I could use that in my Paradise Pier re-do thread(with your permission of corse) and of corse I'll give you all the credit for the ride concept/idea. would you mind?
    Go for it

-Jurassic Park

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    Go for it
    cool! Thanks alot.. I already started it a while ago actualy, but i'll be done soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast