This is a ride idea. Now what if Disney totally redid MM with this indoor MACK-style wild mouse coaster? It's got a dark ride portion, stops, vertical lift, and rolls backwards. But of course with a different... let's say instead of putting the Disney Villains in CA Screamin' they go in this high tech mouse coaster and perhaps call it "Disney Villains Spook House"... inspired by the Spook House darkrides of the amusement park pier rides...
Here's "Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>
Here's the current "Mulholland Madness":
I think there was a never built concept called "Bald Mountain" which was to have Disney Villains attacking riders. The story could be riders stumbles into a Disney Villains headquarters and must get out before they are discovered (hence dark ride portion). Riders enter a vertical lift thinking they are near freedom. But at the top of the lift you confront the villains who push you backwards. Then they spin you around trying to confuse you. Riders go through a maze (zig zag portion) and confront a main Disney villain at each corner and must make a sharp turn to avoid them. Riders set off a booby trap that sends them into more chaos (coaster hills, etc) and experiencing close encounters. OR the coaster hills portion is completely pitch black with ghostly spirits floating and screaming by you. Finally you find an exit and try to get out before the villains find you... something to that extent.
The facade would look like a rundown Victorian pier structure version compared to the nice, clean themeing that will be represent on TSMM & TLM. May also have bits of rockwork & briar patch parts. I was thinking the vehicles could be themed to look like The Horn King from "The Black Cauldron". He's a Disney Villain but probably not well-known enough to be featured in the attraction. This would be a nice subtle nod to a great looking villain.
Individual villain show elements in the maze/zig-zag portion (not in any special order but effects may interchange so a different character is present & makes the ride more repeatable)
1) Capt. Hook/Ratcliffe shooting a cannon at you (smoke ring effect)
2) Hades/Frollo setting the walls ablaze (flaux fire effect)
3) Cruella/Medusa about to smash her car into you (blinding headlights & sound effects)
4) Kaa/Jafar transforms to a snake & in the dark he spits water venom at riders
5) Enter Maleificent dragon's mouth into green smoke & glowing yellow eyes
6) orge and other minions shoot arrows
6.5) OR Big Bad Wolf blows air at you and/or from behind you (blasts of air)
7) Chernabog is at the end of the maze to send riders into a whirlwind of evil spirits (coaster section in darkness with spirits projected moving around)
8) Perhaps Ursula has tentacles descending upon you (although she would also be represented in TLM ride...
9) Maybe Queen of Hearts hurtles a ball at riders/Headless Horseman hurtles pumpkin.
Maybe instead of a vertical lift in a creeky cage, Maleificent finds you and sends you up in her yellow/green flame like in the movie when see transforms into a dragon.
OH, one of the best parts is we can have an excuse for a Disney Villains store!! So long Sunglass Shack!!
Some more villain appearances:
1) Magic Mirror could be your host. Kind of like how he was the narrator in the Fantasyland Snow White show. He'll mostly pop in the beginning and end of the ride.
2) A room could be themed to rocks... and either Shere Khan or Scar pops up from the end of the room to pounce on you. They interchange to make this room different.
3) Witched Witch/Old Hag can pop-up however like in Snow White's Scary Adventure... I mean come one, she's scary looking and still freaks me out in that Fantasyland ride!!
4) Another interchangable room switches between Gaston and Clayton holding a hunting gun.