• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

July 17th fireworks

I was just wondering if the fireworks on the 17th included anything different than the normal Remember... show? We asked a castmember at the info board around 6:45 I guess and she was very vague with her response and said that you never know what they may decide to do. I decided to not stick around for the show, as awesome as it would have been. I was hoping someone who stayed for the show could enlighten us.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: July 17th fireworks

yes, that would be interesting to know! Maybe they projected walt on the matehorn

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Disneyland Historian

They were exactly the same as the regular show, only with an added narration at the very end.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

and the narration was?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• I was deleted.

The same? Wow.. so the rumors of a 50min show were just that.. rumors. Unless by 50 min you mean dealing with crowds.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    and the narration was?
    Basically, it said thanks for attending on the 50th birthday. I was a little disappointed.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

It was right after they ended and before the Remember When song... it was something along the lines of "Thank you for helping us celebrate this Magical Milestone" etc. I tought they were at least showing something on the Jumbotrons... Oh well.... They were still pretty cool... I saw them for the first time on the 16th, AND LOVED THEM!!! I WAS ALMOST CRYING WHEN I SAW TNKER BELL!!!! They were so cool

• Official MC Thread Killer

There was nothing different about the fireworks show last night (except for the little "thank you... blah blah.. we hope Disneyland and this day holds a special memory in you heart *insert Remember When*". It was still fun though... the crowd seemed really into it last night (well duh )
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Rainicorn.

It was the first time my friends and I had seen the show.

It was amazing from my vantage point. Everyone on Main Street recited the Haunted Mansion part!

So. There.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Social Imagineer

I thought the thank-you tag at the end was a needless stab in the heart. Everyone of the thousand people at the front of the Hub who had waited hours to see the show, and were the first crowd in months to have the good manners to ALL sit down during it (obviously die-hard Disneyland fans) were expecting some sort of special freaking fiftieth birthday encore when the announcement started.

To be told 'thanks for coming, nothing to see here' was a merciless tease. Better to have said nothing at all.

But yeah, um, thanks for the jumbotrons and cupcakes and ears and maps. Great way to celebrate the biggest Disneyland milestone ever. Just terrific.

• Minion

Wow...that is kind of depressing... I guess they thought the free mickey ears and cupcakes were special enough...How sad though

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    I thought the thank-you tag at the end was a needless stab in the heart. Everyone of the thousand people at the front of the Hub who had waited hours to see the show, and were the first crowd in months to have the good manners to ALL sit down during it (obviously die-hard Disneyland fans) were expecting some sort of special freaking fiftieth birthday encore when the announcement started.

To be told 'thanks for coming, nothing to see here' was a merciless tease. Better to have said nothing at all.

But yeah, um, thanks for the jumbotrons and cupcakes and ears and maps. Great way to celebrate the biggest Disneyland milestone ever. Just terrific.
    That really is too bad that they didn't feel it was a special enough occasion to add anything onto the Remember... show. The area after the Tomorrowland section before Tink appears for the second time, would have been perfect to add something, since Julie Andrews says "50 years later" right then.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888