Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Again! Again! Again!

Thumbs up CHOC Walk Recap (Photo Heavy)

I'm gonna give you the end result first....the walk this year was a huge success!!! I believe they said this was their biggest turnout with over 16,000 walkers. And they raised over $1.5 million!

Ok, on with the recap!
    Started out REALLY early...O-dark hundred hours. I met up with Judimouse and TikiroomLiz around 530 and we all went through security to our meeting place. It was early and we were punchy...but in a fun way. Judi had put together bags for those that earned shirts and/or pins and I was in charge of passing out the wristbands.
    Our Captain

Liz, blinded by the flash.

JulieMouse raised the most money for our team and Judi had a gift card for her

People began to show up and the lines to get in the park were starting to get long. A few of the our walkers went to get in line while we waited for some late comer...it was early! No worries.

Finally got in line around 615

About 630 they opened the gates and began letting people in. They had us lined up down Main St. and big groups were roped off as to stagger the people as we started.

Pumpkin Jack Mickey

We were in the second group of people to be "released" but still quite close to the CHOC float.

Judi used the fabulous logo that Fishbulb made for the walk to make fans/signs. We had extra and passed out quite a few...one to a "big wig".

The crowds were getting larger and we were thankful we got there early!!

The opening ceremonies began.

SusieP and I waiting to walk

Team MiceChat...also ready to go! (MollyTrolly, Capt Phoebus, StitchTT6, and DisneyIPresume)

Shameless MC plug

Judimouse on the phone with, I believe, Clara trying to find where we were standing.

These 2 fabulous kids were the Marshalls of the walk. They are both cancer survivors and are cancer free. They were so cute.

Ed Grier made his speech and introduced one of the organizers for CHOC Walk

While the watchful eyes of Cast Members loomed above.

And then the walk was on!!

The first wave of walkers was on their way.

More to come....
    Last edited by Grumpy4; 10-21-2007 at 02:46 PM.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• love my friends

Re: CHOC Walk Recap (Photo Heavy)

Love it so far

Friends for life

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Great photos G4!! And WAY TO GO to our Mice Chat walkers!!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Interesting............... looks like fun!!! BRING ON THE PHOTOS!!!

Go! MiceChat! GO!

• =)

Woo hoo! Congrats on a great walk! Can't wait to see more photos. Especially backstage ones!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Awesome!

And good job MC walkers!

• Again! Again! Again!

As our group was waiting to be "released" Ed Grier came over to talk with a few of the VoluntEARS and a few of us as well. What a really nice guy!! Judi handed him a MiceChat sign. and you can see in the second picture that he has it in his hand. Also in the second picture you can see a guy dressed as a Stormtrooper...that's HauntedMansionMike. He's a MC'er. So many people took pictures of him and he held 2 MC fans in all of them!! Hey, free publicity! Gotta love it!

And then we were OFF!! Around the hub and into Adventureland

Jasmine and Aladdin were waving to the walkers above Jungle Cruise.

Capt. Jack Sparrow awaited us in front of POTC...which was fitting.

While these guys played us a tune!

The walk continued into Frontierland and up Big Thunder Trail

And straight into Fantasyland!!
    Dumbo was up and running...no riders, just flying elephants!

As we walked around the carousel, we noticed the princesses were riding. And I would just like to say that I thought all the characters along the walk route was VERY fun and kinda cool! They interacted with the walkers and took pictures with people. And the Cast Members along the route were also really nice and interacted with us all as well. A big shout out to the CM's today!!

Soo...yeah...the princesses

Exiting Fantasyland, the Alice float from the parade was out as was the Mad Hatter and Alice.

Awwww....Small World.

More to come....
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I love that picture of SusieP with the Mad Hatter! That's so awesome that all the character were out in full force!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

Blog Entries

That's nice haveing the characters out and about cheering on the walkers.

• Again! Again! Again!

Moving on...er...walking on.
    Took the back route past Matterhorn and Nemo. They had a few subs out running...in fact, there were a lot of attractions going with no one on them...it was weird. And I'm gonna brag about my sub picture cuz I thought it came out cool with the sun rising.

Cruising through Tomorrowland, Stitch was out waving to the walkers from Innoventions

Passing Space Mountain, Ed Grier had joined a couple CM's to wave to the walkers, but I missed that shot...but I got Space!

The walk took us back out to Main St where you can see walkers are just getting started!! And Pluto and Donald were waving on the newly started groups!

But how do we get out?? Why...backstage of course!!

I LOVED this picture on the wall!

And the fire department was out and present waving and handing out Fireman Mickey stickers

Backside of Space!!

Exiting out into Town Square by the Opera House, walkers were STILL coming in to start walking! I told you there was a lot of people! And by this time, it had been about a half hour of walking.

Off to DCA!!!

More to come....
    I bring the magic!!!

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    I love that picture of SusieP with the Mad Hatter! That's so awesome that all the character were out in full force!
    Me too!! I kept trying to get her take pics with more characters but she wasn't having any. Just kidding, at some points there were too many people around to stop and wait.
    I bring the magic!!!

What fun! I had no idea the walk was in the park. What a wonderful thing for all those who went to do.

• Banned User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4 View Post
    ...in fact, there were a lot of attractions going with no one on them...it was weird.
    They only do that for show, they keep the rides running, otherwise, it would be boring to look at.

But how do we get out?? Why...backstage of course!!
    Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.......... I SEE THE INN BETWEEN!!!

I LOVED this picture on the wall!
    I haven't seen that before, must be put in recently!

Backside of Space!!
    I haven't seen that in a long time!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Me too!! I kept trying to get her take pics with more characters but she wasn't having any. Just kidding, at some points there were too many people around to stop and wait.
    I so wasn't ready for that picture!

Seriously, it was pretty crowded and we kept getting lost from the group as it was, so we just pushed through for the most part.
    A signature should go here.

• =)

Sweet shots! Thank you especially for the shots of the backstage area around Space Mountain. Those'll be most helpful for me. If you've got any more from that area...well, don't hesitate to post 'em.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast