Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DCA Logo

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Re: DCA Logo

Hey-what about 'Disney's Worlds of Adventure'?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    Hey-what about 'Disney's Worlds of Adventure'?
    Too simlar to "Universal's Islands of Adventure"

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

I actually DID see a similarity between the logo and the Orange Crate labels that Prag shared. I like the Disney's California Adventure name, it makes sense. It will make even more sense with the new entry and new Los Angeles street.

• Banned User

Walt Disney's California Adventure kind of makes sense too...because well...CA was an adventure for him !

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    I actually DID see a similarity between the logo and the Orange Crate labels that Prag shared. I like the Disney's California Adventure name, it makes sense. It will make even more sense with the new entry and new Los Angeles street.
    I can see a similarity between the typefaces that the brand names are presented in and the typeface that "California" is presented in... I can also see how "Adventure" is reduced much like the word "Brand" is on many of the fruit labels..

I think modeling the DCA logo after vintage fruitlabels is a brilliant idea. However, I think that DCA's original logo was too modern in its approach. However, the gradient, the extra colors, and lack of simplicity makes it seem much less like a fruitlabel brand logo to me.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Dave

Blog Entries

Cool Re: DCA Logo

I like the current Logo, but I also like the one with the theater. As far as name change it could go either way. In the end if they don't change the parks image from the inside and how people feel about it, then it won't matter what they call it.
    I think a perfect example of this is K-mart. Before any one gets all pissed off at me comparing a Disney product to K-mart; let me explain. During the 1990's k-mwart was not doing so well, and so they changed the name to "Big K". The problem was with the exception of a few minor changes it was the same old store just rerapped, and before long K-mart's old image as a crappy store returned. If Disney doesn't do it right DCA will just be another K-mart no matter what they change the name to!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Why would you say that? The entrance is being completely redesigned to depict the California to which Walt Disney migrated in 1923.
    I understand that is what they are saying/planning. I guess my question/concern is that by the time everything is said and done in the next 5 years how much of "California" will truly remain vs how much of the park is going to be Pixar/Character/Non-California themed.

• Boat shoes all day long

So far the one with the bear is the best.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• Count

I like the one that got made with the circle theater. Disneyland and Disneyworld are gone, so ...

Disneytown?
    Disneywood?
    Disneyfiefdom?
    Disneyparks?

I don't know. I like Disney Adventure or Walt Disney Adventure, because it's generic enough for Cars, PP, Pixar and Hollywood. Although Disneywood kinda rolls of the tongue, say it with me, Disneywood ...
    Meh, I don't know. That's why the have marketing consultants (and one thing Disney CAN do well is market).
    "It was worth it if you learned something."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123