Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DCA Logo

DCA Logo

This isn't a big deal or anything, but do you think the DCA logo will change after the construction is done?
    Will Grizzly Peak still be the Landmark of the park?

Current Logo:
    http://www.ineedavacation.com/disney..._logo_bear.jpg

or will they just make it plain:
    http://rotocat.tripod.com/park_logos/logo_dca.gif

or to go with the newer DCA:

^btw, i made that. haha.

I'd just like to hear what you guys think will happen.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 10-22-2007 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Hotlinked pictures Removed. Hotlinking is not allowed.

• Man of Logic and Reason

Re: DCA Logo

A lot of that will probably depend on what the new name of the park is if they change it.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I'm sure there will be some rebranding of the park so a new logo isn't out of the question. BTW, good job on the logo.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Don't forget this lovely thing:
    http://www.insaneplayhouse.com/Disney/DCA_Logo.jpg
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 10-22-2007 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Hotlinked Picture Removed

Even though I intensely disliked "Disney's California Adventure" as a name, I was impressed by the imaginative and colorful logogram that was created for the park.

So much will depend on whether or not Disney adopts a new word mark to identify the park. Bob Weiss has already started dropping "Adventure" from the name.

Why don't they just call it Disney's Adventure. They seem to be straying away from the California theme a little bit anyway. They could also call it Disney's Pixar Adventure, or Disney's Adventure Park.

• Banned User

Disney's Adventure and Walt Disney's Adventure park sound too generic. Having California in the name at least adds some semibalance of a theme. Although there thinking about it I don't think they will change the name..whats done is done all they can do now is improve the park by having attractions people will actually visit the park to go on.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chadb14 View Post
    Why don't they just call it Disney's Adventure. They seem to be straying away from the California theme a little bit anyway. They could also call it Disney's Pixar Adventure, or Disney's Adventure Park.
    There might be some confusion.

I vote for Disneys Adventure Park

Disneyland 2: Electric Boogaloo

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by gOLDEN bLUE View Post
    This isn't a big deal or anything, but do you think the DCA logo will change after the construction is done?
    Will Grizzly Peak still be the Landmark of the park?

Current Logo:
    http://www.ineedavacation.com/disney..._logo_bear.jpg

or will they just make it plain:
    http://rotocat.tripod.com/park_logos/logo_dca.gif

or to go with the newer DCA:

^btw, i made that. haha.

I'd just like to hear what you guys think will happen.
    Actually, the current logo is the one that lazyboy97O posted:
    http://www.insaneplayhouse.com/Disney/DCA_Logo.jpg

As for logos for the park, it's a big, unwieldy name so making an effective logo is going to be difficult.

I've never shared PragmaticIdealist's appreciation for the original logo - I thought it was too busy, unfriendly to easy resizing, and I never thought Grizzly Peak lent itself as a proper symbol for the park. Additionally, much like the park, I thought it was too contemporary, rather than classic, further highlighting the lack of imagination and classic, timeless style that DCA as a whole failed to offer. In 2007, after only 6 years, I personally feel that DCA's original logo is already beginning to look dated.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 10-22-2007 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Hotlinked Pictures Removed

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

It just seems like they are getting away from the California theme and moving in a slightly different direction. If they do that, the "California" part of the name really won't make sense anymore.

Well, the word "park" was added after the fact, so the logogram shown above does not reflect the one that was originally used.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I've never shared PragmaticIdealist's appreciation for the original logo - I thought it was too busy, unfriendly to easy resizing, and I never thought Grizzly Peak lent itself as a proper symbol for the park. Additionally, much like the park, I thought it was too contemporary, rather than classic, further highlighting the lack of imagination and classic, timeless style that DCA as a whole failed to offer. In 2007, after only 6 years, I personally feel that DCA's original logo is already beginning to look dated.
    One of the biggest failures I have seen of logos of recent years is the desire to have a graphic logo. A graphic logo has specific colors that must be worked with in all designs. Disneyland, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center, Tokyo Disneyland, Disney-MGM Studios (to an extent), and Tokyo DisneySea all have a logotype and seperate graphic. The graphic and logotype can be presented in one or many colors (look at the "Disneyland" logotype) that can be changed to work with a miriad of designs. The smaller graphic (stylized Sleeping Beauty Castle, Walt Disney World "D", EPCOT Center flower, etc.) were also capable of being used independently.

Quote Originally Posted by chadb14 View Post
    It just seems like they are getting away from the California theme and moving in a slightly different direction. If they do that, the "California" part of the name really won't make sense anymore.
    Why would you say that? The entrance is being completely redesigned to depict the California to which Walt Disney migrated in 1923.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast