Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: more on ursula in fantasmic... funny story

Sounds like tentacales to me too.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

tentacles here too...But as for the Tiki one, "There's folks outside go take a ride"?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak
    Sorry to rain on everyone's pervie parade. But it is undeniably TENTACLES with the N perfectly annunciated. Again, you are letting the hiss of the water screens color your imagination to hear testicles. There is also a symbol crash in the background which further aids in hearing the non-existant S

http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~dlfreak/ursula.MP3
    Sorry, I hear tentacles. Very clearly to my ears.
    Cheers,

John

• Ooh boy!

I heard "testicles" during the parade too.

If you listen to the sound clip, when she's being cut off, you can hear her pronouncing "test."

• Defeats the Huns

It sounds like "testicles" only because of the ELECTRICITY sound effects placed right in the middle of the word. It's obvious she says TENTACLES, but it definitely sounds like testicles because of that sound effect.

• Social Imagineer

It was worse when they still had the Ursula float. She actually turned her right palm facing upwards and made a grabbing gesture when she said "tentacles," so it's no wonder everyone heard it as "testicles."

Some legends never die.

• That's Hawt

Testicles Testicles Penis To Boot!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I heard tentacles very clearly!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

It totally sounds like "testicles," but you have say the rest of the line or it's out of context:

"...TESTICLES!....how NICE!"

• Banned User

no comment untill i get out the DVD... but i can say if you think of it like the clip... folks or boats.. if you think boats you uear it.. if you think folks you hear it...

I have to ask..... What's with Ursula? I realize that "The Little Mermaid" revived the company and she is a great character but why does she seem to be in everything. Why a "staring" role in Fantasmic? A promenent feature in The World Of Disney in the collectible area when only the hands of the other villians are present. Why is she the ONLY villian in the new parade? I don't think a villian belongs in the parade at all (although I heard there is a reason, just don't know what it is). If they had to chose a villian, why her over a classic (Evil Queen, Chernabog) or a modern villian (Jafar, Skar)? I think they should've used Monstro the whale because of the iconic status that character has in Fantasyland (and to my knowledge the first or one of the first villians to have a pressence in Disneyland.)

• Basking in birthday love

As a show unit, Ursula goes right along with the Ariel float. I don't know the specific reason that she's there, other than... well, have you seen her? She's just plain cool-looking! She's an amazingly sophisticated puppet, and at the show stop, she sings along with "Welcome"! Diva-style! I got to see that on my birthday, and I think it was my favorite part of the whole day. I was cracking up the whole time.

I think one of the reasons they put her there is that she's such a visually interesting character, and she's completely unique. The majority of the other villains are either human or basic animals (I would lump Chernabog in here as well, because he's just a gargoyle *yawn*), but no other villain's design compares to the half-woman, half-octopus of Ursula. If I were an Imagineer, I'd want to use her as many places as possible, because she's so fun to design for. It helps that she's a pretty strong character (though I think Maleficent and Jafar are better, but again, they're less visually compelling) so her inclusion in shows keeps things dynamic.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Travel-Sized Guardian

*gigglesnerk* Oh man. You know...I *always* thought she was saying the same thing too, even while listening to the Fantasmic! track on the CD. (Yes I realize also my mind's grown very slightly perverse in my age...but -that-, I assure you, has nothing to do with it, lol ^^ But...it -DOES- sound like she's saying testicles. *thud* xD I don't remember her saying it in the parade though...probably couldn't hear her over everyone else, heh.

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by dznefan
    I have to ask..... What's with Ursula? I realize that "The Little Mermaid" revived the company and she is a great character but why does she seem to be in everything. Why a "staring" role in Fantasmic? A promenent feature in The World Of Disney in the collectible area when only the hands of the other villians are present.
    The Little Mermaid not only turned the Disney company around but was also released in nearly three years before Fantasmic debuted. Beauty and the Beast is also featured but it's villain (Gaston) is far less interesting than Ursula. Plus the show is on water which gives her extra points for a "starring role."
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Kirbyshowcase.com

testicles.
    (insert funny comment here)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast