Fallen tree at La Brea

Surprised nobody here has brought up the huge tree that fell over last night around 6:15pm at La Brea Bakery.
    Anyone else see it, we where walking off the tram and we saw the whole tree just topple over on the tables/chair and possibly a few people???
    This is what I was wondering...was anyone hurt?
    We, unlike everyone else who blocked the CM's from clearing the area/helping anyone did not stay and watch what was going on. Everyone rushed over to "take pictures" of the fallen tree and what it had fallen on. We kept walking and did not want to contrubute to clogging up the area, we'd rather people who belong there get in and do their jobs.
    By the time we exited the park it was already cut up and hauled away.
    We just hope nobody was hurt, it took out much of the outside seating area.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Fallen tree at La Brea

Didn't see that one but we saw one outside of Grizzly swaying very dangerously toward the hotel. We thought a guy was securing it but someone else said that he'd cut it down.

Hope nobody was hurt in that accident!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
    • Senior Minion

I left before that happened, but I'm not surprised. On the way back to Mickey & Friends one of the trees lost a branch and blocked the lane.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

If a Tree fell in Downtown Disney and no one heard it......oh, nevermind.

• Knight that says Nee!!

This could be a plot from rival theme parks...they start by destablizing the trees and move on to other diabolical things!!

• "I Break Things"

This is high end Disney math BIG TREE+HIGH WINDS= NO BIG TREE, either they cut it down or Mother Nature does it for them.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Spalding View Post
    Surprised nobody here has brought up the huge tree that fell over last night around 6:15pm at La Brea Bakery.
    Umm...

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...s-80987p6.html

Wow, the winds were horrendous at DL today. It took out a tree and a light in DTD near the La Brea bakery, and part of the canopy of the carousel got trashed. Sitting at the table indoors at Coke Corner that's the furthest inside, next to the candy, I got hit in the side of the head by trash flying in from outside. The CMs kept sweeping the floors of the shops in a never-ending losing battle to keep leaves and trash out. I feel like I'm covered by an inch of dust. Yike.
    Mind you, by the time I saw it, they had already removed all the tables and chairs, as well as most of the tree, so all I was definitely able to see was that one of the tall "leafy" lamps was damaged by the falling tree. Wasn't sure whether it had fallen on the tables or not.
    Last edited by drb; 10-22-2007 at 12:13 PM.

• Still lost in Neverland

That post is on another thread and is quite long. I never saw it either and was glad someone posted in here where most Disneyland fans spend their time. Thanks for the information Capt Spalding.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

hope noone was hurt
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

La Brea better still be open! I love that place! No one else does, but I do, and that's what's important!

My understanding is that the Santa Ana wind are a naturally occuring phenomena out there at this time of year. Is it particularly bad this year? Or is it something else?

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    My understanding is that the Santa Ana wind are a naturally occuring phenomena out there at this time of year. Is it particularly bad this year? Or is it something else?

Peace,
    Roo
    We've had worse winds than these. I remember once about 20 years ago when a really bad Santa Ana wind blew the roof off of a couple houses in my neighborhood. That was a really bad wind.

This is a stonger than average wind, but not the worst. But what makes it bad is all of the fires. The fires are all in rugged terrain, combined with high winds, makes them all so difficult to fight.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    We've had worse winds than these. I remember once about 20 years ago when a really bad Santa Ana wind blew the roof off of a couple houses in my neighborhood. That was a really bad wind.

This is a stonger than average wind, but not the worst. But what makes it bad is all of the fires. The fires are all in rugged terrain, combined with high winds, makes them all so difficult to fight.
    Forgot to mention this is also the driest year on record. Dry year, combined with tinder dry brush, in rugged terrain combined with high winds makes for a really bad fire. San Diego had an extremely bad fire storm a few years back, and L.A. County has had it's share as well... mainly mid to late 90's. With each fire comes new regulations on clearing brush and making fire breaks. It doesn't sound like much, but with each fire we learn a little more and that helps save homes.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    That post is on another thread and is quite long. I never saw it either and was glad someone posted in here where most Disneyland fans spend their time. Thanks for the information Capt Spalding.
    ...wha? Huh?

Most Disneyland fans spend their time in the "Fallen Tree at La Brea" thread, with 440 views, and not the "Santa Ana winds" thread on the same page, that has 3,000 views?

I don't understand what you're saying. What am I missing?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by drb View Post
    ...wha? Huh?

Most Disneyland fans spend their time in the "Fallen Tree at La Brea" thread, with 440 views, and not the "Santa Ana winds" thread on the same page, that has 3,000 views?

I don't understand what you're saying. What am I missing?
    Tsk, tsk

Thread Envy is so ugly.