Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: How Many Hours Did You Stay on 7/17?

I arrived at the DTD parking lot right at 8 pm on saturday evening and hung around there til about 11pm and decided to move my car to the Pumbaa Parking lot. I was in line by 12:30 and met some AWESOME people that I hung out with all night and all day long!! I was one of the VERY FIRST people to get a Pink wristband but the last one in my group to enter DCA so one of the managers wrote Orange on my wristband so i could stay with them. We finally entered Disneyland just at 7:00 in the morning. I didn't leave until about 12:30 that night!! I was there for 15.5 HOURS and I was awake the entire time! The grand total of sleeplessness is 39 HOURS!!

• Basking in birthday love

I got to Lost Bar around 10pm, then managed to find Morrigoon and Disneyphile in line around 2:15. We left right after the second Fantasmic!, around 11. So I was at the park for 25 hours. I had been awake since about 10am the day before, and I didn't get back to my dorm to sleep until 12:30am, and didn't sleep at the park, so my total time for being awake was 38.5 hours. That's why I slept 16 hours and just now woke up.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Banned User

I think it very humorous how a lot of you stayed up for nearly two days waiting in that DCA line. I was at the park by 5:45 am on the 17th (after getting my 8 hours of sleep), got in line and was at the front gate turnstiles (1st in line mind you) waiting for all of you to go in until 8:15 AM. After you got in to the park after your wait, I went in immediately after you! What I'm trying to say is....what was it worth to wait in DCA all night? You beat me into the park by about 3.4 seconds! Anyhow, I applaud you all for being die hards! Party on!

• Disneyland and TDR fan!

I was there by 6:40am and left around 4:45pm. So 10 hours total.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    I think it very humorous how a lot of you stayed up for nearly two days waiting in that DCA line. I was at the park by 5:45 am on the 17th (after getting my 8 hours of sleep), got in line and was at the front gate turnstiles (1st in line mind you) waiting for all of you to go in until 8:15 AM. After you got in to the park after your wait, I went in immediately after you! What I'm trying to say is....what was it worth to wait in DCA all night? You beat me into the park by about 3.4 seconds! Anyhow, I applaud you all for being die hards! Party on!
    Heck yeah, it was worth it! How often do you get to do something like a sleepover in DCA? (With the total lack of sleep that implies, of course.) It was an amazingly cool experience. And we got into the park at 7:15 and managed to get a reasonable place in the merchandise line (only 2 hours as opposed to the 4 I've heard several places). I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

I arrived at 4 AM, and left at 9:45 PM after the fireworks, so just under 18 Hours total. I slept about 3 1/2 hours on Saturday night, and 20 minutes on the ground following the rededication speech.

• insufferable know-it-all

What I'm trying to say is....what was it worth to wait in DCA all night?
    Hell yeah, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Is it worth showing up at a theme park early in the morning to have extra hours in the park? Same thing. The line "party" was SO much fun! Hanging out with other die-hard geeks, in a theme park, knowing that what we were doing was crazy, and knowing that there were thousands of other people there just as crazy as we were.

There's a reason a lot of us didn't sleep overnight in that line: too much fun to be had to waste the evening sleeping!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Well to be fair, the people who got in only 3.4 seconds before you were the last people into DCA and probably arrived around 5:30. So not much earlier than you.

It was totally worth it! I arrived around 2:20 (after getting 8 hours of sleep, thanks to Tylenol PM and staying up late the night before) and spent the next 41/2 hours with the other crazies cheering and talking about why we were there. It was quite the experience. One that won't be repeated for a long long time. I loved every minute of it! I honestly would have paid to do it too, don't tell Disney!

(Now, what would be REALLY awesome is if Disney realized how much we loved this, and started having all night parties in DCA! It would be like grad night all over again!)

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

We got there about 4:45 am (the 17th), then left about 12:30 am (the 18th)...

• no flash photography...

we stayed one hour in DL and 3 1/2 hours in DCA...had to go home becasue I was so tired form waking up at 4:30am and I have a long drive home. so total time including standing in line to get in was 5 1/2 hours..

4am-11:30pm : 19.5 hours. Whew!
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Rainicorn.

19 Hours. 4:15 AM to right after the fireworks.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Do You Wanna Get Rocked?

Blog Entries

Woke up at 8pm Saturday night...I got to the park around 11pm!! Partyed with Morrigoon, DisneyPhile, Frotto Potter, and the others all night long!! (I had a blast!!!)
    I think I left between 4-4:30 can't remember! (Oh! Morrigoon...I got my shirt!)
    I finally got to bed around 8:30 that night so I was awake for alittle over 24 hours!!!

• Super saucy pixie!

17 1/2 hours for me! And my feet are paying for it today!

• Official MC Thread Killer

We arrived around 6:30AM, stayed in DL till about 11:30AM then went to DCA till about 3:00PM. We then stayed at DL until 11:30PM.. so about 17 hours or so...
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast