• It's a dead man's party!

Arrow 10/18: Nightmare 3D Opening Night & 10/21: Evening DL trip filled w/ falling trees...

Hello all! Since I haven't done any reports lately at all I decided it was time to do one!

So first, here is my very small report on,
    "The Nightmare Before Christmas: 3D"
    opening night at El Capitan

The organist made me happy by playing ghoulishy delightful tunes from Haunted Mansion.

Can I take this home? Please???

Unfortunately, the opening night panel was not all that fabulous. Don Hahn was there, as usual, to open the show and ask questions to the panel guests. Henry Selick was there along with one of the producers (not Denise, who couldn't make it.) Henry is always nice to hear chat about the movie and one of the original animators was also there showing a demonstration of how stop-motion animation is done.

At the beginning of the show, Don made the announcement that they had a "huge surprise" for us.

The "huge surprise" was that Neil Gaiman was there. He jumped on stage, said hello then announced we would be viewing ten minutes of the new stop-motion film by Henry, "Coraline", which is based on Neil's book. The footage was in 3D for us, which was cool, and the film looks really good from what we saw.

But for me, the "huge surprise" would have been Chris Sarandon making an appearance or Danny Elfman. I'm still praying for the year that Chris finally appears at one of these Nightmare panels. I mean, he IS Jack after all!
    *cough* Sorry. Anyway, nothing super amazing. The display downstairs was the pretty much the same too. Oh well.

DISNEYLAND, SUNDAY EVENING OCTOBER 21

We arrived around 7pm to find this tree by the bakery had fallen over from the winds. Yikes!

More people seemed to be leaving than arriving...

The spotlight on Mickey kept shaking.

Fairly empty street for a Sunday

At least some people continued to have Disney fun even with the winds

"Pirates of the Caribbean" ran smoothly, with the exception of the parrot missing and Captain Jack's hat in its place. Also the sound of the dog singing by the three Pirates and the donkey was heard....even though there was no dog in sight? The dog hasn't been there for a while now and it was the first time I had heard the dog track continue to play. lol.

On the way to Critter Country to check out the shop, it was announced that no Fantasmic! or fireworks show would be shown tonight. So we found these floats chilling in the water by the canoes.

Arriving at Pooh, Disney had set up benches to block guests from passing this leaning tree!

More of tree...

Heading back towards New Orleans, these Disney dudes were chopping down a tree that was breaking in the Splash queue right by the fast pass distribution.

Hello there purdy Haunted Mansion!

Uh oh! Jack was blown the other way! Perhaps he was trying to point us in the direction of Halloweentown?

Big Thunder was almost a walk-on!

Over in Fantasyland....which was REALLY quiet.

*waves* Hello there Fantasmic people leaving for the night!

No tea cup love in the wind?

It seemed the Matterhorn path was empty...but that was only because the line for the ride was long!! Noooo!!

Alice still under refurb.

Back to Main Street we go to head out for the night since it was nearly 11 and the winds were pretty bad.

Oh hello there hidden Mickey!

Back in the parking lot we found this dirty surprise on our car, as well on everyone else's!

Maybe Tinkerbell ran out of pixie dust.

Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: 10/18: Nightmare 3D Opening Night & 10/21: Evening DL trip filled w/ falling tree

Quote Originally Posted by MaleficentFan View Post

*waves* Hello there Fantasmic people leaving for the night!
    My question is: What are they doing in Fantasyland, so far from the ROA???

Back in the parking lot we found this dirty surprise on our car, as well on everyone else's!

Maybe Tinkerbell ran out of pixie dust.
    Interesting........... I thought is was "Disney Snow!" Must be the ashes from the fire.

Nice pictures, glad I didn't go to DL.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: 10/18: Nightmare 3D Opening Night & 10/21: Evening DL trip filled w/ falling tree

Thanks for the great trip report MF! It's been really hard to breathe around my neighborhood for the past couple of days. Funny what a howling gale and some smoke will do to the crowds, eh? Bummer that the DLR lost some trees. I keep worrying about some of the really OLD trees that surround the park, or those on TSI...they seem like they would be very hard to replace. Some of those pines have roots that don't go down very far. When I lived up near Big Bear, we'd lose quite a few Ponderosa's every year when we had high winds....but only if the ground was saturated after a big rain. I wonder if they have plans in place for keeping guests out of certain areas when winds are upwards of 70 mph. Hmmmm....

Anyway, glad that you had fun in the wind and ash.

And I was also bummed they took the dog out of POTC in that scene. Is he getting fixed?

• Senior Minion

I heard the dog singing but no dog as well. Where is the dog?

Other then that, by your trip report I'm glad I left early on Sunday before all the trees started falling down.

• Banned User

You mean they cancelled the fireworks!!!???

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Other then that, by your trip report I'm glad I left early on Sunday before all the trees started falling down.
    I went yesterday for my niece's first trip and we left by 9PM. We had enough of the wind and dust flying in our faces. I managed to see the tree in Downtown Disney had fallen over. Also, the tarps that were over in DCA in the little farm area to the side of Bug's Land ripped and broke a bunch of little lights that were hanging next to them. My brother, sister-in-law, niece, and I were actually heading that way to head to Mission Tortilla but the CM's told us the walkway was closed because of glass from the lights being on the ground.

• Imaginative Possibilities

I had my on boarding cast member orientation earlier that day in the afternoon...the wind definitly made things interesting....
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• Can Only Wish For More!

Maybe it's a ghost dog for halloween?

Is he getting fixed for some PC improvements??
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

That's a nice shot of the teacups. Nice TR overall!

"The Nightmare Before Christmas: 3D" opening night at El Capitan

The "huge surprise" was that Neil Gaiman was there. He jumped on stage, said hello then announced we would be viewing ten minutes of the new stop-motion film by Henry, "Coraline", which is based on Neil's book. The footage was in 3D for us, which was cool, and the film looks really good from what we saw.
    Anyway, nothing super amazing.
    I was hoping to attend the Panel Discussion, but alternate plans kept me from doing so. Although, I am kind of glad I didn't. I would have hyped myself up for an awesome discussion and been disappointed at the outcome. Yes, the stop-animation discussion is always nice ... but, I think the highlight, besides viewing the movie, would be the ten minute viewing of "Coraline" in 3D! Like you said, "nothing amazing."

But, thank you so much for your report! I was wondering how the evening went.
    Sparrow, Johnson, Skellington, Black, White, ... Daniels. I just love Jack's!

P.S. You can always visit me on MySpace at: http://myspace.com/miisvegas.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

ohh I can see there were many spirit orbs out that night! ;o)
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Future Imagineer!!

awwwwwwwwwww i love going on days like that!

well except for fantasmic being closed....but i love when its windy!

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC