Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Imaginative Possibilities

Question Special Cast Member?

I know there are alot of cast members in the resort like myself, and alot of us try hard to make a special conection with our guests. Is there a special cast member you remember because of what they did for you or how they treated you?
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• Minion

Re: Special Cast Member?

No............
    Har har har

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

yup! Nancy on POTC she was really nice and helped DiSnEyFrEaK21 and i when we were in the handicap line (she tore her ACL a some weeks before). She always had a smile on her face and was really cheery! And there was this Alan C. who has been our waiter at Cafe Orleans EVERY time i go there! I dont think he recognizes us...than again...after seeing what kinds weird characters we can be...i wouldnt want to recognize myself. hehe There are sooo many more CMs that have made my trip special over the years, but I've since forgotten some of their names. I remember their faces though and would be able to spot them right away.

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Too many to name!!!

All from Buzz Lightyear. Briane, Jolene, Ed, David, Micheal, Justin, Neil, Janet, Marita, Aaron....

I've got a lot more.... but I can't name em all...

Aww...Aaron. He makes everyone's day brighter.

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

I love having Aaron as a lead, and there is a reason he got Lead of the Year at mouscars.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Brian Butler at the HM stays in character better than anyone I've seen. He's been at POTC as well and plays the part there excellent too. BRavo to the CMs that know how to keep the magic alive.

Top notch CM.

• Disney for life!~

Patric and jake.they rule

I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

• ...lurks...

[WARNING - HEATED REPLY]

Yes - every single cast member that is trying their best, despite the blatant opposition to them in doing a good job by both management and guests who may not appreciate them for the service they provide.

Those cast members who make eye real contact, those who give a genuine smile, those who still believe in Walt's original idea of what Disneyland should be - those are the cast members who make it just that much more special each and every-time I visit.

They are usually the ones who don't boast or talk loudly of themselves, and that try their best to never say anything on stage contrary to what guests would be 'privy' to hear on stage.

Sadly, those same cast members are, for the most part, the very same people who get stepped on by their fellow cast members, their 'management' and get over looked every single time for any sort of promotion, like trainer, lead, etc., of which they deserve so very much.

And many of them give and give, until the dreams flame has been snuffed out, and sadly succumb to the fact that it's no longer that place, where good service and hard work prevail. It's the land of the suck-ups, those who have the 'browner' noses, are quite frequently those who 'excel' - when in reality they do anything but. These are the same type of people that at one point the Walt Disney Company would never dream of hiring (there are still exceptions to that new rule, but they are very rare and far between).

These are the very same people that time and time again - try to do the best they can, hoping to make a difference in just one guests experienceóman, woman or child, giving others that little bit 'extra effort' is what makes them happy, in seeing others happy.

Never before has graffiti been so prevalent back stage - does this say anything about the caliber of folks they are now hiring for the park? The same people who 5 years ago would not even be given an interview, because they didn't match the 'Disney look' or fall under the 'Disney Guidelines', are not only given interviews with that very same, and unchanged look - they are being hired as fast as they can get them through the doors.

That being said, the turn-over rate at Disneyland (employee-wise) is still ASTOUNDING. They can't hire people fast enough - it just goes to show, that people are people and people (regardless of what 'look' they may or may not comply with) and need to be treated with at least some degree of care and respect from their employer.

If people are not happy - they will continue to leave and find other places that will give the under-valued, under-paid people in most cases a better wage, with better benefits and treatment in general.

Sure, Disney may be okay for now, but they are only looking at the short-term dollar. What happens when they finally hit the breaking point of always being short-handed, due to cast members walking off the job due to all of the things that they are doing, and not doing to cast members.

The cast members who cared, who wanted to do and did a good job are no longer there. They are flushing them out like hunting dogs flushing out fowl. All to save a few measly bucks that really don't need 'saving'.

The Great Depression it has been said, will be repeated in the future, is this now starting to creep up on all our doorsteps? Is it too late for larger companies to reverse the decay that has been set in motion? Will honor ever be put back into the work place?

Only time will tell...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

dustin and i absolutely enjoy Danielle from HM and PotC. after noticing us riding HM 5 times in a row, she started talking to us and telling us a bit of the stories/history of the HM, every time we came thru the queue she would tell us another tidbit. she even took time after clocking out for the night to chat with us a bit more.

even though we're out of staters and only get to the park about 6 times a year, she ALWAYS recognizes us and takes the time to talk with us when our paths cross.

she's awesome
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Top of the list would be Tony, the Carver at Goofy's Kitchen.

He always says Hi, remembers our names, takes the time to have a short conversation, and treats us to "special" cuts of the evenings' delicacy.

• =)

Brian (Bryan?) at POTC. I saw him outside the entrance, providing helpful yet entertaining information to numerous guests in a fun West Country accent. Wish I'd complimented him at City Hall...

Rod Miller, the ragtime piano man at Coke Corner! Every time my Aunt and I would see him, he'd look right at us with a smile that could light all the lightbulbs on Main Street and greet us like we were dear long-lost relatives. Not sure if he could possibly remember all the faces over the years (he graced that piano bench for three decades!), but each and every time he saw us he made us feel like we were the special VIP that Walt intended every guest to be. Not only was he absolutely amazing in playing all those great tunes at dizzying speed, but he was moreover one of the most friendly and gracious person I'd ever met -- in or outside of the Park. He had an "aura" of feel-good, positive energy that was so contagious and really gave everyone around him a real zip-a-dee-doo-dah vibe! I always remember him saying, "I should pay them [Disney] to do this!" He really got into and enjoyed his job. I play the piano also, and the thing that always astounded me was how he could be ripping through some Joplin rag and simultaneously having a genuine conversation with you! He's retired now and hopefully is enjoying good health and at least a small return of the great happiness he brought to so many of us. And for as long as I go to Disneyland, the piano at the end of Main Street will always belong to Rod.

Talking Re: Special Cast Member?

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Brian Butler at the HM stays in character better than anyone I've seen. He's been at POTC as well and plays the part there excellent too. BRavo to the CMs that know how to keep the magic alive.

Top notch CM.

A BIG AMEN for sure! It's always so obvious when a CM is all about the magic and hopefully they know who they are.

• Banned User

all of the cast members deserve special recognition. you all do a heck of a great job. everytime I come to the disneyland resort I always have a great time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast