Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Still lost in Neverland

Eat with Dinosuars - Why not us too.

I got this off a Disney News Site and haven't seen anything here, so I am wondering why Florida gets this and we don't? Or will we in the Downtown Disney West part of the redo. If we have a Rainforest Cafe, I wonder if they will do one here as well. With all the thoughts and discussions about changes to DCA this might have been missed:

Two life-size dinosaurs will grace the outside and dozens more robotic dinosaurs will decorate the interior of the T-Rex restaurant and store under construction at Downtown Disney. The restaurant, slated to open next fall in Downtown Disney's Marketplace section, will be the second in a new chain designed by Steven Schussler, who created Rainforest Cafe, and developed in partnership with Landry's Restaurants. The 30,000-square-foot project, much larger than the Kansas City, Kan., prototype, will include a cocktail bar, a 3,500-square-foot retail shop and enough educational and entertaining decor to qualify as an attraction, Schussler said.
    "We've got over 35 different dinosaurs on the inside, a quarter of a million dollars in fossils embedded in the men's room and ladies' room, with educational comments so you can learn about them. Most of that stuff in there is literally 45 [million to] 80 million years old," Schussler said.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Re: Eat with Dinosuars - Why not us too.

I want dinosaurs. ::wibble::
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

I want dinosaurs at Downtown Disney (or anywhere in the Resort area) too. But for purely selfish reasons.

(Opus...posting from Houston, which just happens to be the headquarters of Landry Restaurants)

Go T-Rex!!!

• =)

Because if there is no such clone here, WDW's west coast visitors will be more interested in eating there. Simple as that. I think it's a very cool idea, but I'd rather it stays at WDW while we get a different but similarly cool concept.

• Fancy that...

I Want The Ride!!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Wow, sounds pretty cool. However, I think the reason WDW is getting this place is because of the Dinosaur! attraction they have. That's just a guess on my part.

Totally off the Disney subject, but I wish that Knott's Berry Farm would create a fully themed Peanuts restaurant. That would be cool!

...Joe...

• Fancy that...

yumm this food is g-ROAR!

Thanks Opus1Guy for the link to their site. That has a lot of fun stuff, I even played most fo the games. They are new with only one place so far, the second being in WDW. Again, I have to state that not everybody out here is rich enough to run off to Florida every year. I have only been three time and it was 10 years between each visit. I doubt if living on Retirement Social Security now I will ever be able to do it again. So I really want one here. They have a Rainforest at both places and ours is always packed, and I understand it's much better than the one in Florida. They could do the same here.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Well I'll certainly give it a looksie next time I go down to WDW. One should try a place before they write it off. But so far, I'm thinking meh. Rainforest cafe. mediocre food. Chuck E Cheese animatronics. Don't need another one with a dinosaur theme.

Bronosaurus Burgers & T-Rex steaks, sweet!

There even gonna be a build a dino.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'll trade you T-Rex if you send us Sephora.

The Rainforest cafe at Disneyland's Downtown Disney is much better than the one in Florida. Better A/A animals as part of the deal was that our Imagineers got to do the A/A figures. Food is better too. So hopefully we will get one under the same deal. I would really like to get a Build A Dino too. Hopefully that won't interfere with the Build a Bear that is already in Downtown Disney.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• The one, the only...

I think a dinosaur section of DCA would completely fit. Remember the La Brea Tar pits? California has more of a connection to dinosaurs than Florida. I agree with Lost Boy in that this would be very fun. It would have to be realistic, not the 'tacky' style of dinosaurs at DAK.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Princess Mouse Ears

There aren't dinosaurs at the La Brea Tar Pits I learned that the hard way, they only have Saber Tooth Cats, Mammoths and other mammals.
    So many mouse ears, so little time...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast