Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: 10-20-07 Report- a little late, but here it is

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    I went up to the park to meet with a friend and his family down from Fresno. I arrived at the park at about 11:30a, and I had no wait to get in the park. I tried to get a hold of my friend, but to no avail. So, I hopped on the Ward Kimball for a short jaunt to NOS. There was a little bit of a wait for us to get going, and I saw this was true a few times during the day. Anyone know why?

Upon arriving in NOS, I promptly got a FP for HMH, and went over to Splash. I SR'ed it (as I always do ), and was able to get a hold of my friend after that. So, we met up at the NOS train station, which there was a long delay for the train to leave the station. I couldn't see if there was something going on here, or if it was at another station.

We rode BTMRR first, and then wandered up around Big Thunder Trail into Fantasyland, where we went on Small World (my last time until '09... ). While waiting in line, my friend noticed something:

They never painted over all of the pastels when they made the façade white. There are some blues and peaches visible in spots!

I also noticed something I'd never seen before... fish on the wall surrounding the little surfer dude:

Next, we met up with all the rest of his family at the Princess shop next to the castle. I wandered out through the back of the store, and took a couple pictures around the castle.

I just thought this one was really pretty.

You can barely see the Pearly Band and Mary Poppins on the lower right side of the picture. Also, notice the backs of the new banners.

Next, we all decided to go on Pirates. Something very strange and wonderful happened once we embarked: we never stopped on our way to the first drop. We coasted right up to, down that first drop and on through the ride. There was a little bit of a backup in the ammunition room, but not too bad. Overall, a very good ride!

And, as has been mentioned a couple times before, the parrot at that last turn around is missing, and has been replaced with Jack's hat. Not sure on any reasons why, or for how long?

More coming soon!
    Nice pics! The 3rd one is my favorite because that one turret looks almost like the ones at WDW's Cinderella Castle.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: 10-20-07 Report- a little late, but here it is

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-SmallWorld CM View Post
    Nice pics! The 3rd one is my favorite because that one turret looks almost like the ones at WDW's Cinderella Castle.
    I never noticed that before, and it kinda does!

Quote Originally Posted by Berd View Post
    The peach and blue are accent colors and are supposed to be there.

Great report and pictures! Looks and sounds like a fun time. Thanks for sharing.
    Hmm... interesting. Thanks for the info!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12