Page 106 of 137 FirstFirst ... 6568196103104105106107108109116131 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2044

Wink Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by AliKzam View Post
    So, I went on InBev's website. Just in case anyone's interested and doesn't know, this is what they carry:
    Stella Artois
    Brahma
    Hoegaarden
    Staropramen
    Leffe
    Becks

That's all it listed. I sort of expected the list to be bigger, I guess. Of course, they've also new beverages from A-B, which are:
    Budweiser
    Budweiser Select, also Chelada
    Bud Dry, also Ice, Light, Ice Light and Light Lime
    Michelob Lager, also Amberbock, Honey Lager, Porter, Ultra, Ultra Amber, Ultra Fruit, Golden Draft and Golden Draft Light
    Bass Pale Ale
    Beck's (I guess they're already posting the beers from the merger), also Dark, Oktoberfest and Premier Light
    Boddington's Pub Ale
    Czechvar
    Grolsch, also Amber Ale, Blonde Lager and Light Lager
    Harbin Lager
    Hoegaarden
    Kirin Ichiban, including Light,
    Leffe Blonde, including Brown
    Lowenbrau Original Lager
    And like a bazillion other beverages, including Rolling Rock, the Bacardis, O'Douls, the 180 Energy drinks, Monster and Borba skin balance water.
    Dang.

I got these directly off the InBev and Anheiser-Busch sites.

And lets not forget Natural Ice.

• is too darn hot.

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by AliKzam View Post
    As for the food served at the beer garden: considering this is California, where people move to from all over the country and the world, they could really serve anything they wanted. You can find cultural food as diverse as Etheopean in parts of Los Angeles, though I've never had Etheopean so I don't know what kind of beer to pair that with.
    In reguards to Ariel's Grotto leaving DL: am I the only one who never actually saw her sitting out there? In all the times I've been to DL since that opened, I don't think I've ever seen anything more than a nicely decorated alcove with a turn-table floor. How the heck does a person miss that every single time?
    (Okay, that last one was more of a rant than a discussion on the improvements to DCA, but still.)
    Ethiopian food tends to be rather spicy, so something hoppy like an IPA would be appropriate.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingWicked451 View Post
    Also, if it's supposed to be some sort of Boardwalk park, why don't they have a boardwalk instead of crappy-looking cracked pavement? Even my mom pointed that out, and she is not a stickler for theming at all.
    plans called for the whole boardwalk area of the pier to get all wood planks. As the plans kept getting modified the decision was made to add the stamped concrete instead of the wood so that the huge expense of adding the wood fllor could be used to better enhance themingon the buildings and surrounding area.

The enhancements of the buildings is a greater priority than the floor. This does not mean that the floor will not eventually be replaced. Jus like Disneyland has been receiving themed floors which have repleaced the painted concrete the same could be possible in DCA's future when needed.

at the time the wooden boardwalk will stay along the areas waters edge.

You are right Mastergracy I have actually spoken to people that are familiar with the project and supposedly the response for the attraction was very well received.

The recent presentation of this project from WDI from what i heard went extremelly well and the project inched closer to getting its budget approved.

By the way the attraction is not just suppose to be a 3d movie or a walk thru with costumes like the one in DHS. The Narnia concept is suppose to be a special effect filled attraction that uses the first movie as its source.

So i am not sure where Mr Lutz received that information.

The attraction as explained to me is designed to have minor exterior changes. It would still be a soundstage. people wold then enter the soundstage and encounter themselves entering the mansion that the childrens stayed in. Guests would then enter thru the wardobe into the land of NArnia where special effects would engulfe the audience as Narnia came to life.

never were fax furs part of the description but i am sure that WDI would had considered adding as much detail as possible to make the scene true to the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Late in the evening on 8/13 Al Lutz posted an editors note on the homepage of MiceAge.com:
    Editor's Note 8/14: It appears that entertainment honcho Anne Hamburger will soon be leaving Disney to "spend more time with family." One of the last relics of the Pressler era, her haughty/artsy attitude won her no friends in Anaheim once Harriss left. Her recent pitch to Team Disney Anaheim executives for a Narnia show in DCA's MuppetVision theater that had the audience entering the auditorium by walking through a giant wardrobe pushing their way in through hanging faux furs left the suits stunned in disbelief. But at least she went out with a bang... - Al Lutz
    Al's comments seem to imply that Anne's proposed Narnia attraction was laughed out of the room and won't be happening. But I've heard some info to the contrary. Who knows....

Anybody care to share anything? Baloo? Are you out there?
    Last edited by Baloo; 08-14-2008 at 09:25 PM.

• is too darn hot.

A Narnia attraction is just plain dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    A Narnia attraction is just plain dumb.
    could you explain why you feel that way?

Guests tend to enjoy special effects shows/attractions. It would not be any diferent than shows like armageddon, backdraft and twister. All three popular guests attractions with simple theming staged as a backlot studio attraction. Even the simple walkthru attraction in DHS has been popular with guests standing in line to see a recreation of a stage and costumes. Its also something that could be easily replaced in the future when a bigger budgetted attraction is approved.

right now the idea is to do something with the very low guest click muppet attraction

Besides the white witch is also an extremely popular character

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    could you explain why you feel that way?

Guests tend to enjoy special effects shows/attractions. It would not be any diferent than shows like armageddon, backdraft and twister. All three popular guests attractions with simple theming staged as a backlot studio attraction. Even the simple walkthru attraction in DHS has been popular with guests standing in line to see a recreation of a stage and costumes. Its also something that could be easily replaced in the future when a bigger budgetted attraction is approved.

right now the idea is to do something with the very low guest click muppet attraction

Besides the white witch is also an extremely popular character
    What bugs me about a Narnia attraction is the fact that it takes a highly original (yes I know it originated at DHS in Florida, but the story is still highly original) attraction/film that's filled with incredibly clever humor and the classic mayhem of the Muppets and replaces it with yet another attraction that is a rehash of a movie plot. Less originality is always a negative as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention the fact that Muppet*Vision 3D is Jim Henson's last performance as Kermit the Frog.

that makes sense but the one good thing is that the original attraction is still in WDW.

I think the problem with the muppet attraction is that is has become a bit stale and the dry humor of the muppets has a smaller following than before when Jim Henson was alive

• is too darn hot.

that makes sense but the one good thing is that the original attraction is still in WDW.

I think the problem with the muppet attraction is that is has become a bit stale and the dry humor of the muppets has a smaller following than before when Jim Henson was alive
    I guess it's no longer relevant, but I'll miss being able to hear Sam Eagle say, "A tribute to all nations, but mostly America." I haven't been to WDW once in my adult life and I don't forsee being able to get there anytime in the near future.

with the popularity of WDI's new character development program i think it would be a fun and interesting idea if they would save the critics form the balcony and made a small interaction show with them. Maybe they could place them on one of the facades balconies and have them interact with guests occasionally.

even the penguins could be a fun little entertainment show by themselves. they would work good as streetmosphere.

• If We Can Dream It...

It seems strange to me that Disney wouldn't entertain the notion of a new muppet film. That would make the most use of the existing theater and would save more of the budget, for the other enhancements in the park, versus having to reconstruct/re-design the current Muppet soundstage.

Disney has the rights yet has no ideas/plans on how to use them. It's just odd to me.
    - Horizonsfan

• Diva Extrodinaire

Are they renaming DCA because most of the upcoming rides being built have nothing to do with California.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Banned User

Guests tend to enjoy special effects shows/attractions. It would not be any diferent than shows like armageddon, backdraft and twister.
    Trouble is, all 3 of those are horrendous attractions.

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    Are they renaming DCA because most of the upcoming rides being built have nothing to do with California.

the park will most likely get a name change but the names being discussed are not very drastic.

As of yet the California theme is not on the way out. The park still has and will have an overall theme of California. The attractions being considered have somekind of connection with the land it would be built on.

Narnia attraction would have a backstage theme based on a very popular movie.

Little Mermaid although a Disney property place along the nautical and mythical creature theme which was used quite often in seaside amusement parks.

CarLand (still not the final name) although also themed along with Disney/Pixar properties also plays around the car culture of the state.

There are other attractions that are not character based and are being developed for the park which have connection both to California and the land they will eventually be built on.

Overal the buildings, lands and overall feel of the park will still have the California theme within those lands WDI is taking liberties in creating attractions that fit the specific lands theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Trouble is, all 3 of those are horrendous attractions.
    well that really depends on peoples opinion. All three attractions usually have good size crowds and normally have people walking out of them with some kind of excitment factor shown in their faces.

The idea of large explosions, strong winds and other in your face effects attracts a large group of people.

An attraction is not going to please 100% of the guests all the time.

I personally hated the peoplemover yet it has a huge following its all a matter of opinion

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-06-2008, 07:26 PM
  2. 11-28-2008, 08:52 PM
  3. 11-12-2008, 11:53 PM
  4. 11-12-2008, 02:14 AM
  5. 11-02-2008, 11:44 AM
  6. 10-21-2008, 06:00 PM
  7. 10-09-2008, 07:29 AM
  8. 10-08-2008, 01:34 PM
  9. 10-05-2008, 12:39 AM
  10. 10-03-2008, 12:27 AM
  11. 10-01-2008, 09:01 PM