Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• i FOUND nemo!!

Sad Fights at the Happiest Place on Earth

WARNING: contains non-magical experience at Disneyland. Disney lovers beware.

Some friends and I visited the DLR on the glorious day of October the 20th. As almost all Disney days go, it was pretty much awesome... until we headed over to Fantasmic. My friends and I have a tradition, no matter what we always have to see the fireworks and Fantasmic! So after the fireworks, we headed through Frontierland to go get our seats for the show. Well as many know, they rope off that section to let people out from the first Fantasmic! Yet the problem is, many non-AP's don't know this, and soon get frustrated. One woman asked why she was being held there against her will. CM's told her it was to let ppl out from the 1st Fantasmic, but she didnt care. She wanted out. So... she decided to make her way out, using her double stroller as a weapon. She went into full attack mode, running over ppl's feet and making rude remarks to get out of her way. She then ran into another woman who wasnt about to take crap from anybody. She turned around and told the woman with the stroller not to be rude, and the other woman turned around and told her to f off. It was then that all hell broke loose. Every single curse word you can think of was thrown around at least 20 times, ALL INFRONT OF CHILDREN. The women proceded to threaten to kick the living crap out of eachother. As they sat there screaming, everyone around them, including me, decided to spread the Disney magic. One guy started singing When You Wish Upon A Star, and soon the rest of us joined in. Everyone started laughing and someone proceeded to tell them to enjoy the rest of their night at the happiest place on earth. It made for a pretty funny story, but if i had children there I would have been appalled. Has anyone else ever witnessed something like this?
    "behind the orange curtain it's not so bad"

• Future Imagineer!!

Re: Fights at the Happiest Place on Earth

BAHAHAHAHA

no but i think its HILARIOUS that you guys all started singing when you wish upon a star.....sounds like something one of my friends would do...

teehee

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• i FOUND nemo!!

^ Haha it was definitely one of those moments you wish you got on camera
    "behind the orange curtain it's not so bad"

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCountyKid View Post
    So after the fireworks, we headed through Frontierland to go get our seats for the show. Well as many know, they rope off that section to let people out from the first Fantasmic! Yet the problem is, many non-AP's don't know this, and soon get frustrated. One woman asked why she was being held there against her will. CM's told her it was to let ppl out from the 1st Fantasmic, but she didnt care. She wanted out. So... she decided to make her way out, using her double stroller as a weapon. She went into full attack mode, running over ppl's feet and making rude remarks to get out of her way.
    That happens on a nightly basis whever I worked it!! It's common. I try to explain that we are holding them off for a few minutes until we can most of the crowd leaves so there would not be any congestions in the walkways and have one big traffic jam!

• Sock Puppet

Sounds like fun.

In any case, you are not being held against your will. You can always turn around and go back where you came from, which is what this woman should have done.

Has anyone else ever witnessed something like this?
    Yes!!!
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• I'm not really here

I have seen stuff like that in nearly the same place and at the same exact time. We've done the Fireworks to Fantasmic! before. Usually without a problem, but occasionally some hotheads go at it. Never that bad though. That's pretty intense.

I love that you all started singing When You Wish Upon A Star. Sounds like something out of a black and white Christmas movie almost. =D That just made that story awesome.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Knight that says Nee!!

I have seen people get pissed off about the slow moving crowds or that they can't just sit down in front of people who have been waiting over an hour for a show/parade/fireworks and they worked their way to the front 5 minutes before the start. Those confrontations can get a bit intense, but the one I have seen were done quietly and quickly. I have never seen anyone square off for a fight or have a screaming curse fit match though, fortunately.

The last time we were there I saw a woman chewing out a CM because the fireworks were cancled (due to wind). This poor guy was doing his best to stay polite and calm but she was ripping into him. I couldn't resist, I as I walked by I asked the young man "Excuse me are you the president of Disneyland?" The woman stopped her attack and looked at me, the CM looked at me confused and answered "no sir." I smiled and said "Oh so then YOU personally don't control the fireworks show?" He again said "no sir" and I turned to the woman and said in a polite and quiet tone, "Wow you must feel like such an *** now, you picked the wrong person to complain to, all that time wasted." She opened her mouth, shut it, turned and stalked off through the crowd.

I love the song idea, that would have been great to see!

Goofy Daddy, your response is priceless!

I hope to use that next time some poor CM is being berated uselessly by an ignorant guest who has nothing better to do with their time than trash a helpless cast member

• A Pirate's life for me!

If people are idiots, they will continue to be idiots, even at Disneyland.

The first few times that we watched the new (at the time) 50th fireworks show, and before the DL suits figured out what foot-traffic patterns meant, we witnessed NUMEROUS shouting matches and over-testosteroned guys squaring off in front of and in the middle of the crowds that were patiently waiting for the show to begin.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Can't we all just get along?

It's really not that big of a deal to turn around and go a different direction. It sounds like someone needed a nap!
    Foolish Mortal

• Hooterville, USA

Now that's......................Disney magic!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

The first time we got caught by that little quirk, we were a little upset. But instead of doing what that idiot did, we just went and rode Big Thunder about 5 times in a row during the fireworks with no wait. It was nice to see some of the shells go off during the ride. We ended up in the front row of the standing section because of that, but no biggie.

The worst thing I witnessed was just before the Spectromagic Parade over in Frontierland at WDW. Some guy was cursing out his wife. She for her part was yelling back. The kid was bawling. Yeah. Nice vacation for the kiddo there. Turns out what set it off was some guy spilled some BBQ sauce or something on him by accident at the toppings bar at Pecos Bill's. He cursed the guy out and the wife tried to get Dr. Phil on him so he turned on her. This couple was obviously having problems.

These are cases as to why I tell people not to go to Disney to solve their problems. It doesn't. On the contrary, the over stimulation and stress of a Disney vacation brings those problems right to the the surface and lays them bare for all the other people to see.

• Minion

she decided to make her way out, using her double stroller as a weapon. She went into full attack mode, running over ppl's feet

Doesn't that happen everyday?
    Har har har

People are so ridiculous sometimes it's scary.. I agree inside or outside of the park, and idiot is an idiot.
    I love that someone started singing... that cracked me up!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast