• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Question How much am I going to regret going in April?

I'm hoping to take my (adult) sister to DL for her birthday on April 6. Naturally, in 2008 that falls on a weekend. Is this early enough to avoid the spring break crowds, or am I going to spend the weekend tearing my hair and wishing she had been born in February, which is my preferred month to visit?

(Six months not enough time to plan, OMG. ::fuss fuss fuss:: )
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: How much am I going to regret going in April?

Easter is on Mar. 23 next year (SO EARLY!) and I know many schools are having spring break the end of March/beginning of April. You most likely will get some heavier than usual crowds then.

• Walt A Head Of His Time!

Girlfriend what's with all the negativity? Your sister is an adult.. Take her in February and say happy birthday early. Thinking like you, she probably would not even want to go with you. Think positive and good things will happen.

Thanks, Olympicnut. That's what I was afraid of. On the other hand, it CAN'T be as bad as they year I was crazy enough to go over Christmas break, right?

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Future Imagineer!!

Although most schools will have their breaks the week before so it may not be toooooooo bad....but still its a weekend

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• DL Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon View Post
    How much am I going to regret going in April?

Not at all , because you'll be in Disneyland!!!!
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Hiding in the shadows

LAUSD Spring Break is 3/17 to 3/21, however I believe all the schools in Santa Clartia are on break 4/7 to 4/11 (at least SUSD is) so it will be spread out this year since Easter comes so early.

Its hard to tell which weeks will be best in that time, but I would say anything from 3/15 through 4/13 will be busier, but Disney has blocked out So Cal APs 3/15 to 3/29 so thats probably a good sign that they expect April to be slower than March.

A little piece of heaven

Quote Originally Posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    Disney has blocked out So Cal APs 3/15 to 3/29 so thats probably a good sign that they expect April to be slower than March.
    Well, hey, I'll take it as a good sign!

Duckland

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post
    Not at all , because you'll be in Disneyland!!!!
    Oh, no, I absolutely regretted Dec. 26, 2005. That was the worst decision I ever made in my LIFE. There wasn't room to breathe in DL; thank god nobody loves DCA.

As long as April isnt' that bad, it's okay.

Duckland

• Can Only Wish For More!

Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon View Post
    Oh, no, I absolutely regretted Dec. 26, 2005. That was the worst decision I ever made in my LIFE. There wasn't room to breathe in DL; thank god nobody loves DCA.

As long as April isnt' that bad, it's okay.
    Really? That was my first day back at DLR in many years, and I had a blast! LOL, I got my PAP on xmas day, so we went on the 26th.

FUN, FUN, FUN!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I went in early April and it was great. The only thing that my grandson complained about was he said it wasn't warm enough. He wanted it 90 degrees so he could jump in the hotel pool.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    Really? That was my first day back at DLR in many years, and I had a blast! LOL, I got my PAP on xmas day, so we went on the 26th.

FUN, FUN, FUN!
    Well, we had a blast over at DCA (and went back for our dinner reservations at Blue Bayou, and came out just in time for the "snow" to fall, which was a pretty magical end to the day). And I can't say we didn't have any fun; we spent a good chunk of the morning hiding from crowds by watching Santa's reindeer fight have spirited interactions.

I still won't ever do Christmas break at DL again, though.

Duckland

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I went in early April and it was great. The only thing that my grandson complained about was he said it wasn't warm enough. He wanted it 90 degrees so he could jump in the hotel pool.
    I expect the weather to be amazing! Heck, it's usually really nice in February.

Duckland

Both times we went in April it was cold and rained most of the week. Not as fun as our other trips, but we were still glad to be in DL.
    ~Karin~

Honestly, I've always wanted to do DL in the rain. I wish it would rain for Sis's birthday (she might not think it was so great, though).

Duckland