• Freshman Member

Never good enough...

It seems that no matter what Disney does there will always be some complaining amongst the faithful. "Space Mountain wasn't worth the wait", "The 50th Birthday party was lame", "Peoplemover should never have left", "The Fireworks are just flub", "DCA sucks", "That Cast Member was so rude."

I don't think everything is rosy at Disneyland, but it is what it is and I almost always have a great time. If Walt Disney came from the dead and imagineered a new ride some people would say "Yeah Walt did a great job but..."
    Last edited by mikoyle; 07-18-2005 at 02:52 PM.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: Never good enough...

We really should just enjoy the Park and not always be so darn critical about everything. I mean we all post because we love "Disney" right? Most of the time we aren't so critical of the other things/people/places we love.......or at least I would hope not!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Hooterville, USA

It's human nature. If there was nothing to gripe about, the message boards would be half empty.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I think most of us enjoy our time and expereinces at the park, but just because we are fans, doesn't mean we think everything Disney does is perfect. The execs have enough yes men around them kissing their butts and telling them what a great job we are doing. But Walt Disney listened to his critics and learned from them. He added skippers to the JC and allowed them to tell jokes and ad-libs because he overheard a guest saying "there is no reason to re-ride the Jungle Cruise again, its the same every time"

Most people complain because they care and want to see change for the better.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Freshman Member

I have my share of complaints but I feel that some are a bit too nit picky...finding what's wrong with...every freakin thing.

• Minion

What is the function of Critism?

There are those who suggest that it has lost it's function... That perhaps it is self serving the author of the Critic...

There has been known political patterns in criticism... And there has been a defined political struggle in the company in recent years...

Having said all this, I always thought critism was ment to bring about positive change... That being silent was not always the best way to work...

But I think it was best said by a professor and friend of mine back at Chico State... "People never argue with someone they do not care about..."

It is imporant that people keep this in perspective... People are critics BECAUSE they care, and NOT INSPITE of caring... It isn't about being negative... It is about bringing change for the better not the worse...
    Check out my other blog:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

We're a pretty harsh bunch around here because we're fanatics. We've allowed the Disney experience to become an intense part of our lives. As a result, we sometimes express the bad feelings with the same quantity of hyperbole with which we also express the good. When we love it... we really love it! When we hate it... we really hate it! And when its just OK... we really hate it! OK... we don't really hate it, we're just dang disappointed. It's like when your kid gets a "D" on a test. That said: I don't mind when someone bitches and moans as long as they present a reasoned argument and a solution. Just hearing the same old "The Rocket Rods sucked!" gets tiresome.

Plenty is "good enough" about Disneyland and The Walt Disney Corporation. Plenty is not. It's human nature to complain more than compliment.

Years ago when I worked in retail, management tried an experiment on the advice of a consultant. When we had to discipline or correct an employee, we were required to compliment that employee four or five times (not all at once, but over time) before we could discipline or correct them again. The employees were not made aware of the experiment. After a few months of this, the employees were all asked their perceived ratio of compliments to corrections. Almost unanimously they replied, "About the same." I think something similar happens here, sometimes. We either tend to post our groans and forget to post our thrills... or we tend to remember posts we read about groans and let pass the compliments.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Hunka hunka burnin love!

Huntington Beach, CA - 30 minutes away from Disneyland!

disney is always good enough!
    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

• debating what to put here

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    He added skippers to the JC and allowed them to tell jokes and ad-libs because he overheard a guest saying "there is no reason to re-ride the Jungle Cruise again, its the same every time"
    Is this true? I thought the ride always had skippers. My understanding was also that, officially, skippers were never supposed to ad-lib but rather follow an approved list of jokes.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Am_I_Demon
    disney is always good enough!
    And it would have been better if....
    Check out my other blog:

• Disney fans for life!

Some people have too much time on their hands...

We just go to the Park and enjoy it for what it is. We've never had a bad day there yet (and don't expect too). It's great family entertainment for us for about three-one week trips per year. Even though we have been AP's for years, we don't act like we need to give orders to change the Park. We'll enjoy it however it is.

Just like all the past fussing about the construction walls. They were necessary for our safety as well as the workers. We never complained.

Some people need to get over themselves...

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Motorboat Cruiser
    Is this true? I thought the ride always had skippers. My understanding was also that, officially, skippers were never supposed to ad-lib but rather follow an approved list of jokes.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack.
    I am not sure where I read this- but I believe the Jungle Cruise opened as a straightforward safari type ride. I have heard narration for the ride (it sounded as if it were Thurl Ravenscroft, but that is just a guess) so I think it was meant to be like the Mine Train through Nature's wonderland- straightforward.

I am not sure about the ad-libbing part, but I am almost positive that the skippers were added later. Although if someone else could confirm that, I would appreciate it. In fact, I think I will start another thread about this to find out.......
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    It's human nature. If there was nothing to gripe about, the message boards would be half empty.
    But then some would try to correct you to say it was half-full...
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by mikoyle
    It seems that no matter what Disney does there will always be some complaining amongst the faithful. "Space Mountain wasn't worth the wait", "The 50th Birthday party was lame", "Peoplemover should never have left", "The Fireworks are just flub", "DCA sucks", "That Cast Member was so rude."
    hmmmm...well for my part...I LOVE space mountain. The 50th b-day party was fine, but crowded so I went to DCA and had a blast. oh and that leads to I LOVE DCA! poelemover ...well, I can careless if it's gone or if it's there....the fireworks were great!! and I ave ran into 2 rude CM's during the entire time I've been going to the park, but most of the time they are smiling and helpful..