• T i DuBL GuH eRR

My First Disneyland Christmas Vacation: Need Help!

Hey (everyone). I'm really close to confirming my very first Christmas vacation at the DLR. We'll be coming from the Bay Area, and since I never been on a plane before, my parents are trying to get there by air. For another *first* of mine, we're hoping to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. We'll be leaving and arriving on December 23rd, enjoy the park that day plus the 24th (Xmas Eve!) and 25th (Xmas!), and leaving on the 26th. I have a lot of concerns though about the entire trip in general and I'm hoping that those of you who have been there before at this time can help me out.

-Do PAP's still get discounts on rooms at the DLH at this time of year, especially since our last night will be on Xmas night? We're just planning to get a standard room, for about 4 people.

-How crowded are the airports at this time of year, especially for those going to DL? We decided that if there will be too much hassle for us to handle, we will just drive down there, which is about a 6-7 hour drive.

-I'm assuming there may be some showers at that time, so will the rain be heavy, or will it be bearable?

-How crowded will the resort be. I don't mind crowds, but I'm just wondering...

Any feedback will be GREATLY appreciated. If another concern of mine arises, I'll edit this post and add it in. Thanks!!!
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

• Minion

Re: My First Disneyland Christmas Vacation: Need Help!

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerGo View Post

-How crowded are the airports at this time of year, especially for those going to DL? We decided that if there will be too much hassle for us to handle, we will just drive down there, which is about a 6-7 hour drive.

For the answer to both of those. I would have to say what I've said before.

"Touch, Touch, Oops didn't mean to touch there or that."

Har har har

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: My First Disneyland Christmas Vacation: Need Help!

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerGo View Post
    Hey (everyone). I'm really close to confirming my very first Christmas vacation at the DLR. We'll be coming from the Bay Area, and since I never been on a plane before, my parents are trying to get there by air. For another *first* of mine, we're hoping to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. We'll be leaving and arriving on December 23rd, enjoy the park that day plus the 24th (Xmas Eve!) and 25th (Xmas!), and leaving on the 26th. I have a lot of concerns though about the entire trip in general and I'm hoping that those of you who have been there before at this time can help me out.

-Do PAP's still get discounts on rooms at the DLH at this time of year, especially since our last night will be on Xmas night? We're just planning to get a standard room, for about 4 people.

-I'm assuming there may be some showers at that time, so will the rain be heavy, or will it be bearable?

Any feedback will be GREATLY appreciated. If another concern of mine arises, I'll edit this post and add it in. Thanks!!!
    I would think that there are PAP discounts available. Don't quote me on this though. Someone else probably knows more.

Don't fly into Los Angeles. Always fly into John Wayne (Orange County). There are going to be a ton of people on here saying to go to different airports but if money is not the issue, John Wayne is by far the best airport to fly into for Disneyland. Keep in mind that I used to commute back and forth from Sacramento and to be honest, factoring in travel time to the airport to the point of landing you only save 3 hours approximately as compared to driving down all the way.

Weather wise, it is very similar to San Francisco, except it is not quite as cold. Surprisingly San Francisco only gets 4 or 5 more inches of rain than Orange County does and what all this means is that the rainy season is shorter in Southern California than it is in Northern California. It is possible that we can get rain and at times it can be heavy. Keep in mind though that sometimes though not often a Santa Ana wind will blow through and the temps can reach easily into the 80s. But I would prepare for cool temperatures. My suggestion is to pack in layers of clothes. Dress warmly in the morning and if it gets warm rent a locker or go back to your hotel and change there.

Oh, and the DLR will be very crowded.