Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• ...TWO BITS!

Future of "World of Color"?

Wasn't sure if anyone else saw this. Looks like Las Vegas Belliago-type fountains. I don't think this was in Vegas BTW. And they use a movie projector during certain times of the show. I thought it may be a glimpse of what to expect. There are a couple things they do in the video that opened up more possibilites for me in my head. But the way the "water screen" is done could be annyoing with the constant water spray...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: Future of "World of Color"?

Wow, that's pretty cool. Go Faith! LOL

Btw, that is indeed Bellagio.

My only fear after watching that video isn't getting annoyed by the spray so much as it is getting tired of hearing the fountains' "kaboom" sound so often. I hope Disney finds a way to either mask this .

...Joe...

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    My only fear after watching that video isn't getting annoyed by the spray so much as it is getting tired of hearing the fountains' "kaboom" sound so often. I hope Disney finds a way to either mask this .
    Those sounds are awesome.

Does the sound of exploding fireworks bother you during Remember?

I believe Joe was referring to the sounds during the projections, which are loud and distracting; however I think, Bellagio does not have mist screens, so the only way to get enough mist to project is shooting the fountains repeatedly, I could be very wrong here, but I donít think we have to be worried about that noise.
    I wish I never had to leave this magical place.

The sounds during the projections are loud and distracting because the presentation drags, I was looking for anything to keep me entertained. Disney can definitely step it up a notch with extremely entertaining projections and the fountain blasts will not be as noticeable.

The water show itself is incredible and visually stunning!
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Wow, that's pretty cool. Go Faith! LOL

Btw, that is indeed Bellagio.

...Joe...
    It would probaly be masked pretty well by (most likely) louder music. Because there are other sounds than just that show on the strip, so I think that with more advanced water effects and more control on the surrounding sounds, it seems that it will at least be masked better

It seems so cool! It would be better to with disney stuff,YEAH im so exited!

I've got an idea for the intro and parts in between.(just imagine this as the intro and right after Walt says "with a cast of colorful charecters" they cut it and make it the intro to the whole show) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=_4WfP-foY6s

and then this could act as the intro and parts in between(like how "wishes" is in between the segments of the different lands in the "remember" fireworks)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=M5jvWuIiGsc

I think that would be awsome(i have it all like planned out in my head what it's gonna be like) so it starts out with the theme song and the mist screens show scenes from Classic Disney films until the intro ends and it goes to the anouncer guy who says "and now, Walt Disney" then they show that footage used for the Alice in Wonderland preview episode and edit it up a bit to present the show, after that tink comes out and uses her magic wand to go to the next scene(the next scenes are clips from several Disney films in a creative way with the beautiful water effects) the end i guess-savy so far?

• Can Only Wish For More!

But also, in the Bellagio vid, the lady is talking about time...the water cannons are shooting in "time"...tick, tock, tick, tock.

I would love to see anything like this in DCA!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post

See Beamway's quote below. (Btw, the booming of fireworks are part of the love of the show, so to me there's a difference.)

Quote Originally Posted by Beamway View Post
    I believe Joe was referring to the sounds during the projections, which are loud and distracting; however I think, Bellagio does not have mist screens, so the only way to get enough mist to project is shooting the fountains repeatedly, I could be very wrong here, but I donít think we have to be worried about that noise.
    Thank you! That's exactly what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
    The sounds during the projections are loud and distracting because the presentation drags, I was looking for anything to keep me entertained. Disney can definitely step it up a notch with extremely entertaining projections and the fountain blasts will not be as noticeable.

The water show itself is incredible and visually stunning!
    Yeah, that's what I meant by "masking" the noise. I'm not totally worried about it, but I just figured I'd mention what I was thinking.

...Joe...

• Banned User

I personally would like Disney to be a bit more innovative with "World of Color" and not similar to the Bellagio show, and that particular video up there seemed way too similar to what they have been doing on Fantasmic! for years...

Quote Originally Posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
    I agree. The technology here was great, but the storyline was dumb. There was very little entertainment value here once you got beyond the water technology.

I have no doubt Steve Davison's creativity and Disney's fat pocketbook will create a DCA show that is amazing. In comparison, DCA's new show should make this Bellagio thing look like a 1970's Dancing Waters show without a plot. Which is pretty much what Bellagio has, except on a much bigger scale.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

Water/Fountain shows are neat, and all the fancy nozzles and
    and projections will look cool, BUT keep in mind that the Belagio
    uses differents songs, with different water fountain choreography.
    Another interesting fountain (although extremely small, comparred
    to the Belagio) is at The Grove ~ it also offers a variety of different
    shows. One major concern I have about this new show in PP,
    is that it will have only one show, rather than a variety of different
    shows. Although the DCA show will include a variety of songs, I
    have serious doubts that a show with much more limited resources,
    (compared to Fantastmic) Will get old real quick, and that the
    repeat viewing of the same exact show will become old MUCH quicker
    and won't sustain a crowds that DCA is trying to attract.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Although the DCA show will include a variety of songs, I
    have serious doubts that a show with much more limited resources,
    (compared to Fantastmic) Will get old real quick, and that the
    repeat viewing of the same exact show will become old MUCH quicker
    and won't sustain a crowds that DCA is trying to attract.
    Then why not just change the show? They could have a Christmas version, a Halloween version, an Americana version, etc.

Once the infrastructure is installed, the viewing area is built, and the system is familiar..... change the show. It's not like there are actors to rehearse or technicicians to train or boat drivers to practice. Just reprogram a new show every once in awhile. Just get Mr. Davison and his core staff in for a week of programming at their computer screens, some music editing, a few nice catered lunches, and you've got another show.

Even the title "Disney's World of Color" can be used as a lead title, with the various seasonal or thematic subtitles tacked on to the end. Disney's World of Color - Holiday! or Disney's World of Color - HalloweenTime! or Disney's World of Color - USA!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

They could do that, BUT in all the press releases and in all
    the talks about "World of Color" this has not been mentioned
    at all. And we all know how seldom any show at DL is every
    changed, even including holiday overlays ~ it is a very rare
    occurance.

Just a water show, with NO variation from one show to the next
    will mean VERY FEW repeat viewings ~ and of course, DL is
    heavily dependent upon locals/AP'ers who come to view shows
    repeat shows.

World of Color will initially have JUST ONE SHOW when it opens.
    However Belagio opened their fountains with several different
    shows. That keeps people coming back and/or staying for longer
    periods of time. THAT ain't gonna happen for DCA's fountain show
    when it opens. You will get the initial crowds to view the show,
    but then the repeat viewers is gonna drop dramatically ~

BUT if they opened the DCA fountains with several different shows ~
    THEN they would sustain crowds for a longer period of time, and
    encourage numerous viewings. I'm NOT talking about just a Christmas
    Show and Summer Show, either. I'm not even suggesting a different
    show depending upon what month it is. They would need a several
    different shows, that could change from night to night (That's something
    that should be possible. ) or if they have the show a couple times a night
    each show should be different ~ just as they vary the show at the Belagio.

What is Critical is that they have a variety of shows that they can cycle
    through, from one show to the next. People are already used to the variety
    of shows when it comes to water fountains ~ and if Disney Doesn't offer a
    bigger better show (with the size of the fountains, the proximity of the people
    to the fountains at PP, this could very well be possible) BUT people will also
    expect a variety of shows with Water Fountains, and if DCA doesn't deliver
    on this, it is a set up for dissapointing guests rather quickly.

The water show at the DL hotel just could not sustain crowds, and without a
    Revolving showcase of shows for the DCA fountain show, It won't be long before
    the draw factor will be negligable.

• Beep Beep!

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    But also, in the Bellagio vid, the lady is talking about time...the water cannons are shooting in "time"...tick, tock, tick, tock.

I would love to see anything like this in DCA!
    Exactly what I as thinking. The video had a certain futuristic "industrial" feel to it and I felt the rhythmic sound of the fountains actually added to the ambiance of the video.
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

• Having an Unbirthday

Who says that World of Color won't have repeatability? Fantasmic has had "just one show" for over 10 years now, and people STILL camp out 2-3 hours beforehand.

As an attraction, all it has to do is be a hit. If it's a hit, then locals will see it time and again, making it a favorite and a must see. Out-of-towners will flock to it regardless.

All that being said... I really wish they'd kept the "Wonderful World of Color". That really harkens back to the old shows, and could tie the theme song in at the beginning.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast