Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Disneyland Closing Early Dec. 3rd and 4th for CM Holiday Party (Merged Threads)

Hi Everyone, I am going to Disneyland Nov 30 - Dec 5th, I just looked on Disneyland's website and Disneyland is scheduled to Close at 6pm on Monday 3rd and Tuesday 4th of December. While DCA stays open till 8pm. When I called the resort to ask why I was told that it was winter hours. Does anyone know why DISNEYLAND is really closing that early on those days? Thanks in advance.

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disneyland Closing Early

Cast member Christmas party.

I have no idea why the cast member on the phone wouldn't know this and tell you this. There's no reason to keep it a secret. It should say so on the Calender. Anyone who has a problem with it should go suck on a lemon.

Cast Member Party. I can see why they wouldn't know: they haven't told the Cast yet. We just assume that that is when it is, since it fits the pattern.

Well, technically, "winter hours" isn't an inaccurate response, since that is an expected part of the winter schedule.

• Be Patient I'm Learning!!

I had heard on other threads on this site that it was for the Cast Member party. I too was scheduled to go on those days, but when I found out about the shortened hours and the lack of some of the activities that my family wanted to do, we pushed our vacation days to the end of the week instead.
    Christina

• Rock Star Minion

(For the hundredth time....)
    Cast Member Holiday parties are scheduled on the first Monday and Tuesday of December.
    Have been for the last few years.

Please make a note of it.

This year, DCA is scheduled to stay open later.

Also note that the influx of cast members (from Burbank and Glendale) cause a bit of two-way traffic in the Esplanade and the shuttle stops. Last time I went it was wall to wall people as the fireworks were presented at closing. Having DCA open should reroute guest traffic there instead of to the shuttle.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Talking Re: Disneyland Closing Early

Thanks everyone for your responses, Trust me I have no problem with Disneyland giving their cast members a Christmas Party. However I do live about 900 miles from the park and get there once every few years or so, so I do not know the inside outs of things and a search on the forum wasn't being helpful. My post may have seemed like I was complaining but I really wasn't just seeking information and seriously the Cast Member that I was talking to did tell me it was just 'Winter Hours' But whenever I have gone to DL, at this similar time of year it has stayed open till 8 or 9pm so 6 sounded a bit suspicious to me and wondered if someone had rented out the park or something. Glad it's for Cast Members they deserve it! To the one who talked about moving their vacation later in the week I can't unfortunately for me and my wife, I have to request my vacation time from work6 months in advance and coordinate with my wifes schedule as to when we could go that is the only time that we can both get off so I guess we will be Park Hopping to DCA those days. Wishing the Cast members on the message board an enjoyable Christmas party, like I said before they deserve it.

Thanks again for everyone who responded

Thumbs down Re: Disneyland Closing Early

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    (For the hundredth time....)
    Cast Member Holiday parties are scheduled on the first Monday and Tuesday of December.
    Have been for the last few years.

Please make a note of it.
    Gheez! He was just asking a simple question...

Sounds like someone needs to calm down a little, and understand that some people don't read every-single post here on MiceChat. Maybe they have a life outside of Disney websites. Can't you just answer his question without adding the extra smart a** remarks?

...and thank you egamer25 for asking about the closing times. I'm sure your question also helped others planning to visit the park around that same time.
    Last edited by Wesley815; 10-26-2007 at 11:08 PM.
    -Wes

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Have fun ega. Tell us how it went when you get back.

• Shubisha

how do you go about getting tickets to the xmas cast party btw? (already got the being a cast member part checked off in case someone wanted to answer with that :P)

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

How many times did this topic been discussed??? It's like deja Vu all over again!

The Search feature is a good idea to use before starting a thread
    Last edited by Dan - Tasmic!; 11-27-2007 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    how do you go about getting tickets to the xmas cast party btw? (already got the being a cast member part checked off in case someone wanted to answer with that :P)
    If you are a cast member, the Team Center will have all the info for you. Otherwise you'd have to be friends/family with a CM who wants to use one of their guest tickets to take you along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    How many times did this topic been discussed??? It's like deja Vu all over again!

Yet you still took the time to reply, keeping this thread going.

Can't anyone just answer a simple question? lol, so funny to see the replies.
    -Wes

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Team Center around the first week of Nov. Check the hub. But, they have 3 parties. 1 is a mix in and the other 2 are private. The private ones are a bit better b/c they have all the food at 35% off usually and they blast fun xmas music on MS. I have been the past 2 yrs and they are sooo much fun! I look forward to going every yr! I hope my friends continue to work there so we can go!

• DLR Cast Member

The info on the Cast Xmas Party was just put on the hub a couple days ago. The mix in party is Nov 25, Dec 3 & 4 are CM's only. We can pick up our tickets from the Team Centers on Nov 7th if anyone cares and hasn't seen it up on the Hub yet..

Angry Re: Disneyland Closing Early

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    You have to know a CM, and I know PLENTY!!

As I said in the original post, search wasn't helpful at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But thanks to my thread I found out the info I needed.

A bit of advice though... It probably took you longer to respond than it would of to just ignore the extra thread and move on.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast