• Beat the bruins!

Countries in It's a Small World

Does anyone have a link or information about all of the different countries represented in It's a Small World; and in which order they appear in the ride? The closest I've found is information on Wikipedia, but it appears incomplete.

• Lowering Expectations

Re: Countries in It's a Small World

It's hard to make a definitive list because many scenes represent whole areas of the world. It's clear that Italy, France, England, Ireland, and Belgium are in the European scene, for example, but the African scene does not specifically allude to any African countries except Egypt.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• I'm not really here

After work I'll watch my trip dvd again and pull out as many as I can find.

I know the South Pacific and European areas have some definite country divisions, as does Asia. South America seems to be one whole as does Africa. North America has Canada and Eskimos seperated out. I'll see what I can do and post back here later on tonight if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Don't forget they've represented the Country of Mermadia...heheheheheh
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaPrincess View Post
    Don't forget they've represented the Country of Mermadia...heheheheheh
    Ha!! Cute.

Because of family, I know that lake Titicaca, which is in Bolivia, is represented in South America. (That's the little guy in a boat on top of a mountain by the llamas) Also, my favorite section, Polynesia, has Philipines (we call her "Imelda Marcos") Hawaii, Tahiti, New Zealand (Is that a polynesian country?) and I think that last scene might be Tongo. Asia seems to have a wide variety of countries as well.

• Koubu Pilot

While you are in the United States, The US isn't represented at all, except in the white room (it's a cowboy and an indian).

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    While you are in the United States, The US isn't represented at all, except in the white room (it's a cowboy and an indian).
    Because we are the host country.

Don't forget, this attraction was the Pepsi-Cola pavilion at the 1964 World's Fair. As the host country for the fair, we took on a special role. Certainly we are there to represent ourselves to the world at a major fair or exposition like that, but we also have to be mindful of the fact that we are the hosts. As such, it would be impolite to celebrate ourselves alongside the other cultures we are celebrating. There were plenty of other major pavilions at the fair that celebrated and focused on the American way of life and our contributions to the world, in addition to the official United States Pavilion. This unique World's Fair attraction was not the appropriate place to focus on our culture however.

And speaking of cultures, that is what Small World features more than official "countries" with borders drawn on a map. There are no national flags or banners in Small World, only representations of cultural differences between the peoples of the world. If it was supposed to be about countries, there would be flags hanging all over the place. Besides, country borders and lines on maps can change and shift over time, while the historical cultural traditions of the past that define regions of the world have already been set in stone.

• The Unknown Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    Ha!! Cute.

Because of family, I know that lake Titicaca, which is in Bolivia, is represented in South America. (That's the little guy in a boat on top of a mountain by the llamas) Also, my favorite section, Polynesia, has Philipines (we call her "Imelda Marcos") Hawaii, Tahiti, New Zealand (Is that a polynesian country?) and I think that last scene might be Tongo. Asia seems to have a wide variety of countries as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    LOL

Ironic, isn't it?
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

--------------------------------------------------------

For Asia, I've noticed Japan, Thailand, and definitely Korea (DH is Korean, I tried to plan a traditional Korean wedding for us, and those dolls are wearing traditional Korean wedding clothes).

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by dizzydisneydee View Post
    LOL

Ironic, isn't it?
    HA! Great point!

At WDW, there's a neat little Jewish bride and groom under a canopy. Thought that was cute and different.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by hobbitfeet View Post
    For Asia, I've noticed Japan, Thailand, and definitely Korea (DH is Korean, I tried to plan a traditional Korean wedding for us, and those dolls are wearing traditional Korean wedding clothes).
    Don't forget Inida and China!

• i FOUND nemo!!

Haha I'm half Philipino and i think it's hillarious how the Philipines only has one doll Gotta love it!

"behind the orange curtain it's not so bad"

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCountyKid View Post
    Haha I'm half Philipino and i think it's hillarious how the Philipines only has one doll Gotta love it!

Well, one doll is better than no doll at all, I suppose...

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCountyKid View Post

Filipino Represent! =P
    Did you know there used to be a boy dressed in a barong tagalog shirt. I think he is now a hawaiian doll.. Hahahah Typical filipino. =)
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!