Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Smile Does anyone dress up in there "Sunday Best" when visiting Disneyland anymore?

Most of us have probably seen old pictures or film reels/youtube videos of the guests of yesterday visiting Disneyland Park wearing there "Sunday Bests" hats, ties, jackets, dresses etc. Does anyone here still dress up in there "Sunday Best" when visiting the park. I think it would be fun to dress up a bit and visit the park, it feels nice wearing nice clothes and would be fun to do one in a while to give the park a different flavor.
    I can't be the only one who feels like dressing up in "Sunday Best" attire to visit the park would be fun. Tell me i'm not the only one!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Does anyone dress up in there "Sunday Best" when visiting Disneyland anymore?

Sometimes I stop by the park after work, in which case I am dressed in my "business casual" attire. I guess by today's standards that would qualify as my "Sunday best."

•   
    • Senior Minion

Re: Does anyone dress up in there "Sunday Best" when visiting Disneyland anymore?

I dress up pretty nicely when I go to the park, and actually feel odd when I'm there in jeans and sneakers. Most times I'm wearing a nice shirt, skirt, stockings and dress type shoes.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

My Sunday best is a t-shirt and boxers. I'd get arrested if I went to the park dressed like that.

Usually I wear jeans/ shorts and a t-shirt.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• I'm a Muscle Fan!

*sigh* I just know this is going to turn into a long debate about lowered SoCal standards and lack of common decency and other malarkey...Well, when I come to DL, I don't exactly wear a dress and little saddle shoes, but my clothes aren't hideous or innappropriate. I like to wear things that are non-constricting, and, if it happens to look nice or fit the standards of those snobbish nostalgic disney fans, then so be it.

[/bitterness]

• Still lost in Neverland

I have noticed that people don't even dress up for Sunday Church Services anymore, so why should they dress up for Disneyland.

We have become a society of slobs. We don't dress up for much of anything anymore. I used to have to wear slacks, a white shirt and shiny shoes when we went as a family to Disneyland. A full suit and tie for Church. Now it's just jeans and T-Shirts pretty much everywhere, except exclusive clubs and restaraunts.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

The best example of dressing up for DL that I notice is the swing dancers at Carnation on Saturday nights. That's always fun to watch. I'm all for dressing nicer at the Parks, at least when the weather's cooperative - I have to wonder how all those 7/17/55 guests felt in dresses and pants when it was 100 degrees out and the drinking fountains were inop!
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

I wouldn't call it my Sunday best, but every time I go to the park I wear either a skirt or a dress. The good jewelry has to stay at home...don't want to lose any of it on a ride.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I never dress up for DL, just because I know my day will entail a lot of walking around, and I've found jeans and sneakers are much more comfortable for a day at the park.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I have gone in a suit a few times if I was picking my daughter up after work. Problem is people ask you a lot of questions thinking you work there, LOL!

• So fetch

The only time I dressed up to go to DL was when I had lunch at Club 33. Other than that I'm going to dress so I'm comfortable all day at the park.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

I laugh when I see women wearing high heels in DL. I assume they have no idea how much walking they'll be doing.

I like the idea of dressing up for special occasions- and Disneyland is pretty darn special to me- but it's not practical IMO.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• my favorite sociopath

Yus, gotta be kidd'n. If you see anyone dressed better than "Business Casual", he or she probably works there.

• Neep meep beep

During the week, I usually visit after court appearances at the courthouse in Fullerton, 3 miles away. I am always in a suit and tie (and yes, I get the "do you work here" question sometimes).

• =)

The pirates on POTC do...

</Wonderful World of Color allusions>

I wear what's practical at Disneyland. T-shirt and simple pants or shorts, usually. Sweatshirt when necessary. While I have plenty of problems with trends in modern Western attire, the idea of dressing casually for an active day at a theme park seems totally fine to me. That's not to say I'm fine with how everyone dresses at Disneyland, but my annoyance isn't caused by the fact that they're not dressed up.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast