Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Photo Update 10/26: The Tree Is Here, GCH Construction And It's Still A Bit Ssssmokey

(Edit: After the first tree shot, the two parts of the update are on post # 6 and #26.)

OK....first of all, to respond to this post in my last thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    Heh, I almost ran into the Christmas Tree on its truck on Monday. I know where it is (or was on Monday at least)... And it is no where near those pics.
    The tree is now, in fact, almost exactly where it was last year. Maybe they kept it down at the beginning of the week in order to keep it from getting blown over.

So....on with the pictures. Last week, the area in question looked like this:

And this morning it looked like this....

So the tree is definitely there. I think Darkbeer mentioned that it would go up on November 16.

More to come.....still downloading.... (Notice the haze today....it's not stinging the eyes, but there is still a smokey tinge to the air and our school district cancelled all outdoor activities, including football, until Monday)
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 10-28-2007 at 07:14 AM.

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Photo Update 10/26: The Tree Is Here, GCH Construction And It's Still A Bit Ssssm

Pictures are coming thru as white boses with an X in them.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Re: Photo Update 10/26: The Tree Is Here, GCH Construction And It's Still A Bit Ssssm

YIKES!!!

this smokiness is awful.

can't wait to see the rest of the pics! and thanks for posting last week's pic and this week. no wonder you could tell the tree was there now.
    kingdom hearts <3er

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Pictures are coming thru as white boses with an X in them.
    I'm using Safari and I can see both shots, but I can't get through to Photobucket to upload the rest of my shots as they are closed for "maintenance."

I get to them whenever Photobucket comes back online....

They are coming through fine now. Don't know what happened. I am at work and using IE. At home I use Firefox and usually have no trouble. I guess whatever was happening cleared up. Nice to see the tree, but isn't it a bit early? I don't think it goes up on Main Street until the day after Thanksgiving, does it? At least that's the way it used to be.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Okay....it's back up.

So...today began with a bit of fog. There was still a tinge of smoke in the air, but nothing like earlier in the week:

As I arrived around 8:30, the crowds were still very light and there was no line at the gates.

Professor Dumbledore wanted to check out the Haunted Mansion, but it was closed:

FYI - The monorail and HM were both down when I left this morning (10/26) I saw virtually all of the Haunted Mansion CMs exiting and heading back stage around 9am, so I figured that wasn't a good sign.

As Frontierland and NOS were still fairly empty, I was able to experiment a bit with lighting this morning...

I caught the Mark Twain hiding behind TSI. From this angle, it looks like they added the wheelhouse to the tree house:

Eventually, the Mark Twain docked and began to warm up for it's long day ahead...

I had time for a few more shots before heading over the the GCH....

By 10:00 the crowds were beginning to arrive in larger numbers...

Up next...GCH, DCA and construction.

• Banned User

Dumbledore!!!!!!!

That's not fog. It's residue from the fires.

Don't kid yourself.

Great pictures! Can't wait to see the rest! Also the tree is here!!!!!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Eerie pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post them along with the tree!

This is my FAVORITE picture. Really cool shot LDF.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Dumbledore!!!!!!!

I second the laughter!
    <3 Chloe

LDF ... This shot is absolutely gorgeous!!! It reminds me of a photo from Europe/London of the early morning fog! Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    But, this one is my absolute favorite. I LOVE IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Thank you for posting these photos for us to view!

I'm in Simi Valley/Ventura County area and although there is haze, there is no smoke scent in the air. I am planning on visiting DL tomorrow with my mother and sister. I am a little concerned about the conditions out in Anaheim. Can you tell me how smokey it was/is? Is it unpleasant enough to take away some of the fun?

Thanks again!
    Sparrow, Johnson, Skellington, Black, White, ... Daniels. I just love Jack's!

P.S. You can always visit me on MySpace at: http://myspace.com/miisvegas.

Man, what great pictures. I also love the shots through the fog/smoke in Black and White and that one of the Columbia is beautiful. I also like the Partner's shot from the back as you don't often see that. Looking forward to more now from GCH and DCA. Thanks for sharing these amazing pics.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by piratepixy View Post
    I'm in Simi Valley/Ventura County area and although there is haze, there is no smoke scent in the air. I am planning on visiting DL tomorrow with my mother and sister. I am a little concerned about the conditions out in Anaheim. Can you tell me how smokey it was/is? Is it unpleasant enough to take away some of the fun?

Thanks again!
    You're very welcome.

I'd say today was at least 50% better than the air we had yesterday and the day before. It's very hazy today, but the smell of smoke isn't everywhere like it was earlier in the week. It's still there, but not enough to make you cough. However, the smog levels are considerably higher than what we would usually have on a hazy day, so I wouldn't go running to catch the tram. If you take it easy, you'll probably be fine....unless the wind changes again. My best guess on tomorrow is that the air will be unhealthy, but probably in the neighborhood of what you would find on a regular stage two smog alert. If the wind shifts, (they say that might happen on Sunday/Monday) the Santiago smoke might head back over in this direction.

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. I'll be gone this afternoon and back at the DLR late tonight to try out some night shots, and then hopefully get the rest up tomorrow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast