Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Midway Mania progress and California Screamin' re-painting

MouseTimes.com has a new pictorial that showcases some of Midway Mania's new detailing work and progress. The building is going to be beautiful. They skimpped a little on the backside that is viewable from California Screamin's loop. It ruins the illusion a little, but aside from it, the front and roof portions have definitely been getting the Victorian theme that Al said it was going to have. If you look closely, the one little "spire" closest to the brake zone before the bunny hills has very ornate wood tiles. I love it all. It makes the rest of Paradise Pier look instantly dated and cheap. (Concept art below of the building )

And as a plus, it looks like California Screamin' got some paint updates along the launch. The supports that used to be white are now teal. The track portion has a fresh batch of white and teal along the portion that curves up into the first scream tube. I wonder if they intend to keep painting the track and supports portion by portion, or if they just patched this area up. The ride needs it so badly- especially the loop as you can see in the pictorial. Dirt, rust and oil is everywhere. Anyways, they must have painted those supports teal to blend in with the water. Do they paint this stuff overnight?

http://www.mousetimes.com/dlrpictori..._07/index.html
    Last edited by DisneyMickey; 10-26-2007 at 01:49 PM.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: Midway Mania progress and California Screamin' re-painting

Wow! Thanks! Great pictures! I can't believe the building is so far along. It just seems like yesterday I was seeing pictures of Maliburritos' sign getting torn off. Time sure flies by!

...Joe...

• MC's Graveyard Crew

Lmao at this shot. This update definitely gets an A for effort. Now if only December would hurry up and get here so I can see all of this awesome progress in person.

-Sean
    2300+ Theme Park Photos & More

• Banned User

I think it's amazing how they built the building under Screamin's supports. The old buildings just folded around the supports, but this new building is engineered to fit in with them here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    I think it's amazing how they built the building under Screamin's supports. The old buildings just folded around the supports, but this new building is engineered to fit in with them here and there.
    Indeed! And the building's integrity is being tested every few minutes! By the screamin rumbles that passes by.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Jason at DisneyGeek is taking pics pretty much weekly too, I was looking on his site (there are some pics here: http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/di...dir=2007_10_26 ) , but it looks like he'll be adding more this weekend.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I agree. It was insane when California Screamin''s loop got removed to make way for a crane that had to be used to install parts of the building. Talk about dedication on Disney's part to get this ride built! LOL

...Joe...

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Wow, nice picture taking skills, esp. The one taken during the loop.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Banned User

The DisneyGeek pictures are great. I love those rooftiles!!! Anyways, it actually makes sense of how they painted the supports teal on the inside and white on the outside to blend in with the water. I can't believe how bright that white is. Let's hope they keep painting the track-especially the loop.

• "I Break Things"

While I am thrilled at the thought of this new Boardwalk, this does beg the question. Even though they are repainting it and turning it into a "Victorian" Amusement Park, does it really diminish the fact that it is a standard carnival ride Amusement Park theme?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    While I am thrilled at the thought of this new Boardwalk, this does beg the question. Even though they are repainting it and turning it into a "Victorian" Amusement Park, does it really diminish the fact that it is a standard carnival ride Amusement Park theme?
    Well a lot of the "standard" rides are going away such as the MaliBOOMer, etc. Besides, Victorian buildings exist well into the 21st century.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Banned User

The Victorian elements only elaborate on the amusement theme. Instead of a plain, cheap looking amusement park that is there now, the Victorian themeing will add the element of theme, fantasy and bygone nostalgia- as is done with Main Street USA- that has been absent from the beginning. .

• Banned User

I just remembered that they really need to paint the portion of the track returning into the station. You can't even tell it was originally painted white. The track and brakes are terribly rusted and powdered in a red/brown residue.

• Little Miss Sunshine

The DisneyGeek pictures are great. I love those rooftiles!!! Anyways, it actually makes sense of how they painted the supports teal on the inside and white on the outside to blend in with the water. I can't believe how bright that white is. Let's hope they keep painting the track-especially the loop.
    He does a great job, I think he stops there from work every Friday just to get photos of the parks. He updates construction quite a bit.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

The roof over the carousel better be replaced!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast