• Banned User

The solution to re-theme Screamin' is easy

I was looking at the latest pictorial from MouseTimes and they have a picture that shows Midway Mania and California Screamin's loading station from the same view. If they covered up the stucco in the station and replaced it with the clapboard seen on Midway Mania and replaced the metal sheet roofs with the elaborate woodwork now seen on Midway Mania's rooflines, the station would be an immediate visual improvement. Then they could do some remodeling to better cover up the concrete plain-ness of the queue, replace the plain blue handrails with more detailed ones, add more vegetation, replace those ugly canvas covers, cover up the plain wall in front of the station, and theme that big, metal roundhouse in the back of the station and voila! A better environment around Screamin's queue and loading station. It would better match the rest of the pier and phase out that ugly corner of the park.

The marquee could be replaced with some better too.

They could also cover those blue supports with more elaborate ornate pillars.
    Last edited by DisneyMickey; 10-26-2007 at 07:21 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: The solution to re-theme Screamin' is easy

That's Voila! not wa-la.

But I agree, the queue for Screamin' is my LEAST FAVORITE thing about all of DCA. It's really really hideous.

• Imaginative Possibilities

true not alot of show elements, Im still in favor of the Giant surfboard to run along the initial incline...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• Fancy that...

The picture's are X'ed out

but I agree. That que sucks

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Did someone say villians?

Not me...I'm just asking is someone said that.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• Banned User

I don't know why the pictures don't work. But this is another reason why the ride needs some plussing:

http://www.mousetimes.com/dlrpictori...24_07_0032.jpg

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    I don't know why the pictures don't work. But this is another reason why the ride needs some plussing:

this has always bugged me. i mean at least make it so ppl can't see this area! it seems like disney imaggineers just kinda gave up at the end @_@
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Maybe it's just me, but I'm having too good of a time on the ride and with too big of a grin on my face to worry about what I'm passing by towards the end of the ride.

If it wasn't for the pic that was posted, I couldn't tell you for a million bucks what was there on that first turn.

If that was the first turn...

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelindude View Post
    this has always bugged me. i mean at least make it so ppl can't see this area! it seems like disney imaggineers just kinda gave up at the end @_@
    I agree. Why not just install some AAs of Huey, Duey, and Louie building a sand castle or something? Maybe show Donald leaning up against one of the palm trees with his surf board ready to hit the, uh, well, erm...surf!

...Joe...

• Still lost in Neverland

From a friend's idea: They could cover the entire Queue area with a Villian's Funhouse look. Sort of like House of Mouse taken over by the villains. They could just enclose that whole area into a walk through type of dark ride. Moving villains around the walls and floating over the cieling all the way up to the stairway (as it would be too dangerous to keep the up and down stairs in darkness). Just something to liven up that area. No need to add any plywood villains cutouts that you would not be able to see anyway as the coaster is usually moving to fast. Keep all that stuff in the Queue line, not on the coaster. And if they take Mickey out of the loop, why not add Maleficent or Chernabog?
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm having too good of a time on the ride and with too big of a grin on my face to worry about what I'm passing by towards the end of the ride.

If it wasn't for the pic that was posted, I couldn't tell you for a million bucks what was there on that first turn.

That is leaving the station. I understand that while on the ride you are going too fast to see much, but still, at the beginning and end of the ride when you are moving slowly along the track, they should have some sort of themeing and detail that covers up all the ugly infrastructure. People do notice these things. If we didn't notice these things, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Currently, there are only dead plants, plain stucco walls, and that big grey maintenance shed to notice as you pass by at 3 mph.

When you are stopped in this brake zone, what else there to notice?
    http://www.mouseinfo.com/photo.php?p...to+the+station

This screams Six Flags, not Disney:
    http://www.mouseinfo.com/photo.php?p...p=Loading+area
    Last edited by DisneyMickey; 10-27-2007 at 03:26 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Cool Re: The solution to re-theme Screamin' is easy

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey View Post

You little stinker! You're such a DoM.
    kidding

OK agreed, you're right about that pic AT THE END of the ride.

But the queue is so tacky sometimes I skip the ride because I don't want to wait very long in it. If it were themed like a wacky boardwalk/pier fun house and you had funny mirrors to walk past or something interesting to do along the way it wouldn't be so bad and it would add to the immersion into the Disney experience which is taking place not just while you're on the ride but throughout your stay at the Disneyland resort. Otherwise you break the magic. The way it is now, it's like being transported to Six Flags for one quick roller-coaster fix during your stay at the Disneyland Resort.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I just saw this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    From a friend's idea: They could cover the entire Queue area with a Villian's Funhouse look. Sort of like House of Mouse taken over by the villains. They could just enclose that whole area into a walk through type of dark ride. Moving villains around the walls and floating over the cieling all the way up to the stairway (as it would be too dangerous to keep the up and down stairs in darkness). Just something to liven up that area. No need to add any plywood villains cutouts that you would not be able to see anyway as the coaster is usually moving to fast. Keep all that stuff in the Queue line, not on the coaster. And if they take Mickey out of the loop, why not add Maleficent or Chernabog?
    These are good ideas!