Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Go Bears!

Maliboomer: Does it really have to go?

Okay, so I think the rumor (has it been made official yet?) is that Maliboomer is going to eventually leave the Paradise Pier attraction lineup.

I don't really understand why it has to go. I, for one, don't think it's ugly. I think it makes the Paradise Pier skyline look pretty cool. It's not a run-off-the-mill carnival ride, it's a pretty advanced S&S space shot. Sure, they're popular in generic amusement parks, but Maliboomer is themed to the area. Maybe it won't fit in after the Paradise Pier redo, but they could repaint it to keep it looking like it belongs in the area.

I'm just not really sure what the point of removing Maliboomer would be, considering it's in such a cramped location already.

• =)

Re: Maliboomer: Does it really have to go?

I don't know if I agree with ripping it out, and I do like what it adds to the DCA skyline if not to the skyline of the whole resort, but I don't ride it...so I'm really not too bothered by the idea of it being removed.

• Shablagoo!

I found it to be really weak. The Space Shot towers at places like Knott's and Cedar Point are tons better. IOA's Doom's Fearfall is also significantly better. I really dislike the shields over your face. If all the other parks don't have them, why does Disney?

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by KevRus View Post
    It's not a run-off-the-mill carnival ride, it's a pretty advanced S&S space shot. Sure, they're popular in generic amusement parks, but Maliboomer is themed to the area.
    Many drop rides... Most are themed to the area.

It is pretty run of the mill even if it is somewhat more advanced (newer).

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• =)

I really dislike the shields over your face. If all the other parks don't have them, why does Disney?
    The residential areas around the resort get their knickers in a bunch when the screams get too loud. Hence the "scream tubes" on Screamin' and the face shields on Maliboomer.

• Disneyland is your land.

I'd love to see that thing go! It's just so freaking big, you can see from every corner of the resort (even from inside Disneyland if your on the Big Thunder trail area!)

And the reason those shields are on the ride is for the screams of guests. Instead of going outward they go upward.
    Class of 2005...

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Yes....

I will shed no tears when that thing is ripped out. Yes, I understand that Maliboomer that Maliboomer shoots you straight up for a three second thirll, but as far as drop rides go Tower is a much better immersive Disney experience and to quote a late night night western, this town aint big enough for the two of them. And as far as S&S type rides go, Supreme Scream at Knott's is higher and faster...which is probalby why there's never much of a a line.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• addict.

i dont think its ugly or too big at all...and actually i think it's super fun... that 3 second thrill is fantastic! my friend and i will go on in over and over again. I'm sure gonna miss when it's gone
    Last edited by saraleshea; 10-27-2007 at 12:43 AM.
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome."

"Aye... That be true."

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I found it to be really weak. The Space Shot towers at places like Knott's and Cedar Point are tons better. IOA's Doom's Fearfall is also significantly better. I really dislike the shields over your face. If all the other parks don't have them, why does Disney?

Exactly it is a weak ride and That ride was my first time a couple of weeks ago and I didn't feel nothing. The view is nice but thats it. Just a view for a minute.

• Banned User

Get rid of it. It's a bit on the cheap looking side. Plus it looks so top heavy and awkward with those buzzard bells on the top. It actually looks like it is falling over in this picture:

http://www.startedbyamouse.com/graph...boomer1024.jpg

The entire execution of the ride is just cheap. From those printed panels, oversized bells at the top, faded, look-at-me-I-am-not-hidden-yellow spotlights, and big black speakers making those squeaking noises, it is a very unattractive structure. The ride looks impressive from a distance, but it is really not that special. I will miss the thrill of riding it, but I would rather have a more detailed D-Ticket. I think the sightline of the Pier will be much better without it and the Orange Stinger. Anyone have Photoshop to give us an idea???
    Last edited by DisneyMickey; 10-27-2007 at 01:26 AM.

• Banned User

<---Will be doing the happy dance when they slowly take every piece of metal and bolt from that ride. That wll be a happy, happy day!

• Progressive Disneylander

Ok, this is THE one thing about the DCA changes that I specifically -- dare I say the word -- HATE. Yes, it has not been announced, but we all know it's coming.

Personally, I really like the Maliboomer. It's a fun ride. There isn't an attraction in the park that can give me a thrill (even if it's for only like 2 to 3 seconds) that it provides. I really value that about it.

The thing that kills me about them nixing it is that there isn't any good reason why it will be removed. It's just because it doesn't 'fit' in. Well, make it fit!! It doesn't even take up very much real estate in Paradise Pier. Get rid of the Golden Zephyr if you're looking to get rid of a ride.

I'm a pretty big fan of DCA, but a Maliboomer removal without an adequate replacement is simply unforgivable.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I'd like to think that Disney already has plans for this corner and that's why the MaliBOOMer is getting pushed away into Yesterland. Heck, maybe the beer garden (which is the one idea from DCAs revamp that I hate the most) is going to sneak it's way over into that corner as well?

Anyway, if we were to retheme the ride I'd probably change it to a Fairies or Tinker Bell attraction. How I'd do it, I don't know, but I think it could work.

...Joe...

• Winter in Oceanside...

Yes, it has to go. Ugly cheap looking ride. Yes, ride: not attraction.

I have to agree with you all. It needs to go.
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast