Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Lightbulb Herbie Simulator Idea

Here's a fun idea for a DCA ride - - put 1963 Volkswagen bodies on hydaulics and project a wacky race thru San Francisco and a speedway on a cylander around it (viewable thru the windows). Load four or five guests into a "Herbie" VW - strap on the seatbelts and watch the fun - - with some interactive Herbie efx (and the Herbie theme) in the car itself!

• Sock Puppet

Genius, sheer genius!

• Minion

Sounds like it would be fun. Maybe design something similar to the Back to the Future ride at Universal. But instead of getting into a Dellorian (Spelling?) you get into an Herbie bug.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by VWSpawn
    Sounds like it would be fun. Maybe design something similar to the Back to the Future ride at Universal. But instead of getting into a Dellorian (Spelling?) you get into an Herbie bug.
    Or something like Indiana Jones, but a little more tame.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Oh I love that idea!!! Especially going through SF!! Lombard street! How fun!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    Oh I love that idea!!! Especially going through SF!! Lombard street! How fun!
    Disneylandmom, I love your quote, I have seen that episode!

Kyle

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Thanks Kyle!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

The horn and glove compartment door and lights and radio and hood and windows and such would, of course, have a life of their own...

Sounds like Back to the Future over at USH.

But, anything for Herbie!!

I must say, that's one of the best ideas I've heard for a DCA ride!

Hopefully the new one they're making will be decent. I don't know enough about it to judge it, but judging by the other remakes of 60's classics (Flubber, the Nutty Professer, etc.) I don't have much hope for it. Still, a new movie would give them a reason to put in something about it in DCA (although, unfortunately, they would most likely base it on the new one instead of one of the classics)

Still, a wonderful idea, merlinjones!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    Here's a fun idea for a DCA ride - - put 1963 Volkswagen bodies on hydaulics and project a wacky race thru San Francisco and a speedway on a cylander around it (viewable thru the windows). Load four or five guests into a "Herbie" VW - strap on the seatbelts and watch the fun - - with some interactive Herbie efx (and the Herbie theme) in the car itself!
    Actually, I thought they may have wanted to do this to replace Superstar Limo... You know before they thought of doing the Monster's Inc overlay... (I still done understand what this would have to do with the California theme?) But I agree making it sort of a motion simulator I think would be a better idea... You can even put an inside joke tribute to the Gnome Mobile as it Herbie goes over the Golden Gate Bridge heads out into a redwood forest....

Speaking of SF themed attractions... I would also like to see an cable car carying people from Sunshine Plasa to Paradise Peer... (But hey, what do I know?) It would cost WAY too much for Eisner to approve... But I figgure you can supplement it by selling over priced Disney themed boxes of Rice-a-roni conveniantly located on carts where you get off... Just kidding!!!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    I like your idea Merlin, keeping it original. I don;t care for copying other parks rides. That just keeps rides from being interesting. Copying Universal wouldn't be orginal. Maybe have the herbie car doing some wheelies!!!
    My parents and I had a 1973 VW Superbeetle, we loved it.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 02-14-2005 at 08:54 PM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Magical Memories fanzine

Not a big fan of the Herbie movies, but I gotta admit it sounds like fun. Especially the little interactive elements having a life of their own. Been a while... but doesnt herbie somehow in one of the movies end up on a ledge way at the top of a skyscraper type building? How cool would that be as part of the ride?

• Know More Than You Should

If you look in the WDC Annual Report, it says their doing another Herbie movie, so doing a Herbie ride would be an interesting tie in.

• Minion

I hope they are using the Herbie theme in some fashion in the new film.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast