Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Mischievous Mouse

Greatest single magical moment

There really is so many for me, but so far one really shines out among the rest, the 50th fireworks with my family, hearing Julie Andrews narrate and just feeling the magic of the moment! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=EfpVw4k-JPw

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• =)

Re: Greatest single magical moment

There's a point in Space Mountain, about two-thirds of the way through the coaster itself (i.e. after the lift hills), when the music reaches a high point, pauses, and then starts up again with even more energy. This happens as you plunge into a strange dip in the track. It's a very fun and exciting part of the ride that, for some reason, strikes me as magical. It always makes me laugh in amazement, even though I know it's coming.

Seeing the ballroom in the Haunted Mansion is magical, in more ways than one. Very, very convincing effect, even when you're already intimately familiar with how it works. Beautiful, too, in a creepy sort of way.

Swooping past Harold is pretty special, too. I'm sure if I ever get a chance to ride Expedition Everest, I'll love it, but there's something really...unique about barreling right past the outstretched claws of a human-sized monster, feet away. Scared me so bad when I was a kid. I just wish the strobe lights would be turned off...they detract from the realism.

• Still lost in Neverland

Having Mickey Mouse come over to me, sitting on a bench in Town Square and suffering from a huge hangover from too much weekend drinking (I was only 18), and saving my life that day. Mickey and I have a very special bond.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• =)

Having Mickey Mouse come over to me, sitting on a bench in Town Square and suffering from a huge hangover from too much weekend drinking (I was only 18), and saving my life that day. Mickey and I have a very special bond.
    Seriously?

There is a lot for me too like going to the Gibson Girl when we leave the park. But one that shines out the most for me was when i was on the Matterhorn during the 50th anniversery and the fireworks were going off. The fireworks made the caves all different colors and when I looked out at all the people standing by the castle was simply amazing.

• =)

Okay, I'm revising all the crap I posted before. I actually do have a "greatest single magical moment", and I can't believe I didn't mention it, because it pretty much pwns everything I said before.

So, my first trip to Disneyland was on my third birthday. I went with my parents and grandparents, I believe. I really don't remember anything of that trip (though my parents tell me I had a blast) except the end of the day. I was tottering along Main Street, holding hands with my grandfather, looking into all the windows. I saw candy and lights and colors and all sorts of fantastic stuff. We walked out of the park and into the old parking lot, and just then, the fireworks started going off behind us. I wish I remembered this even better than I do, but I think my thought process at that point was something like, What the &$^&@$#!(* is this amazing place?

On a totally different note, I miss the Rocket Rods.

• Future Imagineer!!

Theres a spot in the Plaza Gardens that I will always love and remember because its the spot where i first met Mickey when i was 2 1/2 years old it was then that i realized how amazing a place like disneyland could make me feel

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

At the top of the list, my wife saying "yes" when I proposed in the Disneyland Hotel. Not far behind would be walking out after a director's dinner for Candlelight held in the Plaza Inn. The lights were still on...the castle, the lights in the trees, and mainstreet...and for a brief moment, I felt completely alone in the park. There have been more than a few moments over the years, but those two are right at the top.

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

Mine would have to be the first time I saw fantasmic with my mom. I had seen it several times before, but this was her first and she was awestruck and teary-eyed at the end of it...(she grew up frequenting Disneyland and was one of the first people to enjoy the parks... it's almost like she grew up with it... like she considers it a sibling or a close friend...) I am always teary eyed at the end of fantasmic so that made it even more special...
    I honestly have SO MANY special memories at Disneyland, this was just the one that popped into my head first when I read the thread...
    <3 Chloe

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    There's a point in Space Mountain, about two-thirds of the way through the coaster itself (i.e. after the lift hills), when the music reaches a high point, pauses, and then starts up again with even more energy. This happens as you plunge into a strange dip in the track. It's a very fun and exciting part of the ride that, for some reason, strikes me as magical. It always makes me laugh in amazement, even though I know it's coming.
    I quite agree. It's my favorite part of my favorite attraction.

But as for the greatest single magical moment... I have a wonderful memory of being with Donald and Goofy in Toontown when I was about seven. This was before the days when characters were regulated into greeting locations and times; it was much more spontaneous then. I wore a donald hat with a bill that squeaked when you pressed it, and Donald would keep coming up behind me and squeaking it. Donald's boat used to have a slide in it, and I recall that after having slid down myself, I realized that Goofy had tried to follow and got stuck inside! It took him a while to finally get out, and I found that absolutely hilarious.

The attractions and shows at Disney are truly amazing and magical, but I still have to wonder what it is about Disney characters that make the magic so real, for children and adults alike. I know people my age who work as characters in parades and so forth, and yet when I'm in the parks, to me, it really is Mickey in Fantasmic!, it really is Mary Poppins and Bert having a jolly holiday on Main Street, it really is Tinker Bell in R...DCT. Suspending my disbelief for a while and being a kid again is the greatest joy a college student coping with newly acquired adult responsibilities could ask for.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

For me, it was watching the fireworks and I hear Walt's speech. It got me right in the heart.

• Still lost in Neverland

from Datameister.
    Seriously?
    Yes. At the early age of 18 I started hanging around with kids my own age who had access to alcohol and we went out drinking every night. I had a private entrance to my room at home, so no one (as far as I know as they never said anything) knew when I came home falling down drunk. It finally caused some problems so that my mother took me to our doctor (the same man who birthed me) and he saw what was wrong right away. After a short physical, he sat me down and asked if I wanted to live to be 19? I said of course, I had planned on it. He said it won't happen if you keep drinking this way you are killing yourself. Well, I was 18 and indestructible, right?

The drinking not only continued, it got worse. I won't go into detail but it was bad. Then after a particularly bad weekend, where is was a mixture of beer and liquor, on Monday morning I found myself at the gates to Disneyland. How I got there is a mystery. I don't remember driving but I did find the car later and drove home, so somehow I must have driven there without getting killed. I must have looked awful, but I got in and made it to a bench in Town Square and sort of collapsed onto it. Across the street was the Opera House and out in front was Mickey and some kids. He was signing autographs and getting his picture taken, business as usual. Just before I sort of passed out I saw him turn and look at me. Then my closed and the next thing I knew I heard very loud tapping in front of me. I opened my eyes and saw one ticked off Mouse standing right in front of me, hands on hips, foot tapping and head cocked to one side (Body Language can say so much). I looked up at him and said, "Whaaat"? All kind of blurry and slurred. He moved so fast that even if I could have moved, I wouldn't have been able to get away. He grabbed me and hugged me so tight I thought my ribs would crack. This put his head right next to my head, and then he did the one thing costumed characters are never supposed to do.

He Spoke. Very softly into my ear. "Stop now, and everything will be all right"! He stepped back and gave me a thumbs up. He turned and went back over to the kids, turned again and gave me two thumbs up.

I stopped drinking that day and have not touched alcohol since. Do this day I believe if it were not for that one moment, I wouldn't be here today. I would have died from Liver Poisoning.

Many years later I found out who was in the costume that day. He was Walt Disney's Personal Mickey. Every photo you see from that time (about 40 years ago) is that Mickey with Walt. When he was not making appearances with Walt, he worked at the Park. Now here is the strange thing. He was a little person. He was an Ex-Alcoholic who had been given a second chance by Walt Disney.

That day for the first time in months, he was not needed to photo sessions with Walt. He was at the Park. I was for some reason at the Park after a weekend drinking binge that just was the worst. There was a reason. He gave me a second chance just as Walt had given him. I found out because he had died and by reading his obituary I was able to piece things together. I now know that there was a very kind man in that costume, but at the time it was Mickey. My love for Mickey Mouse knows no bounds. That's why I wear a Mickey earring. I love Mickey Mouse more than anyone can know.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Imaginative Possibilities

I remember the the once a year trip to disneyland because both my parents worked for the Gas Company, and the park was rented out for the night. It was the feeling of standing out in line at the front entrnace and seeing th monorail go by, feeling so excited to get it. Then once we all did, being on main street and hearing the train conducter make his announcements. I was the happiest when I lived those moments and realized I WAS FINALLY HERE...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I would have to say the single greatest magical moment was sitting at Snow White's Wishing Well, hand in hand with the person you knew you were going to spend the rest of your life with.

But, Lost Boy, I don't think any story will be able to compare to that one. Truly a magical moment, and so wonderful!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Sitting at Snow White's Grotto when the park closed, in my boyfriend's arms. That was the first time I felt the magic of Disneyland
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast