Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 10/27: Midway Mania, Christmas tree, "iasw holiday," Innoventions, +

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    then why did al put it in his last update?
    I must've missed that. Link and quote?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Mickey is not my Brother

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 10/27: Midway Mania, Christmas tree, "iasw holiday," Innoventions, +

Nice Report. I really like The Nightmare Before Christmas wreath.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Awesome update, once again!

• I'm not really here

Awesome photos! The detail on Midway Mania is incredible. If it is any indication of the direction PP is headed, I'm definitely all for it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

i want the fountain from nightmare!! wow!

thanks for the fabulous update mastergracey. you always do a splendid job bringing us up on what's happening at the park.

kingdom hearts <3er

Another great photo update. I must have missed the thing about a "winter" overlay for Alice in Wonderland. I thought it was just getting its routine tune-up.

I hope Midway Mania lives up to the hype it's been getting. I guess it can't be "worse" than what was there before, though....

• Mischievous Mouse

Cool pictures, thanks for sharing them.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Found my prince!

Great pictures. Cant wait for my trip!

• Neep meep beep

Woo hoo - roof tiles! Seriously, thank you for another great report. I love the merchandise photos, since I usually pass by at high speed on my way to the rides...

Great Job! Thanks again.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Great photos but now I have to ask if anyone knows why they decorate it without the bulbs already in the strand?

• Neep meep beep

I had an ex girlfriend that used to do this at her house every year. She insisted that screwing every light bulb into a pre-stapled white wire around the rooftop was less work than just putting up the entire strand every year.

I'm guessing in this case it has to do with issues of weight and breakage. It's easier to handle the wire without the added weight of the glass bulbs, and it's easier to test the individual bulbs before installing them without the wire. It's almost certain that you won't have as many installed broken bulbs if you're installing them one by one.

• i need Disneyland!

oooo thanks for the photos! maybe i'll ride midway mania??? if it's not too loopy and droppy. =P
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

I thought I was holding it correctly.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    I had an ex girlfriend that used to do this at her house every year. She insisted that screwing every light bulb into a pre-stapled white wire around the rooftop was less work than just putting up the entire strand every year.

I'm guessing in this case it has to do with issues of weight and breakage. It's easier to handle the wire without the added weight of the glass bulbs, and it's easier to test the individual bulbs before installing them without the wire. It's almost certain that you won't have as many installed broken bulbs if you're installing them one by one.
    Makes sense when you type it like that. Thanks again to MasterGracey for getting the shot that made me ask the question in the first place.

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post

probably the case. they do change the color scheme every now and then though and this also allows them to set everything up each year regardless of what color bulbs they're going to use in a section so shrug

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast