Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 10/27: Midway Mania, Christmas tree, "iasw holiday," Innoventions, +MORE

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND!
    We arrived around 11:30am and I went up to the top of the Parking Structure to see if I could spot the recently-arrived Christmas tree.

The top of the structure was kind of creepy with no cars around...

..And there's the tree!

Inside Disneyland, a look at the wait board:

The Castle got new DreamBanners. From far away, they looked wintery. I thought they were an early Holiday decor arrival... Upclose, they aren't wintery... and they don't look very appropriate for a medieval Castle with those Photoshopped DreamClouds and DreamSparkles.

"it's a small world holiday" moves in
    On the way to small world, Alice in Wonderland is closed...

All of the strings of lights are up on the facade... I found it interesting that they're strung up with no lights, though...

Some of the facade has lights though -

The flume is drained, of course...

INNOVENTIONS
    Over in Tomorrowland, Innoventions isn't spinning and the entire lower level is closed off and covered up with construction walls.

Guests enter Innoventions by going up the exit ramp and entering through the top level exits.

I'm guessing that Microsoft is finally moving into the lower level which was formerly VMK Central. VMK is still in Innoventions, though, but its been reduced to a very small corner between Project Tomorrow and the XBOX area

ELEVATOR GALLERY & FORT HOME DEPOT
    The Disney Gallery's new elevator is taking shape...

From inside Pirates, you can get a glimpse outside through the "bricks" in the wall...

And Fort Wilderness continues to be painfully underwhelming....

The Capstan wheel in Smuggler's Cove was broken again...

Back on the Main Land, a new River Notices board has appeared next to the Tom Sawyer Island raft landing. It really nicely detailed.

TOY STORY DETAIL MANIA
    The new detail starting to pop up on Midway Mania is already looking amazing. I'm already impressed with the new look of the Pier.

Look at the roof tile patterns! AWESOME!

Look at this! Lookin' good!

A new facade is going up where some of the Games of the Boardwalk used to be..

A crack in the construction wall next to the New Haul Fishery gave this view:

NEW COLLECTIBLES & ART
    A new Nightmare Before Christmas wreath ($75):

The dirty foot pirate has gotten his due as well in a new sculpture:

Is it dirty enough for you?

Some Marie Osmond dolls:

THIS & THAT
    Does nobody know the difference between "disk" and "disc"? This easy mistake happens quite often with these window displays...

This Pirates sweatshirt kinda irritated me... It has the opening dates for Disneyland and Walt Disney World .... if they're going to have multi-Resort merch options, then just don't put the years and Resort names. If we must have merch that isn't Resort-specific, then the generic "Pirates of the Caribbean" merch with no "Disneyland" or "Walt Disney World" is good enough - don't mess it up with this kind of nonsense.

...And... that's all. Goodnight!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Lowering Expectations

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 10/27: Midway Mania, Christmas tree, "iasw holiday," Innoventions, +

Counting roof tiles, are we?
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 10/27: Midway Mania, Christmas tree, "iasw holiday," Innoventions, +

Nice update, thanks for the photos!

...Joe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Another great update! Thanks MG!

• Goofy

Wonderful pictures thanks.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

This Pirates sweatshirt kinda irritated me... It has the opening dates for Disneyland and Walt Disney World .... if they're going to have multi-Resort merch options, then just don't put the years and Resort names. If we must have merch that isn't Resort-specific, then the generic "Pirates of the Caribbean" merch with no "Disneyland" or "Walt Disney World" is good enough - don't mess it up with this kind of nonsense.
    Just the idea of mentioning the Magic Kingdom's inferior attraction in relation to Disneyland's is a huge mistake. If anything the dates should be 1967 and 1992, for the two great attractions.

Thanks for the pictures.

• Banned User

Nice to hear positives about Midway Mania. The building is going to look amazing. It already is shaping up with amazing detail. I love the roof shingle pattern on the one roof. They are moving very quickly on the building. When do they start to tear up the rest of the midway facades?

And by the way, they need to ditch the ugly banners in front of the castle.

• Banned User

Do any of those Marie Osmond dolls faint when having been exhausted from dancing?

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't pass up the chance to do that joke!

• =)

Does nobody know the difference between "disk" and "disc"?
    There is no official consensus. "Disc" sometimes tends to refer to optical media, like you're saying, whereas "disk" sometimes tends to refer to other data storage types. There's no official definition, though. And they're both derived from discus. They're alternate spellings, not homonyms.

• Rather Be At Disneyland

Wonderful pictures! I especially liked that one at the end with part of the Pumpkin Mickey and a lit-up Main Street Sign.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

awsome pictures
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

thanks again for the tr!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Shubisha

I can't wait for when Alice's Adventures in Winter Wonderland opens for the holiday season =)

• Banned User

Sorry, there won't be a Winter Wonderland layover. It's just some seasonal work, my friend.

• Shubisha

then why did al put it in his last update?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast