Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• That Guy

Re: What are the best good neighbor hotels to stay at?

thanks so much I will check it out

We just stayed at The Carousel Inn and Suites. It wasn't bad. You get a free breakfast (muffins, danish, toast, oatmeal, juice, coffee, oranges, and apples). There is a pool on the roof. It's right across the street from the park on S. Harbor. The beds were ok. You get a fridge and a microwave. The only "draw back" was that the elevators were really slow. On a 1-10 scale I would give it a 7-7.5, but I'm generally just happy to have a place to lay my head down.

• That Guy

I checked it out, and Park Inn doesn't have seperate rooms. I will keep checking...

• A Disney Life For Me

Re: Where to stay when you snore??

The La Quinta Inn and Suites on Clementine has a King Suite that has a separate bedroom with a king and a living room with a pull out queen sofa. Price isn't too bad if you have AAA and make the reservation enough ahead of time. Call the hotel directly and you can probably get a better rate than on the internet. I haven't stayed there yet, but have reservations for September. The Anabella (next to the convention center) has rooms with two sleeping areas. It's not real elaborate, but it's pretty nice. The Econolodge just west of Disneyland Drive on Katella has rooms with two separate sleeping areas. But although it's clean, it's not nearly as nice as some of the others. Best Western Park Place Inn (right across the street from the entrance to DL) has a separation between a bed and a pull out sofa (like a half wall). It's pretty nice.

• A Disney Life For Me

JBF,
    If you're not planning on walking to the park, the Comfort Inn and Suites at 300 E. Katella Way is pretty nice. The prices are very good if you reserve the room ahead of time and use a AAA (or comparable) rate. The rooms are really nice and they have a free deluxe continental breakfast. It's a bit far to walk when you're tired (though not impossible), but if you take the shuttle or drive, it's a pretty good deal. We've stayed there the last couple of times we went to the park. It's on Katella just off of Anaheim Blvd. If you call the hotel and ask, you can reserve a "park view" -although it's a ways down from the park, you can still see the ferris wheel and tower of terror in DCA and fireworks if you're on a higher floor.

• no flash photography...

the tropicanna was ok, comfy beds, clean a good place to crash, the park inn anaheim we have stayed at 3 times. As long as the room is on the top floor it is great. We stayed at the carousel and did not like it. HoJo's was a very nice hotel, but we didn't like the walk....and thats all we stayed in..

• I am a Pluto lover

We just stayed at the Howard Johnson last month. The room was clean, (no breakfast though), the staff was friendly and helpful, the pools were great. You can see the fireworks perfectly from the pool. We were lucky and had a great view from our balcony. We got a discount price by mentioning the Mousesavers.com discount. (not sure if it is still going on) A short walk to the park and to Mimi's for meals.

Tropicana is nice and the Best Western is nice also. Shortest walk to and from the park is the Best Western.
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

Just got back Sunday from CA...we stayed at the Candy Cane Inn from 7/9 to 7/13. We were very happy there You could walk to the parks (10 mins.) or take their shuttle (Every half hour). They also have a decent continental breakfast that's free. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. We found it to be a great value overall.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

About the two rooms, I believe I found one at Castle inn?? Not sure, you might need to put more people in your search, as a 2 room is usually for 4-6 people. It is also alot more pricey, it was about 200-250 a night. Maybe you should just get some of those breathe right strips, it's deffinatly cheaper. Or get mom some .
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• SuperDork

Any info on the Embassy Suites South? They say they are one mile from Disneyland, has anyone stayed there? Do they have their own shuttle?

• CM for 4 years!

The Portofino Inn offers some "separated" type rooms and is most definitely within walking distance!

http://www.portofinoinnanaheim.com/

It's a Good Neighbor Hotel, the rooms are pretty clean was my impression... No continental breakfast, but it is connected to the Jolly Roger restaurant.

The King Suite has two rooms, and runs less than $200 a night in peak season... most of the time, only about $150/night. But one of the rooms has a sofa, which is a fold out bed.

You aren't going to find a two room suite with a bed in each, unless you want to buy like the mad celebrity super three bedroom suite. If not, you might have to either:

A) settle for a sofabed
    B) get two separate rooms.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• That Guy

Thanks to all for the info and advice, it was much appreciated!! You guys make this place great, thank you!

• Traveler to the south

Candy Cane Inn is the way to go, I've made reservations for my trip in September but it's gotten pricier!! Great place to stay though and very quiet and friendly!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

Embassy Suites South is really nice. We stayed in May '05. Full free breakfast and Managers Reception in the evening. Not sure about a shuttle as I drove to dland. We got a suite with two double beds and a pull out queen in the living area, and my mom got a king bed suite with the pull out queen in the living room.

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

I stayed at the Best Western Stovall's Inn. You could walk across the street and in about 5 minutes be in downtown disney. Cross there and you're in the esplanade.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast