Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• The Duck Rules

Re: What are the best good neighbor hotels to stay at?

Go to http://www.dlresortinfo.com and look at the pictures of the hotels. There are exterior and some room pictures. At least you will have an idea as to what the hotel really looks like as these are not "staged" pictures.

judimouse
    Last edited by judimouse; 07-20-2005 at 03:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

I do not recommend the Crowne Plaza at Harbor and Chapman. Frodo Potter works at a nearby pharmacy, and has dealt with guests from that hotel needing prescriptions for pink eye, rashes, and other infections that have occurred while they stayed there.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Anyone ever stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim? The place behind Fantasyland that looks like a medieval castle?
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Question Re: What are the best good neighbor hotels to stay at?

Has anyone stayed at any of these properties...

These are the economy properties offered in the Disney Good Neighbor Packages...

- Best Western Raffles Inn & Suites
    - Jolly Roger Hotel
    - Katella Palms Hotel
    - Ramada Inn Maingate
    - Red Roof Inn Anaheim - Maingate
    - Travelodge International Inn Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    Anyone ever stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim? The place behind Fantasyland that looks like a medieval castle?
    That is the best good neighbor hotel ever! Its so nice looking, you have a clear view of the fireworks show, its clean, has great food, and its over all so good! I loved it!
    Do you fear death? You fear that dark abyss? All your deeds laid bail. All your sins PUNISHED.

Looks as though we'll be staying at the Howard Johnson Anaheim.I've read several reviews,the majority of which were positive.The primary issue I've read is it being close to the freeway so there are complaints of noise.

Has anyone here stayed at this particular hotel recently,or in the past for that matter,and if so,what was your experience like?

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Book Fever
    Looks as though we'll be staying at the Howard Johnson Anaheim.I've read several reviews,the majority of which were positive.The primary issue I've read is it being close to the freeway so there are complaints of noise.

Has anyone here stayed at this particular hotel recently,or in the past for that matter,and if so,what was your experience like?
    We stay at the HOJO's most every trip to DL. A word of warning, If you are put in Bldg 1 and are not facing towards DL that means you will be facing the freeway and it can be very noisy. I am a lite sleeper and can not stay in a room on that side at all.

I usually request to stay in bldg 2. I have never had a problem with freeway noise in any room in that bldg. Other than that, our stays have been great. The staff are very accomodating and the rooms are a good size.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

Max this one is for you:
    My family always stays at the Peacock suites, and if you ask...they have a two room suite that has a nice murphy bed in the other room.Plus all the couches in the LRs are pull out daybeds. They also all have refridgerators and microwaves,toasters,and coffee makers. They also offer free breakfast and have their own gift shop. The pool is small but hardly ever busy. They also have a shuttle to DLR.
    JCF:
    It is easier for me to say which hotels i dont recommend, Ramada Inn is one of them, But it looks like you have made your choice. Sorry I was late!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Book Fever
    Has anyone stayed at any of these properties...

These are the economy properties offered in the Disney Good Neighbor Packages...

- Best Western Raffles Inn & Suites
    - Jolly Roger Hotel
    - Katella Palms Hotel
    - Ramada Inn Maingate
    - Red Roof Inn Anaheim - Maingate
    - Travelodge International Inn Anaheim
    I stayed at the ramada inn main gate in April, I loved it, but I also loved the fact I was at the end of the buildings in the back and top floor so I did not hear all the noise from the cheerleaders I liked this place and thought it was so clean.
    I have also stayed at the carousel, I loved this one to and will be staying here again in April of 2006. Its right across the street, and the breakfast of rolls and juice and coffe and friut were ok, but I stayed so I could watch fire works from the top floor ( I only do top floors less noise and no kids running over my head

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    I checked it out, and Park Inn doesn't have seperate rooms. I will keep checking...
    The Park Inn does. Look for their 1 bedroom units. It has 2 queens in one room and another one in a second room. Also, Park Vue has 2 room units. The Anabella had 3 rooms, the main room with a queen bed, a second room with bunks, and a third room with a day bed. It was actually very comfortable and VERY CLEAN! I was very impressed here at the 50th.

Residence inn has seperate rooms, so does the Anaheim Desert inn. The Parlor rooms have a door seperating the sofa sleeper (which my son said was very comfy) from the main room (2 queens). The Desert inn also has the larger 2 bedroom units.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• That Guy

Thanks for the great ideas, you guys are the best!!!!!

• Waiting for the stork

Embasy suites south does not have a shuttle it uses ART like most of the others..
    we did not stay there but had reservations so I checked on that.

~Candy Cane inn is nice, reasonably priced ($100 mid July), clean, but VERY small rooms.
    The breakfast was good, definatly a cut above the regular continental breakfast.

~Tropican, Hated it, we went there for our honeymoon and I will never go back.

~park Inn Anaheim (or is it international...they changed the name and I keep forgetting which way) was really nice...reasonable (90-120) are what I usualy find but I have never paid more than $90 a night there....) we stayed there 4 times. lousy breakfast but a really easy 5 minute walk to the park.

~Jolly Roger we stayed there years ago, but I remember it being very nice for what we paid (moderate) no contenental breakfast but I believe there is a little dinner type restaurant that was reasonable and good.

hope that helps some.
    procrastibating

• Minion

Park Inn is great, but breakfast isn't worth walking down for. (I don't think any of the strip breakfasts are worth counting.) Being next to McDs was nice for the kids money wise. The Park Vue rooms are nice, and its very close, and reasonable. The Anaheim Desert Inn, while older, is actually a very good deal. I like the seperate room in the parlor rooms. Del Sol, well, I might stay there again for a fast cheap trip, but not for a vacation type trip. WAY too loud, walls are about the thickness of 60 weight postcard paper. Hilton Anaheim, we used to stay here every trip on the conceirge floor, but service has gone downhill, and its not worth it any more. I'd rather stay closer. Marriot is nice, but with the Hilton blocking the view, not worth it to me. Sheraton is very nice, we have liked it, but can't walk it. Rooms are big and airy. Anabella was fantastic. It didn't hurt that we got a friend's discount, so room was super cheap. But for a mom and 4 teens, it was perfect, although a bit of a walk, and the ART route was poorly designed. We have also stayed at the Ramada (never again) and Residence Inn. We like the RI, but kids hate ART. Will be checking it out for our Dec trip though. With the dog, we like to be able to go give him a nap (actually, my 19yo needs the nap!) and prefer to be walkable.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Senior Minion

I'm doing the Marriott Fairfield the next trip (in October)--any comments?

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

We love the Residence Inn on Clementine, just off Disney Way. It is walkable, with a full kitchen, and as Twin Mom said, great breakfasts and snacks during the week.

Max, I think they have 2 BDR suites, but I could be wrong.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast