Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: What are the best good neighbor hotels to stay at?

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    JBF,

It does pay to do your homework. Another hotel that was just recommended to me is the Anaheim Desert Inn. I guess it is right across the street from DLR, and it looks nice. They have good rates, and other good amenities. The reviews I read online are mixed, so you have to take them with a grain of salt, ya know? Plus, keep in mind, everyone fixates on different things. Some people need dead quiet, some people expect a free breakfast to be the meal of their lives... So, I guess whatever floats your boat.

For me, since I am taking my Mom, I want the place to be clean, safe, and comfy. The pool doesn't matter, neither does the free breakfast, but I an appreciate that if you have kids with you, that stuff is essential.
    I've been staying at the Desert inn's and suites since the early 90's and I love it. It nice, comfortable, cheap, clean, super close the DL, and there is a freaking Denny’s right next to you.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    Anyone ever stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim? The place behind Fantasyland that looks like a medieval castle?
    We stay there almost every time we go(they offer a military discount) and although the rooms are old, they are larger than the average hotel. The restaurant downstairs has a beautiful patio eating section and a pretty good breakfast buffet. The pool is average, but the atmosphere of the hotel as a whole is really nice. They do offer shuttle service to DL, I have never taken it so can't give any info on that. Also, I haven't been there since they implemented the sweet sleeper bed, but supposedly all beds have pillowtop mattresses and down comforters!

• Disneyland Addict

Hi, try www.getawaytoday.com, they have hotels with 4th and 5th nights free depending on the season and the hotel. We've stayed at the Staybridge Suites, they have both 1 and 2 bedroom suites with a full kitchen and they serve a full hot breakfast every morning, the Holiday Inn Resort Area, it's right next door to Staybridge and they share a pool and recreation court, both use the ART but there is just 1 stop for both at the Holiday Inn, I think there are just 2 other hotels on the route (one before and one after) so you make it to the park in about 20 minutes. Both were very clean and the staff were very nice. We've also stayed at the Homewood Suites, they have 1 and 2 rooms with fulll kitchen also. They have a free charter bus shuttle that they share with atleast 3 other hotels. It was a bit of a pain. Hotel was fantastic though. We are staying at the Best Wester Park Place Inn next month. Only because my parents are going with my children and I, and I didn't want to have to do a shuttle without my husband. We can just walk across the street. We have annual passes, so Getaway will take the ticket prices for 2 adult park hopper tickets out and with the 4th night free it turns out to be $80 per night with taxes already included. I haven't been able to find that hotel for that price on any of the hotel booking websites. I have friends who have used Pricline and got the Annabella for $45 a night last December, but they have parking added to her husband's Annual Pass so they don't have to worry about how close they are or if it has a shuttle. I haven't been brave enough to just let price determine my hotel, you might be though. We've used GetawayToday at least 6 times and never had a problem. They send you some postcards, a lanyard and ticket holder, a pin, and a coupon book along with your vouchers. They can also schedule airport transfers, character breakfasts 10% off, and extra tickets at a discount too. And no, I don't work for them.

Max,

I believe the Homewood Suites has 2 bedroom suites. It isn't within walking distance, but the Marriott right next door has ART pickup.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    I checked it out, and Park Inn doesn't have seperate rooms. I will keep checking...
    Next Trip to Disneyland - June 2006 - too long to wait to go again!!!

We stayed at the Jolly Roger a couple of years ago and I would not recommend it. The mattress had plastic covers on them and no mattress pads, just a cheap sheet covering the mattress. It was the worst week of sleep we've ever gotten. My body just doesn't like sleeping on plastic. I would rate the place a 1 star. It was also noisy and dirty. Overall, I was not impressed with the place.

• Classic Animation

Anaheim Fairfield Inn is an excellent choice. Very easy walk. Nice Rooms, clean, and comfortable. Book vis the internet web site for the best rates.

• Senior Minion

Ho ward Johnson's best service hands down, nice decent room internet, etc. And sometimes excellent views of the fireworks!!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I am another HoJo fan.....

GREAT SERVICE!!!!

Here is a link to HoJo's, and a discount....

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/mousesavers/

The best rate is for AP holders
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

A good web sight to go to is: dlresortinfo.com . I know the person who runs the sight, and this person stays at the hotels on the sight. Trust me I hear the stories, good , and bad .

• Where's my dang wand?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Afraid
    I usually don't stay off site - unless off site is home - but we stayed at the Best Western Park Place which is right at the end of the crosswalk from DL across Harbor. Mini Suites have nice large rooms, great if you're sharing (unless people snore ), microwave, breakfast and fridge included.
    Yep, that's where we stay too. I've never heard anything bad about them and their Queen/Queen mini suites sleep five for about $116 a night (with my AAA discount). Now that the hotel shuttles are no longer FREE, the Park Place Inn has an even better advantage...you walk out front on Harbor Boulevard, push the crosswalk button and BOOM you are in the DLR tram loading area.

I am counting the days until we get to go - December 18th through 22nd!

HoJos is right next door to Mimi's which everyone loves, but I have some reservations (no pun intended) about.
    Hi Max... Just down from Mimi's is Millie's and it is a great family restaurant and the prices are very reasonable. Suggest you give that a try next time you're at HoJo's. We've NEVER been disappointed.
    Always remember the Disney Magic!

Howard Johnson's is quite good. Sometimes you can get an AP discount or a mousesavers discount through www.mousesavers.com (a great website anyway).
    I think someone has left the shower running ...
    --Tiki Bird Jose

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Embassy South. It's what vacation is all about.

My husband is the reason we will be going back there. We have tried other Suite hotels since staying at Embassy and they just don't measure up. He is a HUGE fan of a full, hot breakfast and the evening Manager's Reception (FREE drinks and snacks ) is his absolute favorite part!

When we went....'03??....the shuttle was still free--it isn't now. The place is beautiful though and really makes you feel like you're on vacation.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• In Technicolor!

^^ I totally agree with Jenniembassysuitessouthfer ^^

We stayed there in March of '02 and '03. The place was great! The atrium, where you sit for breakfast, was beautiful. We didn't try out the pool, but it looked clean and not crowded at all. At the time, the shuttle was shared with the Homewood and Hilton next door, so the bus was usually packed. We've stayed at many other ES hotels, and the rooms here were the nicest we've had of all of them.

Thank you all so very much for your feedback.My package has been reserved for the Howard Johnson in October.I am extremely excited to make the trek to SoCal... it's going to my girlfriend and I's first big trip together.I'm really looking forward to it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast