Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Sock Puppet

Re: What are the best good neighbor hotels to stay at?

Stay at the Hilton. It is not very expensive and at the same time very nice. You have a good chance at seeing celebrities and/or the New York Yankees there as well.

• Merry 2014!

I have stayed at:

CandyCane Inn- The best moderate motel/hotel there is! Comfy beds, Clean, Nice Staff and Continental braekfast. Am staying here again this trip in oct.

Super 8 on Disneyland Dr. - Decent, cheap, clean accomodations. ART stop close by. Stay here if you want just a room.

Fairfield Inn- Great place. Beds are basic, rooms are large and have a pull out sofa bed. Very close to the Entrance. Mc Donald's next door and Mimi's on property. Mimi's is good food. Better than Denny's imho.

CArousel Inn--Never stay there again. Dirty.

Alpine Inn- just this side of decent accomodation. pretty clean. stayed because we needed cheap. Fulfilled a childhood fascination with the motel. Won't stay again.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• a kiss for a thimball

Escondido CA (1hr 15min from door to parked!)

my now ex bf and i stayed at the Park View inn RIGHT across the street from the Park... you litterally walk across the cross walk and you are there... it wasnt anything too special... but the bed was nice and when you have a long day... the short walk couldnt feel better... AAA discount is nice... the breakfast is horrible and check in and out takes a little bit... but over all it was worth the $$
    -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
    Shines in the night for you
    To tell you that the dreams you plan
    Really can come true

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Book Fever
    Looks as though we'll be staying at the Howard Johnson Anaheim.I've read several reviews,the majority of which were positive.The primary issue I've read is it being close to the freeway so there are complaints of noise.

Has anyone here stayed at this particular hotel recently,or in the past for that matter,and if so,what was your experience like?
    I stayed at the Howard Johnson's in July...and- for the most part... it was good. Staff was awsome!!... really friendly... like eveyone says... about a 10 minute walk to the front entrance... Ok...so here was the deal for me:..we got a balcony/park view room (considered one of their highest level/'premiere' rooms). The room was clean, but when we got in ...I immediately noticed it had a little bit of a moldy smell to it... nothing major...and even though it was a 'balcony room'.... the way HoJo designs their rooms... it's not like there are sliding glass doors which open out to the balcony so you can see the view while you're in the room.) You open a door which goes out to like this little deck that you sit on. The view was killer... but it made it hard to get fresh air/light in when you were inside the room. (it was a non-smoking room)...2nd major thing:..I'm not like some guy with major allergies or anything (just your typical every once and awhile I need to pop some Claritin due to allergy season/post nasal drip kinda guy... but never anything that severe),... but...after 2 nights there... when I left the hotel... I thought I was getting a cold. Throat was kinda sore...nose was runny.... after I got home... about a day later... all my symptoms just kinda disappeared. So... point is... just not sure about the overall 'freshness factor' of the rooms, and -in particular, the bedding/sheets. With my AAA discount, the room was about $135/night, and would have liked (for a balcony/view room) a little bit more of an 'open' feel)... anyways... that's my 2 cents/experience.

We usually stay at the Fairfield Inn. It is close enough to walk to the park although there are hotels that are closer. We have always had a nice and clean room when we have stayed there. The elevators can get a bit busy though at peak times.

I totally DO NOT recommend the Best Western Pavillions. I won't go into detail, but our door was kicked in and the sewer backed up, GROSS!!!! I do however recommend the Coast Anaheim. Awesome hotel. Exceptional service and down right nice. We had a view from our balcony of the park and if we were too tired to watch the fireworks from the park we just headed to our room and watched them from there.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

FYI, the Coast Anaheim is closing shortly for a major remodel. When it reopens, it will be a Sheraton (expected to be early 2006).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345