Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Question What are the best good neighbor hotels to stay at?

I am looking to take a trip to Disneyland with my girlfriend in early to mid October.Money is a bit tight so we are looking to stay at one of the Good Neighbor hotels and were wondering which are the best as far as quality,customer service,and overall accomodations for a decent price?

Any opinions,info,etc will be greatly appreciated.I know a lot of you are seasoned vets in the realm of Disneyland and places to stay.

Thanks in advance...

JBF

• That Guy

Re: What are the best good neighbor hotels to stay at?

Great ?, I am in the same boat too, so hopefully we get some great advice from the experts here.

I can tell you about HoJos, I have stayed there three times. The rooms are nice and clean, the beds are comfy but average, and the staff is great. While it is the last hotel prior to the freeway, it is EASILY in walking distance. It feels like the Indy que is a longer walk, then the walk from HoJos to the main entrance. As I mentioned, the staff is great, and they treat you well. The two pools are nice, and well kept. They do not offer a breakfast, but the hotels that do don't have the best spread, so that is not too much a factor.

HoJos is right next door to Mimi's which everyone loves, but I have some reservations (no pun intended) about. We went one time for breakfast so we could get to DLR in time for opening, and it took forever!!!! I almost think the server was a tweaker, she was so out there.

Good luck!

Thanks Max... I will keep your info in mind.

I've read/heard a few good things about Jolly Rodger also.

I guess I'm trying to get some overall opinions and info,such as the type you so graciously provided.Then I can kinda get a general consensus,maybe compose a top 5 or so to choose from and then see what kind of prices I can find.

The very last trip on our APs found us at the Desert Palms Hotel and Suites. It was so nice for the $$ we thought the cab driver took us to the wrong place.

A moderate walk to the parks but super quailty for the $$$

631 W Katella Ave.
    714-535-1133.

• That Guy

JBF,

It does pay to do your homework. Another hotel that was just recommended to me is the Anaheim Desert Inn. I guess it is right across the street from DLR, and it looks nice. They have good rates, and other good amenities. The reviews I read online are mixed, so you have to take them with a grain of salt, ya know? Plus, keep in mind, everyone fixates on different things. Some people need dead quiet, some people expect a free breakfast to be the meal of their lives... So, I guess whatever floats your boat.

For me, since I am taking my Mom, I want the place to be clean, safe, and comfy. The pool doesn't matter, neither does the free breakfast, but I an appreciate that if you have kids with you, that stuff is essential.

Where are you going to read reviews and stuff? I've done some pricing but again,I'd kinda like to read peoples opinions of places,service,accomodations,etc.

• Sock Puppet

if you have kids, then try the Hyatt OC. It is the only area hotel that has kids rooms. If you look on expedia it lists it as a 3 star, but is actually a 4 star.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

We stay at the Best Western, Anahiem Inn. Never had a problem, really nice rooms, reasonable price, and you can see the fireworks! Right Across the street!
    Last edited by PanTheMan; 07-19-2005 at 10:24 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

No,it's going to be just me and my girlfriend on this trip... no kids.Thank you for the suggestion though.

• That Guy

JBF,

I usually just google the name of the hotel and the word review.

So for HoJos you could go on google and type HOJOs Anaheim Reviews.

Usually the first result is from tripadvisor, which is a cool site, and you get interesting feedback.

• My cuties!

We stayed at the Residence Inn Resort Area (the newer of the two by DL). It was fabulous! They have a full breakfast included every morning and dinner/snacks Mon - Thur night. It is too far to walk but the shuttle is nice.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

We've stayed at the Annabelle near the main gate. Nice place and reasonably priced. Last overnight visit, we stayed at the Alamo Inn & Suites. It's cheap but a dump.

MousePlanet.com has a lot of "real people" reviews.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Gay Man

I usually don't stay off site - unless off site is home - but we stayed at the Best Western Park Place which is right at the end of the crosswalk from DL across Harbor. Mini Suites have nice large rooms, great if you're sharing (unless people snore ), microwave, breakfast and fridge included.

Check Expedia for the dates you are targeting and choose a couple for people to comment on. There are quite a few that are close to DL - three of which have the word "Park" as part of their name.

• That Guy

Where to stay when you snore??

Okay, I didn't want to start a new thread, just for this, so I hope someone can help me.

Does anyone know of a hotel near DLR that has two bedrooms? What I am looking for is a place that has two rooms, with a queen size bed in each room. I snore, and I am taking my Mom (63) to DLR for the first time, and I don't want to keep her up with my sawing logs.

Any ideas? I have been looking, but many places I have found have 'suites' but the two queen beds are in the same room, with the other room being a living room.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, but not just by me!!

• Gay Man

Max, try the Park Inn International.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast