• Traditional Glow Fanatic

Pipeek's Mickey's Halloween Treat 10/30 Trip Report

Went to MHT on 10/30 and here a handful of pictures from the event I took last night. There is also a video Iím uploading of the Trick or Treat on the Street Parade that wonít be up until later today. I recently purchased a tripod for those pesky nighttime pictures and here we go.

Parking was directed back to Mickey and Friends. They were just checking for validation that you were attending the event and just letting cars through in mass. I was getting worried that it would take me forever to get over to MHT. Yet, it was the smoothest entrance into the parking structure and quickest into the park Iíve had in a while.

The crowds at the gates werenít bad either just after the event started.

As you pass into the Sunshine Plaza they have a DJ along with a variety of entertainment cast members dancing with some as characters and others in Halloween themed costumes.

Heading back into the park they have a lot of various parade lighting effects in place to set the mood for the event.

And near the entrance to Bountiful Valley Farm they have a pair of talking scarecrows.

And of course the Pirate Wharf.

They have a band playing along with another series of entertainment cast members all dressed up in pirate gear. While it looks like theyíve got people dancing, itís just one child and the rest are the cast members.

The band!

Turning back around and heading into the Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

Around the park they have a variety of Trick or Treat stops and Trick or Treat Trails. The stops are individual treat distribution and the trails are a series of them. There were always longer lines for the stops than the trails for some reason. The path behind Grizzly, the Redwood Creek area, and the Animation building consisted of the trails. The marquee of the Animation Building was changed for the event.

Heading back towards Tower, theyíve got projections on the backdrop.

ToT.

The Hollywood DJ had the Incredibles characters dancing along with some cast members dressed as witches.

We headed back towards the Grizzly Peak area which seemed to be a dead spot other than the treat locations. The traditional clichť shot of GrizzlyÖonly this time with spider webs.

The 3 remaining Carnival games were open and most of the attractions that are usually empty seemed to have longer lines than usual. It was nearing 9:30 and we wanted a good spot for the parade so we headed to one of the show stop locations near the Bountiful Farm.

The video I have shows a lot more of the parade and will be up later today. So after the large parade float had passed me I captured a few pictures of the back of it.

Pluto had a candy corn collar.

The bulk of the parade float elements are the ones that cast members push around. I do like those pumpkin baskets.

Another look at the main float and some of the witch costumes along with Mrs. Incredibles legs.

A quick look at the menís costume as the parade was leaving.

And that brings us to a temporary end to the trip report. The parade was above my expectations. I wasnít expecting very much but the costumes, song, and feel of the parade was perfect for the event. Iíll be getting the video of the parade up later today once itís finished uploading and being verified.

Happy Halloween!

• Mickey is not my Brother

Re: Pipeek's Mickey's Halloween Treat 10/30 Trip Report

Nice pics so far, I look forward to the rest

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Very festive! Nice TR! Hope you had fun!!!

I love the pictures, the TOT was my favorite.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Thanks Pipeek! Well done.

Here's the parade video.

http://www.google.com/videoplay\?doc...s=""> </embed>

My plan to upload it at work failed, but here it is all the same. Enjoy!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the pics!!! I went for the first time this year, but I didn't take a lot of pictures. Wish now I had... but my camera doesn't take really good night shots!

Thanks again for sharing your great shots! The TOT one is wonderful!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Thanks for the pics!!! I went for the first time this year, but I didn't take a lot of pictures. Wish now I had... but my camera doesn't take really good night shots!

Thanks again for sharing your great shots! The TOT one is wonderful!
    Thanks! I deleted a lot of the pictures I took since the general dark/light in the area wasn't always good as well as there is a lot of movement during most of the pictures I ended up taking. If I didn't have my Gorillapod then these pictures would be quite hazy looking for the most part. This is my second night using it. I should try and post the ones I have from Disneyland and the remaining non-Halloween pictures I took as part of a Disneyland after Dark collection. Perhaps this weekend I'll try and pull them together.