Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: Labor at Disneyland

How about rides that would help move things along if the baby is taking his or her sweet time?

Tower of Terror gets my vote.

• Minion

I plan on walking around Disneyland right before my baby is due. I'm due June 7th so hopefully it'll be hot and things will start moving along.

• Hiding in the shadows

Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    I don't know how it was back in the day, but these days can't you pinpoint the day of labor with some reasonable accuracy? I wouldn't even be at Disneyland during that time. You'd think people could postpone the trip to Disneyland for a couple weeks and have the damn kid.
    Actually if you have an AP, a trip to Disneyland would be great to get things moving. Walking is one of the best things to get labor going. I presonally walked around the LA Zoo before my son was born trying to get things going. Disneyland was too far of a drive from my hospital!

A little piece of heaven

• Imaginative Possibilities

Sure Disneyland isnt as Clean as Hospital, but never the less Disneyland does have cast Members that are trained to handle such situations and more. They are in Great Hands...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by IMAGINE View Post
    Sure Disneyland isnt as Clean as Hospital, but never the less Disneyland does have cast Members that are trained to handle such situations and more. They are in Great Hands...
    Yeah, I forgot about the Obstetrician and Coroner that are on-call for these unusual situations.

•   
    • Shenanigans.

My wife began labor at Disneyland; we left went to the hospital, like normal people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Not sure about a child born in Disneyland. But if a baby is born on DCA property it is mercifully put out of its misery.

Updating this thread with something the Opus Archives just gave birth to...an article on supposedly the first baby born inside Disneyland. Now I would suggest that readers take this "fact" with a possible grain of salt, as I seem to recall Park births before this one. But old dates and years do get a bit all blurred together as you get older.

So from the Opus Archives and the August 1979 edition of "Disney Times" (which was a large full sized newspaper-type monthly employee newsletter for the company...issued from the Burbank studios)...here it is:

That little baby would be 29 years old today. Wonder how she's doing?

Dup. See above. Sorry.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Momeraths View Post
    I heard that if you go into labor at Disneyland, your baby gets to go to Disneyland for free for the rest of his/her's life. Has anyone ever heard of this? My bosses best friend keeps going there on her labor day hoping it would happen but it hasn't yet.
    No it's not true.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Any sane woman would take the safety and cleanliness of a hospital. And let's not forget the fact that there's trained staff and epidurals accessible there as well...

Yeesh. Some people are wackos. Serves those people right to be told no.
    And that is the truth. If my wife hadn't of been at a hospital with an extremely good staff, our first child would of been still born. My daughter wrapped herself up with the umbilical cord and hung herself. If it wasn't for an excellent doctor performing a fast emergency C-section, my daughter wouldn't be here today.

Quote Originally Posted by IMAGINE View Post
    Not that well trained, plus I just don't see Disneyland having that kind of medical facilities.

Step back and think about that for just a second. You intentionally keep going to DL to have your child born there. Some unforseen circumstance happens and your child or the mom dies during child birth that could have been prevented at a hospital. What a horrible and disturbing memory that would be.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Banned User

Me thinks someone has fallen under the spell of a rumor. No one has ever been given a lifetime pass for being born in the park - somewhere on snopes it debunks this rumor.

• The Magics in the details

it is not true. A woman went into labor in the main entrance ticket takers lead shack some time in 2003 or 2004. the Paramedics arrived and took her and kid to the hospital. No Lifetime Pass was issued, although it is POSSIBLE that they were issued replacement comps for their lost day.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12