Overlapping attractions

Pirates of the Haunted Mansion

I had an odd dream a few nights ago. I was riding in the cave sequence of Pirates, admiring the dank ambience. I noticed a tunnel that I had never seen before. Focusing on it more intently, it appeared that the cave was a distant glimpse into to the graveyard scene of Haunted Mansion (the spot just after the undertaker and his dog). Grim Grinning Ghosts could even be heard if I listened with great intensity. There was even a mild breeze indicating that spirits were afar. It seemed quite strange that I had been on PoTC as many times as I had, yet not once did I ever notice that the two rides were connected.

Iím sure I had the dream in part because I had been staring at the painting of the concept art for Indy where the Railroad and Jungle Cruise were to intersect in great temple room. However, this does lead me to wonder, what attractions should have been connected in some way or another when they were built?

Armchair Imagineers?

• Sock Puppet

Re: Overlapping attractions

I also had a weird dream. I dreamt that I was on HM, and after I boarded my doom buggy, where the Ghost Host should be speaking in the breathing door section, he WASN'T!! It was the spiel from the Jungle Cruise on the old old OLD video "A Day At Disneyland". And as I'm passing through, where Madame Leota should be, we go into Costco. The Jungle Cruise spiel is still going on. When I wake up, it turns out my brother has come into my room and turned on that video, and the Jungle Cruise segment was on. Really really really weird.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    Pirates of the Haunted Mansion

I had an odd dream a few nights ago. I was riding in the cave sequence of Pirates, admiring the dank ambience. I noticed a tunnel that I had never seen before. Focusing on it more intently, it appeared that the cave was a distant glimpse into to the graveyard scene of Haunted Mansion (the spot just after the undertaker and his dog). Grim Grinning Ghosts could even be heard if I listened with great intensity. There was even a mild breeze indicating that spirits were afar. It seemed quite strange that I had been on PoTC as many times as I had, yet not once did I ever notice that the two rides were connected.

Iím sure I had the dream in part because I had been staring at the painting of the concept art for Indy where the Railroad and Jungle Cruise were to intersect in great temple room. However, this does lead me to wonder, what attractions should have been connected in some way or another when they were built?

Armchair Imagineers?
    Actually, it's quite interesting that you dreamed this. During the design of these two attractions, they actually thought about making connections between the two.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Actually, it's quite interesting that you dreamed this. During the design of these two attractions, they actually thought about making connections between the two.
    I remember that, a whole story involving the sea captain effect that was tossed out of Mansion when it was no longer a walkthrough attraction. I believe a lot of it was planned to connect all of New Orleans Square to the storyline.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888