Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Closed Account

Re: Why is Disneyland the best Disney park?

Because it's the only Disney park with five steam locomotives?

• U. B. Bold

Its the best to me because I grew up there.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Sock Puppet

Disneyland is the best park of all.
    It's so good they attempted to put an amusement park in Disneyland's parking lot.
    Did they do that at any of the other Disney parks? I don't think so!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Because it's the only Disney park with five steam locomotives?
    Foaming much, Steve?

I have to go with "Walt was personally involved", too. And the people who came up in the WDP/WED/WDI ranks were there building and running the park hands-on everyday, with a clear vision of what Walt wanted them to do. The lands have clear visions and offer fully immersive experiences, without any jarring discordances or improper transitions.

Change is a fact of life and I have no problems with change, as long as it's done with a full understanding of what's around it and how it affects the whole. And you don't deliberately destroy the past just because it's gotten old.

Either freshen it up, or actively preserve it for future generations - either in place, or have it removed for conservation. (If I knew who ordered the Mary Blair TL tile murals destroyed... )

Some DL CM's Managers and Executives still "get it", and they should be lauded and encouraged.

Some don't, and the damage that they've done to the once cohesive vision behind the park (now parks plural) will still be visible for years.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I LOVE Disneyland - but my two favorite Disney parks are Tokyo Disney Sea and Epcot. Disneyland comes in at a close 3rd.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I also have not been to any other Disney park besides Disneyland & DCA. I think Disneyland is the best because it is the original & Walt walked the streets. Disneyland is definitely magical from the moment you enter Main Street.

Both of my sisters have been been to these 2 park and also Disney World in Florida. They said that WDW was fun, but didn't have that magical feeling like Disneyland.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I LOVE Disneyland - but my two favorite Disney parks are Tokyo Disney Sea and Epcot. Disneyland comes in at a close 3rd.

It's the booze isn't it, Todd? Admit it!

Epcot is a wonderful park though. Just wonderful. tokyo disney sea looks like that just by photos!

But I think the poster is asking more for a comparison with the other disneyland-type parks.

am i wrong?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    It's the booze isn't it, Todd? Admit it!

Epcot is a wonderful park though. Just wonderful. tokyo disney sea looks like that just by photos!

But I think the poster is asking more for a comparison with the other disneyland-type parks.

am i wrong?
    Totally the booze

The title of the thread is "Why is Disneyland the best 'Disney' park" and IMHO it isn't. But I know that I'm in the minority on that position. Disneyland is certainly the best of the Magic Kingdom parks with Paris running a close second.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Imaginative Possibilities

I can't really compare with any of the other parks, seeing how Ive never been to any other. Even so I can see why it is viewed as the most favored, Walt had a certain way of doing things and that is evident in everything that is experienced in his park.
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• "I Break Things"

because it is the birthplace of the World Famous Jungle Cruise... and since Walt was there... but mainly because it is the birthplace of the J.C.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    but mainly because it is the birthplace of the J.C.
    I thought that was in Bethlehem. You learn something new everyday...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I thought that was in Bethlehem. You learn something new everyday...
    Nice!
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Progressive Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by goofypirate View Post
    Okay, I admittedly have only been to Disneyland and DCA out of all of the worldwide Disney parks. I firmly believe that DL must be the best out of all the parks, but I don't have any concrete evidence as to why!
    I have an issue with this. Shouldn't you experience the other parks before you firmly believe this to be true?

DL happens to be my favorite American Disney park (I've been to all 6 many times), but I have no idea how it sizes up to the others in the world.

The other issue I have is that no matter what concrete evidence people come up with, it's evidence that's based on opinion.

If you want a fact, the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World is the most visited park on Earth and Disneyland is not. People can talk about how Disneyland is superior in this way or that way, but it doesn't change the fact that more people go to the Magic Kingdom than anywhere else.

My point is, there are no facts in this debate; just opinions. DCA to me is better than MGM and AK combined, but others would disagree. Some people love Epcot, other don't like it much at all (Personally, I love it). No one is right or wrong; it's personal preference.

Experience everything for yourself before you firm up those beliefs of yours.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I admit that I go to the parks mostly because of characters. But when I went on Casey jr. Trains and Storybookland Canal Boats, I can see why Disneyland is the best Disney Park.

First of all, childhood memories are what inspired Disney to make Disneyland. For instance, when we were are all children, we use to play games such as being Pirates or maybe even a cowboy, or maybe even Indiana Jones . It also reflects childhood fantasies, such as surfing the African Jungle, or flying with Peter Pan. What I have come to realize about what makes Disneyland unique is the fact that it reflects childhood.

Secondly, Disneyland is the best because it set the standards for what now know as the Theme Park Industry. Their quality in service and food (not now) also set the standard for other theme parks.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    I have an issue with this. Shouldn't you experience the other parks before you firmly believe this to be true?

DL happens to be my favorite American Disney park (I've been to all 6 many times), but I have no idea how it sizes up to the others in the world.

The other issue I have is that no matter what concrete evidence people come up with, it's evidence that's based on opinion.

If you want a fact, the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World is the most visited park on Earth and Disneyland is not. People can talk about how Disneyland is superior in this way or that way, but it doesn't change the fact that more people go to the Magic Kingdom than anywhere else.

My point is, there are no facts in this debate; just opinions. DCA to me is better than MGM and AK combined, but others would disagree. Some people love Epcot, other don't like it much at all (Personally, I love it). No one is right or wrong; it's personal preference.

Experience everything for yourself before you firm up those beliefs of yours.
    So to paraphrase everything you said... Jungle Cruise is one of the greatest rides ever and Paris needs to install one. Everyone should ride the World Famous Jungle Cruise to broaden their own personal horizons.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast