Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• "I Break Things"

Re: Why is Disneyland the best Disney park?

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    I've been to Anaheim, Tokyo, and Orlando.

I found Disneyland to have the strongest theming, when compared only to The Magic Kingdom and Tokyo Disneyland. I found the different lands in Tokyo were not well separated and distinct. The Magic Kingdom is comparable, but has less lands, and lacks Disneyland's intimate charm. Some of the newer parks like Animal Kingdom and DisneySea have more immersive theming, but it's kind of comparing apples to oranges.

Disneyland has the best collection of attractions in any one Disney theme park. I think that DisneyWorld as a whole is the greater experience, but no individual park there comes close to Disneyland. The Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland in particular, pales in comparison in terms of number of attractions. Using Disneyland as the standard bearer of how many attractions a Disney park should have, DisneyWorld kind of feels like they've the attractions of two or three parks and stretched them out over four parks.

Disneyland still boasts Indiana Jones, one of the best Disney attractions in existence (it's a crime they haven't topped it in the ten years since, but I digress). One of the newest rides, Expedition Everest, is impressive but is not as epic as Indy. And the addition of that ride doesn't make Animal Kingdom even come close to be being the park Disneyland is. Now, if only they'd Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Anaheim. That's a big point in favour of Tokyo Disneyland.

So for me, Disneyland is the best park, based on my personal priority of attractions & theming. It's definately a personal opinion as to what matter most to the individual, so I don't think any of us can definitively declare any park to be "the best".
    I completely agree with you... the Jungle Cruise is the best attraction as far as themeing and design.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I completely agree with you... the Jungle Cruise is the best attraction as far as themeing and design.
    I would argue that Pirates and Haunted Mansion hold that title of "best".

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Progressive Disneylander

So to paraphrase everything you said... Jungle Cruise is one of the greatest rides ever and Paris needs to install one. Everyone should ride the World Famous Jungle Cruise to broaden their own personal horizons.
    Yes, I thought it was obvious that I was saying that.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I would argue that Pirates and Haunted Mansion hold that title of "best".
    You could argue... and you would loose...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

You could argue... and you would loose...

Your overconfidence is your weakness.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea are the best. DisneySea blows Disneyland out of the water in scale, detail, and impressiveness. Disneyland, however, has this draw and charm that no other park has. It is the most intimate and most inspiring. Levels and levels of history- good and bad- exist in every corner of the park. It serves up some of the most emotional nostalgia. In many ways, it incorporates new and old perfectly. It is the foundation of how every Disney theme park should be built.

The Magic Kingdom represents something completely different. It along with Epcot represent a dream only partly finished. With Epcot, you can't but feel that "what if..." factor. "What if..." Walt had seen that dream through? The Magic Kingdom on the other hand, has a tiny puncture in its heart. It could have been a perfect compliment to its older sister with different experiences that defined it as a different Disneyland-prototype; not the younger sister that is just bigger and has minor changes here and there. I haven't been to the Magic Kingdom in years, but I feel this whenever I look at pictures.

Tokyo Disneyland is impressive size wise. It utilizes a lot of similarities of Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom. It doesn't try to be like Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom, it just pulls strongly from the Disney gene pool. It has it's own flare and flavor by being huge and expansive. I know it comes under scrutiny often because its Tomorrowland is old and outdated, but with the OLC's previous track record, I think I will keep my mouth shut because when they decide to update it, I am sure they will blow every other Tomorrowland away. TKDL, however, can not be kept in that "what if Walt" category because it was born under completely different circumstances.

Disney MGM Studios signals a different approach in the theme parks direction. I think it takes the Disneyland formula, twists it, throws in a dose of Hollywood and comes out a pretty good mixture for the most part. It could be a lot fresher now than what is. It's harder to compare it to Walt influences because it is a completely different generation. It signifies the flashy new era of a Walt Disney Company, no longer Walt Disney Productions.

Then came Disneyland Paris. This in my opinion, has had one of the biggest impacts on all of Disney's theme parks. It continued the optimism and flashiness of the new Walt Disney Company that started with MGM. It strived to be the best creation. The results of Disneyland Paris made it the Disney Sea of Disneyland's. I personally think it is gorgeous, but a little too perfect. The scale is grand and does not hold back like Disneyland, but emotionally, something isn't there. The park reminds you of the optimism and arrogance that once existed when it opened, but it also reminds you of the utter disaster it was and the waves of change that it signaled in future Disney endeavors. If Disneyland Paris was a success, I have no doubt that WestCot, Port Disney, and perhaps even Disney's America would have been pushed forward.

Hong Kong Disneyland suffers from curse of Euro Disney, cutbacks of Paul Pressler, and pressure of corporate expansion. But it does benefit from a sense of intimacy. The ghostly replication of Disneyland CA is a little wierd, however. I believe in Hong Kong Disneyland. It was built on a stronger foundation, and when it grows to incorporate better Disney quality attractions, I think its location, scale and surroundings will be some of the best.
    Last edited by DisneyMickey; 11-02-2007 at 07:55 PM.

• Delawarean Girl

IMHO, I love both Disneyland & WDW. Both to me have something special over the other.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by goofypirate View Post

Why do YOU think DL is the best?

Originality.
    Har har har

• formerly PretzelSouls!

It was Walt's first huge dream that made him famous - that I know of, and it was the first park to be bigger than life.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

First and foremost, this is the park that Walt created and enjoyed himself. The only park he created and enjoyed himself. That alone places it alone from the others.

But having been to Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong and Florida, I have found that the others do have things that are done better than here in Anaheim but Disneyland without a doubt is the most jam packed Disney theme park anywhere. More rides, shows, attractions and many of those attractions are either the originals and/or are superior at Disneyland.

Just so much more to choose from than any other individual Disney park. That coupled with the fact that it is the only park that can truly bear "Walt Disney's" in it's title is why it's my favorite.

P.S. Although at times Tokyo DisneySea takes #1 spot. But Disneyland wins it back whenever I visit.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    One of the newest rides, Expedition Everest, is impressive but is not as epic as Indy.
    Well, they did improve on Indy in some ways at DisneySea. It has a new scene including an awesome smoke ring effect, and the dart room has creepy statues instead of flats.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234