July 17th: My Celebration Video and Pictures

I just got home late last night. I've been trying to read everyone’s posts, check the pictures posted and get caught up. July 17th was an amazing experience that I wish all could have enjoyed! I figured the best way to tell about my trip is to share the pictures/video as well.

It all started on July 16th. There was a buzz in the park, whispers here and there, Cast Members being questioned about what was to happen on the following day, rumors being exchanged in ride queues. The anticipation for the 17th was already in full swing. I heard some hilarious conversations between Cast Members and Guests such as a Guest visiting from Florida and wearing Walt Disney World merchandise. This Guest approached a Cast Member near us and asked what was going on and about getting to the park early the next day and a possibility of a lock-out? The Cast Member explained it was the actual Anniversary of Disneyland. The Guest didn't seem impressed with this news, he went on to explain he came all the way from Florida and if he knew that it was the "actual" Anniversary he wouldn't have planned his trip that weekend. It was after the Guest walked away that I scooped my jaw up off the hot cement.

Before we knew it, the 17th was here! We arrived at Disneyland at 4am. As I approached where the tram service paths and loading area is, I was in utter shock! Thousands were already there! I was absolutely amazed. Everyone was moving in a smooth and controlled line. I couldn't believe all the families with children that were deep in the line already. It was impressive!! They had to have put a lot of effort into getting themselves and their kids to the park so early. That's dedication!! While I was in line, I looked over at the inner part of the long wrapped line and saw a familiar face, CrazyLegs! I immediately went up to her and made a sad attempt to try and remember her first name! I ended up saying, "Hey! I know you!........You're CrazyLegs!" She was with BigPigletFan and TicTocDragon with his wife Kristi and Robert. I was so happy to finally meet some MiceChatters! They were all so nice!!

When we got to the gates of DCA, we were given a color wristband. Ours was Green. The line wrapped all around DCA, as we walked past all the Guests ahead of us, I noticed that Green was the 5th color out of 9. Those that had been there hours earlier had brought blow-up pool floats or several blankets. People were sleeping all over the place. The one thing I loved the most is that they were playing all the Disney classics over the entire park! I kept trying to keep my eyes peeled for other MiceChatters, I had the pleasure of running into CrazyLegs again!! She joined up with us at the Exit of Jumping Jellyfish. That's were we stood in line. There were a few other fellow MiceChatters we got to meet!

Click on thumbnail for larger image.

When the line started to move, I was so excited! There was a wave of golden ears, truly a sight to remember. Here are some shots of the line moving, progressing slowly towards the main gate. I was amazed at how smoothly and easily all the crowds were being directed towards the front of the park. There was no shoving, no pushing and people stepping on the back of your heels or on your toes. It was great! I even saw DarkBeer taking pictures off to the side and got to say hello.

Video Clip of Guests waiting to get into Disneyland.
    4.65 MB
    Video Clip of Guests as we finally reached the park gate.
    6 MB

When we exited DCA, we walked along a private path that was made with railings, it stretched between the side gate at DCA to Disneyland. We never had to go through the turnstile. It was so awesome, Cast Members lined our path, smiling and in the best spirits. They all said good morning and welcomed us home. My eyes were dripping tears and I didn't get it on film. However, I wiped my eyes and got some video clips of when we actually got in Disneyland of our walk down Main Street. Cast Members lined the curb! All of them smiling so beautifully and with their cheerful voices called out to us, "Good morning!", "Welcome home!". Talk about being choked up. I could only smile and wave back. It was very touching.

Video Clip of Disneyland Cast Members greeting us as we approached Main Street.
    5.87 MB
    Video Clip of Disneyland Cast Members greeting us along Main Street.
    11.6 MB

When we finally got in front of the jumbo screen at the hub, we got situated and waited there until the 10 am ceremony. Here are some shots of where we were at.

Video Clip of a 180 Degree view of where we were sitting.
    7.64 MB

After the ceremony we went to the Blue Bayou for our lunch reservation. While we were waiting to be called, I met Circarama and his wife I got to meet DisneyKat, Speederscout, Crazy Legs, Anders, Tictocdragon, Kristi and Villains Fan. Everyone was so nice, I was so glad to have a chance to meet them all finally! While I was eating, I heard someone call out from over the water, "AnotherPixie!" I looked up and saw BigPigletFan and some others that I didn't recognize. I scurried down to take a picture of the passing boat. I know it wasn't very well angled or clear, but it was taken in total darkness! I aimed and clicked. Hope you like them none-the-less!

At 4:45pm there was the rededication of Disneyland. I filmed the whole thing with my camera. The video is split into 2 parts. We were at It's a Small World to watch it on the jumbo screen there. I went to sit on the cement and it was so extremely hot, I couldn't! It was like hot coals. Very bad.

Video Clip of Disneyland's Rededication at 4:45pm - PART ONE.
    56.9 MB
    Video Clip of Disneyland's Rededication at 4:45pm - PART TWO.
    47.1 MB

All in all, I had the most wonderful day. I got to see a lot of Cast Members I haven't seen in a long time and I loved the way the day unfolded. I only wish I could have met more of you!!
    Last edited by AnotherPixie; 07-19-2005 at 08:11 PM.

• Mr. Toad's Wild Tongue

Re: July 17th: My Celebration Video and Pictures

Was that you standing up taking a picture in the BB? I was in the back of that boat and flashed you with my camera :P Of course, that didn't come out too well. Nightvision's neat!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Great pictures. Thanks. Loved the videos!!! Almost makes me feel I was there!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Fortune Red Says....

GREAT IM SO GLAD SOMEONE GOT THIS ON VIDEO!!!! GREAT JOB AnotherPixie!! Did you get a video of the 10 am Ceremony though??
    "Childishness? I think it's the equivalent of never losing your sense of humor. I mean, there's a certain something that you retain. It's the equivalent of not getting so stuffy that you can't laugh at others."
    ~Walt Disney

• Goofy is the man

Wow!!! Thank you so much for sharing your pics and videos. I had planned on being there, but got sick. I am so glad that I was able to see some of the things that happened through video. You did a great job. THank you, thank you, thank you!!!

• Senior Minion

It was just so nice to be there. And really great to meet some faces I haven't met. Thanks for the photo!! And really nice to see Another Pixie in person! Thanks for sharing all your photos and movies.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• For old time sake

Watching the videos just gave me chills!!! Good chills. Thanks so much for sharing those!!! It was so great to meet you at the BB
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Thank you everyone!! I think I caught a few MiceChatters in some of the crowd shots. Does anyone spy themselves?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Wow those greetings just gave me chills, good morning, welcome home! Wow

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Great pics and video. Thank you!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

So, the first video isn't working - the one of the guests waiting to get into Disneyland. I bet I'm in that one, with Mamabot, Dsnylndmom, Cyneeyore and Malibu Minion because were were leaning over the barricades less than 10 feet from the gate where you walked into Disneyland officially and I remember those big tall basketball players in front of you. Lots of people were filming as they went by and we waved at them and commented on how many strangers would be seeing us every time they watched

Love your post, it makes me feel like I'm there all over again and love the videos!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• Minion

haha scary eyes in those b&w photos. i would've loved to been there sunday. too bad i live like 3000 miles away.

its ok though, i'll be there in october!!!

• Part of Your World

That is so sweet! Must have been a wonderful time

The videos aren't working

Very sorry about that link not working!!
    I forgot to upload one of the files.

I totally checked all the links and they are working Please let me know if you continue to have problems!