Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Defining Disneyland- Your guide to phrases, terms and words in the Disneyland lexicon

Thinking I knew most everything there was to know about Disneyland, I got turned on my head yesterday when the terms "Inner Lobby" and "Main Entry Plaza" were used in another thread.

As it turns out, the "Inner Lobby" is the area just inside the Disneyland turnstiles, in front the Mickey Mouse planter where everyone get's their picture taken.

The "Main Entry Plaza" is what is now commonly known as "The Esplanade", the expansive brick-covered area between DCA and Disneyland.

Realizing that even self-proclaimed know-it-alls don't know it all, I decided this would be a fun place to list terms, phrases and definitions of all things, and places, at the Disneyland Resort.

Your turn.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Fighter Pilot

Re: Defining Disneyland- Your guide to phrases, terms and words in the Disneyland lex

The doe hole

• Closed Account

Re: Defining Disneyland- Your guide to phrases, terms and words in the Disneyland lex

While most fans prefer the term "Refurb" to denote major restorative work on an attraction, "Rehab" is just as common, if not more so (although perhaps not as grammaticaly correct)among CMs, and can be found throughout Disney in-house literature like the Disneyland Line.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Add "Piazza" to that list, Circ...

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Add "Piazza" to that list, Circ...
    I'm not sure that's necessarily a Disney-coined term...

It certainly isn't a proper noun in Disney parlance.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 11-01-2007 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    I'm not sure that's necessarily a Disney-coined term...
    Do they have to be official Disney created terms? I didn't read any restrictions in the original post. Many popular and common terms were created by Cast Members or Guests.

"Plaids" would be one that was created by Cast, for example. "Jolly Blue Giants" (the old sky-blue shirted uniformed Security officers) would be another.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Terms used do not and often should not be official Disney-certified terms. "Plaids" or "esplanade" comes to mind as a term that is usual and customary in the Disney-fan lexicon that is accepted within the community to describe something.

The problem is when certain individuals seem to grab terms from thin air to describe something. That is ok but if the term is not accepted by the community or if the they do not understand it then perhaps defining the term or describing it in a different way will satisfy the majority.

• U. B. Bold

Touron = Stupid tourist. Though I admit that this term is universal throughout the tourism industry and not exclusive to Disneyland.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

This is a neat thread. How about we keep it positive. I suggest we steer clear of pejorative terms. Because....there is enough negativity out there already.

• =)

Attraction control rooms are referred to as "towers", even in cases where they aren't located in towerlike structures--or aren't significantly elevated at all.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Sir Clinksalot has a sticky thread in the "Forums" section about Disney Glossary terms:
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ary-54411.html
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
    The doe hole
    What's that?
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Me and Tommy Kirk

When I worked for the Disney Stores (in the good old days) we of course called people shopping in the stores "Guests". However if there was a person who we could see was either trying to steal or con us, or was just a plain old pain in the butt, we called them "customers". We would call back to the manager and say "we have a customer here who needs your help", and the manager would know exactly what we meant.

• "I Break Things"

for Jungle Skips.... Courtesy... that is all I now return you to your regular debate.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast