Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

How far can you expand the Disneyland Resort

i was looking at this satallite of the Disneyland Resort and it looks like they can make Disneyland bigger. They can expand DL to disneyland drive then go in the back of frontierland, fantasyland, and toontown and reconnect it with tomorrowland. This move will include more room for frontierland, fantasyland, and removal of toontown but incoporate RR cartoon spin into fantasyland. There would also be an expanison of the monorail from DTD monorail station comes an expanison new route around the new expansion to the new parking structure which will be located near the new expansion of frontierland or fantasyland then the monorail route would connect with existing track along harbor blvd. After the new DCA is built there would also be another extension along harbor blvd around Carsland and it comes through California Screammin like the concept art and goes around GRR like the matterhorn in Disneyland and then reconnects with the existing by the Grand Californian Hotel and goes on it's way to DTD. What do you think?? Is this possible?

side note for some reason my finished project won't allow me to post it so if you would like to see it email me at [email protected] and maybe you can help me by posting it. the picture below is what i used.

Last edited by Disneyfan4; 11-01-2007 at 11:04 AM.

• Mischievous Mouse

Re: How far can you expand the Disneyland Resort

I'd rather not see it change too much. Toon-town is great for the real young ones especially (ages 2-6). Frontierland while dated and kind of boring compared to other lands, is quite nostalgic. I'd like them to update Star Tours, it's sort of lame now with all the modern CGI FX.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Disney Starved in AZ

I say put another Garage north of Mickey and friends in the two smaller cast lots...
    Make a skywalk across Disneyland Drive at Katella and put more DCA in the parking lot behind Paradise Pier along with Carsland in the Timon lot...
    Demolish the TDA bldg and some others behind Toontown and you have room to expand there too!

• Imaginative Possibilities

I would expect that Downtown Disney WILL expand into its own parking lot and just have Simba lot as its official parking lot if not into another parking structure which would work well. With the expansion of carsland into a portion of the timon parking lot there is still the rest of it ready for expansion. Not to mention that big strwberry field further down on harbor, near the cast member parking lot, the 3rd park is decades and decades away, but never the less still a possibility. Expansion is no doubt....not over
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• Rock Star Minion

Which is the Simba lot? South and west of PP Hotel?

If we could go back in time, there was a perfect place to expand DL: since a new Space Mountain track would have to be built, it would be easier to start from scratch and build a hole where the Lion King Tram and drop off areas are, then expand Tomorrowland into where current Space Mountain. Then create a Studios area with nearly limitless space (especially after Pixar merger, which would have happened a lot sooner with their own themed land). Oh yes, this is all pie in the past sky dreaoming. Sue me.

Still have to build M&F structure, though, as the parking lot would eventually be filled with another half of DL. Though a lot slower than the speed that DCA was built, in order to form a more perfect themed land.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

As for expanding northward, I'd rather see some dark-like rides built in the IASW/POTC/HM/Splash/Indy-style of queuing up in the current DL park and winding your way beyond the tracks to a show building. Show building could be on top of currently-used (but reinforced or rebuilt) buildings on the backstage areas.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• U. B. Bold

I'm sure others will tell you this, but all of that 'room' back there is filled to the brim with all of the behind the scenes stuff it takes to run a major theme park like DLR. For instance: the horse stables, the DLRR and Monorail roundhouse, the buildings used for maintenance and repair of ride vehicles and, perhaps most importantly, the facilities for dealing with the monumental mounds of garbage that the resort guests create everyday. And a whole lot of other stuff too.

In short, Disneyland may still be able to push out beyond the berm here and there with individual attractions, but the actual boundaries of the park are pretty much fixed.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• =)

The only part of this I have time to address right now is perhaps the most expensive and difficult--the spreading of onstage west to Disneyland Drive. This is not possible. I'd love it if it were, but it's quite simply not. Enough difficulty is posed by the non-attraction backstage stuff alone, but when you factor in the show buildings for Splash, HM, and POTC, it becomes completely impossible. Those are big facilities that couldn't be easily disguised, and removing them would cause an uproar from millions of guests. Oh yeah, Winnie the Pooh has a show building back there, too, but I think that one could be removed with significantly less uproar.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    I'm sure others will tell you this, but all of that 'room' back there is filled to the brim with all of the behind the scenes stuff it takes to run a major theme park like DLR. For instance: the horse stables, the DLRR and Monorail roundhouse, the buildings used for maintenance and repair of ride vehicles and, perhaps most importantly, the facilities for dealing with the monumental mounds of garbage that the resort guests create everyday. And a whole lot of other stuff too.

In short, Disneyland may still be able to push out beyond the berm here and there with individual attractions, but the actual boundaries of the park are pretty much fixed.
    Thank you Big Thunder... I was wondering who'd explain Backstage 101 to the mice.

The monorail and RR roundhouse could be made into an exhibet like the bread/tortilla factories accross the piazza. However, I'd like to see them build the legendary roundhouse Steve DG showed us. The one they couldn't afford in the 50s could be built somewhere as an exhibet and working roundhouse. Same with the horse stables, they could be built into a little ranch that guests could visit in an extended Frontierland.

I say build a giant underground backstage building under part of the backstage acreage and build guest areas on top, as they do at WDW MK.

• Imaginative Possibilities

I dont think the horses would like to be visited on their break C.A., would you? Also it would be way to expensive to build underground, not to mention the huge interruption of the parks operation...
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IMAGINE View Post
    I dont think the horses would like to be visited on their break C.A., would you? Also it would be way to expensive to build underground, not to mention the huge interruption of the parks operation...
    Horses are like dogs, they prefer to have people around. Not touching and bothering them all day, but observing from the other side of the fence? Then they could decide whether or not to come over to guests.

Doubt it would draw Sea World sized crowds of horse-watchers.

But they need a certain amount of room to house them, they could build something onstage that would look themed to the Old West.

Something like DisneyWorld has:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...blesDetailPage

Circle D Ranch

• U. B. Bold

When they first built Big Thunder Ranch, some of the Main St horses used to take their days off onstage in stalls there. I'm not sure when they discontinued this or why. I've spent a lot of time around horses and they do love their regular routines, so my guess is that the horses didn't care for the extra guest 'attention' all that much.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Why do you have to be such a neigh-sayer? Pblaaah! (Horsey noise)

Well, the second parking structure is supposed to go where the Pumbaa lot is now, with that vast strip of unused land ajacent to it becoming the tram loading area. That's the one that would enter directly off the North 5, rather than using the Disney Way Timon Entrance. And at least some of that is supposed to be Cast Member Parking.

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Why do you have to be such a neigh-sayer? Pblaaah! (Horsey noise)
    Hehe.

Actually, being both a horse lover and a bona-fide train geek I would love to see onstage facilities for both the DLRR and the stables. A Victorian era brick roundhouse with an old gallows type turntable out front would be the greatest thing ever. In fact they could build it today just east of the main gate where that fugly tram stop is now. Put a switch in west of Primeval World, elevate the whole area about 15' or so and there you go (just don't ask me where the new tram stop will go).

On the other side of the park, expand Frontierland into the Big Thunder Ranch area and add an onstage livery stable for some of the horses. After all, nothing says 'Old West' like the authentic smell of horse sh!t.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast