Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Happy Haunt

How About a History of Disneyland Museum Ride?

In light of Kevin Yee's Ghosts article, I had a thought that I don't know if it has been touched upon yet. I unfortunately don't have the time to thoroughly read all the threads, so I apologize if I'm repeating something that's already been discussed, or suggested by anyone else.

There was a discussion of a Disneyland museum and if it were to exist, where could it be built. My thought is to have a larger Omnimover style ride that would take you through the history of Disneyland starting from Walt's first visit and passing through the historical years of Disneyland. There could be animatronics of Walt himself with a Walt "sound alike" narrating the scenes using the 3D sound audio system (as used at the Great Moments with Lincoln) as if he were with the riders in spirit (not to imply his ghost will follow you home). The ride would take you through scenes of Disneyland using actual historical props, ride vehicles, scenes, sounds etc.

My thought would that it could be built in Mainstreet where the Great Moments with Lincoln is (assuming enough space is there that could be devoted to a ride this size). There's already a bit of a museum in that building, and you wouldn't have to completely remove Lincoln, just make him part of the historical ride. This would give an actual ride attraction to Mainstreet that currently doesn't exist.

Disneyland has and will continue to change with technology and theme, and I think in some way, Disneyland's history should be preserved in a way that could be enjoyed and experienced by generations to come. I for one would give anything to go back in time to experience Disney in it's early years and a concept like this would be the next best thing. I could type on and ramble about possible scenes and such, but let's hear your thoughts...

• Sock Puppet

Re: How About a History of Disneyland Museum Ride?

No Walt animatronics please. That's just way too tacky and weird.

• Disneyland is your land.

Isn't Disneyland pretty much a museum of itself? Like I could understand something along the lines of a "Yesterland" but honestly when visiting Disneyland guests pretty much experience 50 years of history right in front of their eyes.
    Class of 2005...

• Drunk On Disney

I like this idea a whole lot. I don't know if Disneyland is the right place for it... maybe it belongs in a whole new place.

Every once and a while we hear about Disney wanting to resurrect the Disney Quest idea and build some satellite parks in other areas of the USA.

Perhaps a dark ride about the history of Disneyland (and the Disney parks) would be a perfect ride for these mini-parks.

If you visited Universal Studios Florida and then visited Universal Studios Hollywood you have seen a similar thing (where tour tram ride through a smaller version of USF's King Kong, Jaws and Earthquake.)

I would love to see a ride that told a brief history of the Disney parks concept with scenes from It's a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion and more.

Plus the idea of getting back parts of long gone attractions would be very cool.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

This starts off as a great idea, but when you really think about it, it couldn't be done properly without a Walt animatronic. And that's where I stop... and that's where it should stop. A walk-around museum / history of Disneyland is a better and more respectful way of handling it.

A ride... if it loses popularity would be quite difficult to replace if there's X amount of disney die-hards fighting to keep it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Grinning Dan View Post
    There was a discussion of a Disneyland museum and if it were to exist, where could it be built.
    It's being built in San Francisco:
    http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/index.html

Disneyland and the current Disney's California Adventure are theme parks.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Happy Haunt

The building where the Disneyland The First 50 Magical Years attraction is and where Great Moments was (which last I heard was supposed to return sometime) is already devoted to Walt Disney/Disneyland history and has been there for a very long time now. Lincoln was added in 1965 if my research has proved accurate, which is a long time for such a simple attraction that many tourists don't even know is there or pass by for the bigger better attractions. I'm suggesting it would freshen the area up by expanding on this with a nice relaxing ridethrough featuring a much more elaborate view of the early days of Disneyland. Walk through's are fine, but people like rides as they are relaxing and you get you off your feet for awhile. Also, I'm not suggesting the ride be so much about Walt's history, just the park itself, the long gone rides and attractions. OK, it doesn't need a Walt Animatronic, that was just a silly comment, and not the focus of the idea. I don't know. I think if Lincoln can hang around for so long, a much more elaborate ride attraction could stick around for generations to come if it were done properly.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Just restore Walt's office to the lobby of Lincoln, Lincoln to the theater, and continue the 50th exhibits as they are now, and that's museum enough for anyone.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Yes walk through. No ride. THere's my vote.

• DL Nerd

I wouldn't mind a walk through.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    Just restore Walt's office to the lobby of Lincoln, Lincoln to the theater, and continue the 50th exhibits as they are now, and that's museum enough for anyone.
    We still need back from WDW Disney MGM studio One man dreams.
    Walking exhibits.

Last edited by akfandisney; 11-03-2007 at 12:34 PM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Just one of those days

Absolutely not. With the way the 50 Years of Magic Show in the Opera House turned out and the way Disney is producing dark rides now, I can't see a reasonable show within reach.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    No Walt animatronics please. That's just way too tacky and weird.
    Why is it tacky and weird for Walt, but not so for the 16th President of the United States?

Walt opens Disneyland, Then something goes terribly wrong. And everything works out in the end. I like it. I like it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I like this idea a whole lot. I don't know if Disneyland is the right place for it... maybe it belongs in a whole new place.

Every once and a while we hear about Disney wanting to resurrect the Disney Quest idea and build some satellite parks in other areas of the USA.

Perhaps a dark ride about the history of Disneyland (and the Disney parks) would be a perfect ride for these mini-parks.

If you visited Universal Studios Florida and then visited Universal Studios Hollywood you have seen a similar thing (where tour tram ride through a smaller version of USF's King Kong, Jaws and Earthquake.)

I would love to see a ride that told a brief history of the Disney parks concept with scenes from It's a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion and more.

Plus the idea of getting back parts of long gone attractions would be very cool.

OK, I have to mention it again. Before the 50th, I thought it
    would be fun to turn the Revolving Building into a Theater, once
    again ~ BUT this would be a new revived Carousel, of Disney History
    And yes it would include an Audio Animatronic Walt, as our host
    Just like on the Wonderful World of Disney ~ only this would be the
    Wonderful World of Disneyland ~ it would be a revolving theater.

Imagine seeing the history, and some of it's former audio animatronic
    shows. Of course one section would be for the original tentant,
    The Carousel of Progress ~ with a quick show and a couple of songs.
    Another section would pay tribute to the next Resident ~ and
    America's Bicenntenial ~ America Sings! again with another quick show.
    And of course, another section would bring us the Good Ol' Critters
    from Country Bear Jamboree! A little bit of that hoe down spirit .
    Two of the other full sections could pay tribute to other attractions
    and maybe one could be of Plectu's, a concept which never got built!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast