Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HMH music?

• Nouveau Membre

HMH music?

I was wondering if anybody knew the name of the song(s) that is/are played outside the mansion during the Holiday overlay.

• Just splashing around...

Re: HMH music?

I believe it is from Phantom Mannor at Disneyland Paris (if we're thinking of the same music). But I could be wrong...

• Shubisha

the song is grim grinning ghosts.

the version is from the musicbox in phantom manor at disneyland paris.

• =)

Which means it was arranged by American film composer John Debney, based on a theme written by Buddy Baker for the original mansion. This version is heard year-round around HMH's FastPass area, which is a small gazebo-like area off to the left of the mansion. It remains closed for most of the year, though it's possible to enter through the exit if you just want to soak in the area's wonderful ambiance. The music continues to play even though the area's closed--and honestly, I'm glad it does.

• Awaken the spirits

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Which means it was arranged by American film composer John Debney, based on a theme written by Buddy Baker for the original mansion. This version is heard year-round around HMH's FastPass area, which is a small gazebo-like area off to the left of the mansion. It remains closed for most of the year, though it's possible to enter through the exit if you just want to soak in the area's wonderful ambiance. The music continues to play even though the area's closed--and honestly, I'm glad it does.
    It does? I didn't know that. Why do they keep the music going? And do you get in trouble for going in there? lol.

And do they not play Scarols any more? I haven't been to Disneyland this time of year since the seconf year HMH was open. I haven't even seen Oogie Boogie or anything. I think he's in the mansion now.
    Last edited by Madame_Leota; 11-02-2007 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madame_Leota View Post
    And do they not play Scarols any more? I haven't been to Disneyland this time of year since the seconf year HMH was open.
    The Scarols have thankfully gone the way of Yesterland.
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Madame_Leota View Post
    And do they not play Scarols any more? I haven't been to Disneyland this time of year since the seconf year HMH was open. I haven't even seen Oogie Boogie or anything. I think he's in the mansion now.
    The Scarols were removed last year. I'm not sure why, though.

Thankfully the "Scream-a-long" still exists, even though it's not advertised anymore.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• knell of a requiem bell

I LIKED the SCAROLS - I wish they hadn't removed them from the queue. Here's how I get my fix: http://www.amazon.com/Disneyland-Hau...4033965&sr=8-1
    -GGG

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Aww, man, they got rid of the scarols? That sucks.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Minion

I didn't really enjoy the scarols that much, but now that just the music box plays, if you are waiting in a long line it gets kind of annoying.
    Jeff Wayne

• =)

It does? I didn't know that. Why do they keep the music going?
    Yup. I really don't know why, but I do know that the sound carries over to the brick planter walls that people tend to sit on. That area is beautiful, relatively quiet, and nicely shaded, so guests sometimes take a break there. The music adds a nice subtle creepiness.

And do you get in trouble for going in there? lol.
    I never have. I don't see why Disney should waste their time trying to punish interested guests from exploring in there. It's not a backstage area; nothing is being stored there, no CMs take breaks there, and it's an exquisitely themed area. The gates in front are closed to prevent people from going in and being confused, but if you simply go in through the exit to admire the scenery without doing anything illicit, I see nothing wrong with it. This also gives you a chance to explore the trench next to the extended queue that leads from the "chicken exit" door in one of the crypts on the side of the berm. You can see all this in my model if you'd like; check my sig for the link. Again, I certainly wouldn't approve of anyone going into these places to vandalize anything or try to break into the chicken exit or something, but if you're just there to appreciate the beauty and interestingness of it all, why not?

• Shubisha

It's funny to me that for the fastpass queue they just let it loop endlessly, but when they put it to just the music box again they basically used the loop they made for the screamalong year but without the screamalongs. So every now and then the music fades out and then fades back in again for no reason. It would seem like the obvious choice would to just let it loop endlessly without the random fadeout/fadein.

• Head Salesman

The song list is as follows:

Up on the Housetop
    Scary Bells
    Over the Graveyards
    Old Mansion Tree
    Wreck the Halls
    We Wish You a Scary Christmas
    The 13 Days of Christmas
    God Rest You Merry Grinning Ghosts
    Nightmare Before Christmas Medley
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon View Post
    Aww, man, they got rid of the scarols? That sucks.
    I have to agree with you. I was so disappointed after our first year of the HMH..... the Scarols weren't being played; We would get bummed while standing in line. My teenage son will not be happy to hear this news either.

Do they still have the words of the Scarols on display in the queue? I know they have other years when the Scarols weren't playing.
    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnswash View Post
    I have to agree with you. I was so disappointed after our first year of the HMH..... the Scarols weren't being played; We would get bummed while standing in line. My teenage son will not be happy to hear this news either.

Do they still have the words of the Scarols on display in the queue? I know they have other years when the Scarols weren't playing.

No, they didn't place those scrolls up the last couple of years,
    when they stopped playing the Scarols.

I would like to see the Scarols back, too.

There used to be more Scarols the 1st year that they
    were introduced ~ but they mysteriously disappeared
    during the 1st year of the HMH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast